Dead or Alive Online Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterHavik

And you're the one that wants him to suck because he's a ninja and not for any real reason. Balance is the point of fighters, and what does buffing a character that needs it have to do with removing a bug that was never intended to be there in the first place?
What's wrong with making bad for one game? He can't be bad because he's a ninja. Hayates fanboys would drop the game because he's not good? I'll put it simple buffing him doesn't make the game more balance. It moreso going making things fair for everyone else. I told you what Zack, and it seem you really didn't care. But Hayate oh you were a soapbox sir. Why can't Hayate not be good for one game? Why does he have to be always solid? Zack wasn't until 4. And he is losing some of swag in 5. So....why aren't you saying nanything for Zack? Because he doesn't need anything?

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
What's wrong with making bad for one game? He can't be bad because he's a ninja. Hayates fanboys would drop the game because he's not good? I'll put it simple buffing him doesn't make the game more balance. It moreso going making things fair for everyone else. I told you what Zack, and it seem you really didn't care. But Hayate oh you were a soapbox sir. Why can't Hayate not be good for one game? Why does he have to be always solid? Zack wasn't until 4. And he is losing some of swag in 5. So....why aren't you saying nanything for Zack? Because he doesn't need anything?

There's no reason to nerf a character just because he's been high tier in every other game. Should Gen Fu be bottom tier now also?

Hayate should be tied for first place on the tier list with everyone else.

Zeo

The only person on a soapbox is you. Talk about you playing Zack, being a Zack main, him needing this, him needing that, is apparent in some form in every single one of your posts. I only talked about Hayate in a tier discussion thread.

Why don't I talk about what Zack needs? Because I don't play Zack, I don't know what he has or needs and I don't need to, so why would I talk about him? Did I ever say he didn't "deserve" any buffs/nerfs? Did I ever discredit you when you mentioned something that he needed or lost? No. But It's funny how you talk about me being on a soapbox for Hayate when the only character you even talk about needing a buff is Zack when there are other characters in need of buffs and even those that need them more (hi Helena). Moreso, why should I care about what you want for your character, when you want mine to suck?

Hayate (or any ninja for that matter) being low tier or lacking tools doesn't make things "fair" for anyone, it satisfies your bias and hatred for ninja characters because of their dominance in the previous game. Buffing low tier characters to match the high tier does make the game more balanced no matter what your personal preferences are and your attitude is negative towards the game's competitive growth.

I love when people come to conclusions on their own.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Hayate (or any ninja for that matter) being low tier or lacking tools doesn't make things "fair" for anyone, it satisfies your bias and hatred for ninja characters because of their dominance in the previous game. Buffing low tier characters to match the high tier does make the game more balanced no matter what your personal preferences are and your attitude is negative towards the game's competitive growth.

Yeah. I don't like Hayate at all. I find him to be a lifeless unlikable character, but I still want him to be good because I want everyone to be good. I'm not going to play favorites about it and say that one character should be better than another. I'm not sure what Hayate is lacking (I haven't looked into him at all), but I'd support any buffs that allow him to compete. Same goes for Zack, Helena, Alpha, and anyone else who needs them.

Zeo

Yeah. I don't like Hayate at all. I find him to be a lifeless unlikable character, but I still want him to be good because I want everyone to be good. I'm not going to play favorites about it and say that one character should be better than another. I'm not sure what Hayate is lacking (I haven't looked into him at all), but I'd support any buffs that allow him to compete. Same goes for Zack, Helena, Alpha, and anyone else who needs them.
My only attachment to that character is that he was once Ein, and I love Ein. He has no personality and there honestly isn't really anything there tolike or hate. But he looks kinda cool, has a fun playstyle and some cool looking moves that are reminiscent of Ein, that's why I play him. That and because Ein's not here and playing as Hitomi just vexes me.

Enough derailing though.

MasterHavik

The only person on a soapbox is you. Talk about you playing Zack, being a Zack main, him needing this, him needing that, is apparent in some form in every single one of your posts. I only talked about Hayate in a tier discussion thread.

Why don't I talk about what Zack needs? Because I don't play Zack, I don't know what he has or needs and I don't need to, so why would I talk about him? Did I ever say he didn't "deserve" any buffs/nerfs? Did I ever discredit you when you mentioned something that he needed or lost? No. But It's funny how you talk about me being on a soapbox for Hayate when the only character you even talk about needing a buff is Zack when there are other characters in need of buffs and even those that need them more (hi Helena). Moreso, why should I care about what you want for your character, when you want mine to suck?

I love when people come to conclusions on their own.

Let's go line by line.

First off it's not in all my posts and am I wrong about showing his shortcomings to the community? I called soapbox on you because you're giving this bs speech about game balance.

*claps* wow...really bro? that's why? I played a little Hayate in 4 and I have yet to try him in 5. I was good enough to beat people with him and he wasn't even my main. He is the only ninja I actually bother to learn and understand him deeper than the others. And dude I talked about Helena needing buff. Hell, I even said she got fucked over by messed up TN logic. Don't call me fucking bias all because I don't kiss ninja ass. I play Tina as my second bro. I feel she could use a little safety? What? I'm talking about other characters that I actually know how to play and use. Let me give you again. Lisa needs some damn speed badly on a lot of her moves. Christie could use a little more safety. Huh/ Did I just talk about more characters that need buffs? Notice how these other characters I brought up ARE NOT ninja. This why I don't him or any of the other ninja getting buffs. I want regular characters to be better than them for once. Why can't Tina or Lisa beat up Ryu and Kasumi for free? All because they don't have magical powers? So don't call me bias or a Zack fanboy. It seems I have played more characters in 4 and I'm trying to in this game than you. And...you asked why should you care? Simple man....they are normal characters. You're going to get salty and shit all because I don't want a fucking ninja getting buff?

oh this last one is good. So I hurt the growth of the game because characters that are never bad deserve to get better? I mean if these ninja mains love them so much why don't they put in the work? I did with Zack and Tina. I would agree in general sense that to buff the low tier characters is a great idea. But oh if it's someone popular hate no. Make them usable and whatever, but don't make them super fucking good. But here's the big kicker bro. Thanks to the ninajs lots of fucking people don't wanna play DOA because of that. That's one of the reasons. It doesn't matter if it's wrong or right. It's a bigger issue than all the fanservice. That hurts the game that TN can't make them high to top tier for once. It also hurts the game when the mains for whatever bitch about them not being better than rest of the cast. It's like if you play a ninja you don't work hard as everyone else. I know they all didn't run truck in most of the games. I mean Tekken and Capcom did it to their main guys. Jin wasn't super strong in 6 and Ken wasn't all that in SF. I wish for the ninjas to be solid mid tier to low tier characters. I want them to be decent enough to where new players can pick them up and do okay with them. I hate the ninjas, but I would highly prefer and support that. You call this a negative attitude, but I call it being fair and just.

Zeo

Bs speech about game balance... simply amazing. No what's bs is that you want ninjas to be below other characters because you "feel" that's fair. No you aren't bias because you don't "kiss ninja ass" you're biased because you deliberately want certain characters to be bad because they are popular and were dominant in one, ONE DOA title. And way to continue putting words in my mouth. I never said I wanted ninjas (and I'm only really talking about Hayate in this case) to be super omg amazing top tier, I simply said Hayate was bad and needed improvements and then you got defensive and mad saying ninjas don't need any buffs so Hayate players should get to the lab and work with what he has because you had to with Zack, instead of he (and *gasp* OTHER characters that might just include Zack!) getting things they they need to actually be on par with characters like Jann that have tools all characters should have to begin with.

Fine, you talk about other characters sometimes, everyone talks about how Helena turned out, and you may turn a nod to Tina when she's brought up. But your character of choice and topic 90% of the time is Zack so don't try to tell me you aren't biased, and weren't you just telling me I was on a soapbox about Hayate and telling me I should talk more about Zack when you talk mostly about Zack and when I brought up Hayate (who could potentially be worse than Zack) you jumped down my throat and told me he didn't need buffs because he was "too popular"?

Oh this is a good one, no you aren't hurting the growth of the game because "characters that are never bad deserve to get better?" You're hurting the growth of the game because if you had your way everyone but the ninjas would be buffed effectively making them underpowered which is just as bad for the game's balance as them being grossly overpowered.
So I hurt the growth of the game because characters that are never bad deserve to get better? I mean if these ninja mains love them so much why don't they put in the work? I did with Zack and Tina. I would agree in general sense that to buff the low tier characters is a great idea. But oh if it's someone popular hate no. Make them usable and whatever, but don't make them super fucking good. But here's the big kicker bro. Thanks to the ninajs lots of fucking people don't wanna play DOA because of that. That's one of the reasons. It doesn't matter if it's wrong or right. It's a bigger issue than all the fanservice. That hurts the game that TN can't make them high to top tier for once.

Simply amazing... you effectively just said buff all low tier charactetrs except for the popular ones. How is that not biased? Make them "usable and whatever" guess what, Kasumi, Hayabusa and Ayane are usable. Hayate on the other hand is bad and beating a dead horse, needs buffs like every other low tier. No he doesn't need to be a top tier or dominant even though you seem to think that's what I'm aiming for when I say he needs buffs, but he should be able to compete at the very least with the higher tier characters.

Your comment about the ninjas turning people off goes both ways. I'm sure there are some that don't play DOA because of bitterness towards the ninjas. That's too bad, they are also some of the most popular characters in the game and STILL some of the most frequently picked characters and I'm sure a lot more people decided to pick up the game because of the ninjas then pass it up.

You can say you're "fair and just" all you want. But you're biased, period. I just want all characters to be good. I know the character Hayate well because I played him a great deal so I decided to bring him up and it turned into this big thing with you because "omg he's popularrrrrr why does he need to be good he was good in the last game even though Gen Fu is stupid good in every DOA yet no one cares" Again, I love when people come to conclusions on their own.

PS. I played Ein, Hitomi, Eliot, Hayate and a few others in 4. Way to assume you play or know more characters than I do, or are learning more characters. What exactly do you know about me or who I'm playing or learning?

MasterHavik

Bs speech about game balance... simply amazing. No what's bs is that you want ninjas to be below other characters because you "feel" that's fair. No you aren't bias because you don't "kiss ninja ass" you're biased because you deliberately want certain characters to be bad because they are popular and were dominant in one, ONE DOA title. And way to continue putting words in my mouth. I never said I wanted ninjas (and I'm only really talking about Hayate in this case) to be super omg amazing top tier, I simply said Hayate was bad and needed improvements and then you got defensive and mad saying ninjas don't need any buffs so Hayate players should get to the lab and work with what he has because you had to with Zack, instead of he (and *gasp* OTHER characters that might just include Zack!) getting things they they need to actually be on par with characters like Jann that have tools all characters should have to begin with.

Fine, you talk about other characters sometimes, everyone talks about how Helena turned out, and you may turn a nod to Tina when she's brought up. But your character of choice and topic 90% of the time is Zack so don't try to tell me you aren't biased, and weren't you just telling me I was on a soapbox about Hayate and telling me I should talk more about Zack when you talk mostly about Zack and when I brought up Hayate (who could potentially be worse than Zack) you jumped down my throat and told me he didn't need buffs because he was "too popular"?

Oh this is a good one, no you aren't hurting the growth of the game because "characters that are never bad deserve to get better?" You're hurting the growth of the game because if you had your way everyone but the ninjas would be buffed effectively making them underpowered which is just as bad for the game's balance as them being grossly overpowered.

Simply amazing... you effectively just said buff all low tier charactetrs except for the popular ones. How is that not biased? Make them "usable and whatever" guess what, Kasumi, Hayabusa and Ayane are usable. Hayate on the other hand is bad and beating a dead horse, needs buffs like every other low tier. No he doesn't need to be a top tier or dominant even though you seem to think that's what I'm aiming for when I say he needs buffs, but he should be able to compete at the very least with the higher tier characters.

Your comment about the ninjas turning people off goes both ways. I'm sure there are some that don't play DOA because of bitterness towards the ninjas. That's too bad, they are also some of the most popular characters in the game and STILL some of the most frequently picked characters and I'm sure a lot more people decided to pick up the game because of the ninjas then pass it up.

You can say you're "fair and just" all you want. But you're biased, period. I just want all characters to be good. I know the character Hayate well because I played him a great deal so I decided to bring him up and it turned into this big thing with you because "omg he's popularrrrrr why does he need to be good he was good in the last game even though Gen Fu is stupid good in every DOA yet no one cares" Again, I love when people come to conclusions on their own.

PS. I played Ein, Hitomi, Eliot, Hayate and a few others in 4. Way to assume you play or know more characters than I do, or are learning more characters. What exactly do you know about me or who I'm playing or learning?
line by line. but this one won't be as much of a shoot.

Okay I may have jump over a little bit. Bad ninja memories man and I really just don't like them.

I talk a lot about Zack because he is my main....What? I can't talk about the awesomeness of the Zack man? I would give you the same respect if Ein was brought up dude. So how about we make it 50/50 on this one dude? And I don't turn a nod to Tina. I have been trying my hardest to sue her properly. I really love the character and she is my favorite DOA female. Well it's a tie now because I'm loving Lisa Knowles too. I went too far on the Hayate thing. And I was on the soapbox. I'm sorry. But I think that one goes both ways. A ninja worst than Zack....that makes me happy.

Umm.....how to put this? I would be partying in the street if there was a DOA game like that. I would drink from the tears of all the guys that use them too. I'll send you an invite if that ever happens. I feel that will be the best DOA game ever in my opinion. I'm being honest here. This why games like Tekken, VF, and mk(talking mk9) did well. There was no popularity bs. Scrop wasn't best in the game. He was mid. Sub wasn't top tier either. And you know about Tekken already. And Vf...well everyone Vf can kick the shit out of you. Those three games don't have no popularity politics in them. People like tom and Slips were still kicking everyone's ass with scrop and sub and placing really high in majors. They knew their characters were not great. But they got in the lab and worked with what they had and found a lot of tech in the process. Hayate players should take note of that. No...they should look them up and watch their matches and write notes. I know you may not like this part, but it's how i feel honestly. I am sorry for my actions and I really felt I was ripping someone who wasn't even trying to attack me. So I am really sorry.

This is where me and you should play some offline matches. I'm with you. I feel bad that there are people like that. I do, but it plagues our games. And it pisses me off. I feel besides Ayane, the ninjas are fine this time. I got respect for you right here. I also played Hayate too dude. That's nothing special. I know him too. He's not that hard of a character to figure out in my opinion.

Well I put this way. My whole thing was about the ninjas and not about other characters who ere high tier. That and gen fu isn't THAT bad compared to them.

well the reason i brought that up was because you thought I onlyplayed Zack and only Zack and was pretty calling me a Zack fanboy. And what do i know about you? Well.....not much...I know you have nice hair and that you enjoy long walks on the beach.:D And I think you're also single too.

DR2K

I still don't understand how this wasn't their number one priority, the customized breast jiggling could have waited.

Zeo

Don't worry about it. I respected your opinion from the start and understood your feelings, I never said I had a problem with you being biased, just that you weren't admitting it.

We all want our characters to be good and comparing them to the powerhouse ninjas in 4 would give anyone a headache, if that balanced game does come I'll be rooting for Zack to smash heads just like any other character, feel free to talk about him, that's your main and that's your guy.

Definitely wouldn't mind some offline matches as my Akira is 50% more dangerous without lag and delay, If I could make that a reality you bet I would.

Glad this could be dealt with. I don't attack and insult people, or bash their opinions, I'm no troll. I just don't like being called out is all. We're square.

Well... not to be off topic but... wait... this is on topic. Yeah, this all stemmed from me wanting that Tina ground throw glitch to be patched out. Yeah, it needs to go, not budging on that. There are very few things I would actually say need to be "nerfed" but that is indeed one of them.

GLoRToR

IMPORTANT. Whoever's in touch with them warn them about how MK was patched too fast on a whim and it ruined the game ultimately because now they can't be bothered to pay for a patch with the free patches all used up.
I would like this game to last.

TakedaZX

Hmmm. I've got an idea. How about we ask em to nerf everyone and then buff Zack and Hayate... Then lets just change the game name to Dead or Zack and Hayate. That'd be my shit since I mained both of them at some point huehuehuehue >:D

All jokes aside though, I'm really hyped for this patch. Online is fun and all as it stands right now, and the game is great, but I don't feel like I'm actually learning anything. In SCV I can atleast consistently get punished by someone with atleast a 3bar connection. I'm getting away with much too much unsafe shit against actual DOA vets, not saying I'm not one, but I haven't had as much experience against people online, and characters outside of Hayabusa and Jann-Lee, which is because of a big world - small pond scenario between me and my best friend.

Even still I wouldn't mind seeing a few buffs happen to the characters that need it, to bring them up to "Jann-Lee Top Tier" Status. The idea of "buff more, nerf less" appeases me, because we want to step forward right? Not back.

So I hope everyone that really needs it, gets it, and I hope this patch drops soon!!!

Omegan Eckhart

Am I the only one who likes the idea of great rewards being given after making a great read? I just hate the idea of great rewards being given off of a brain dead read, as with Jann Lee's Dragon Gunner.

Great Read > Great Reward - YES
Brain Dead Read > Minimal Reward - YES
Brain Dead Read > Great Reward - NO

Zeo

I only agree partially with that. No one had a problem with Jann's getting a free 66k off his Dragon Gunner in 3.1, why would it be a problem here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD