Design new characters for DOA6

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Nyotengu we all know you're actually 1030 stop hidin it you're taking the cursed number for your advantage
i wonder what age a tengu has to be to suddenly grow a long nose n that

Dee15gon

What if DOA had an African Shaolin monk.
f04da2db1122101d77a12c.jpg

Name: Dembe
Nationality: Ugandan or Malawi
Height: 5,8
Rivals: Eliot, Brad Wong, Helena, Kokoro, Ayane, Kasumi, Hayate, Hitomi, Rig, Lei-Fang, Jann-Lee
Fighting Style: Shaolin Kung-Fu
Hobbies: Traveling, Meditating, Praying, Training, Resting
Personality: A strong, calm, curious, and free spirited young man. Benevolent and laid-back, also very sociable, and culture-adaptive, always eager to learn more about the world (which is why he travels a lot). One of the more generous fighters. Openly friendly towards most fighters. He is more than happy accept a challenge from anyone (regardless of age or gender). He is never arrogant and always takes his opponents serious. When he loses a fight, he praises his opponent and goes back into praying.

His fighting is both defensive and offensive (like a mix between Lei-Fang, Helena, Gen Fu, Eliot, and Virtua Fighter's Lei Fei).
He has multiple stances (6 or 7, I believe) that can change to another when doing a certain move. Yep. Tons of mix-ups.
He has a unique counter hold and ground attack which involves using his hard head.

The headstand can be an Intro or a Winpose.

Unique Taunt High Punch (or High Kick) Counter Hold - Greeting
While doing the fist & palm greeting. A strike to the head will leave the opponent stagggered.
giphy.gif

Ground attack - Diving headbutt (Fun Fact: Dural used this move in Virtua Fighter 2)
giphy.gif

Wall jump attack - Headbutt
giphy.gif

6f1c04b50d782e5e70c7bafeff4bed4f.jpg

n_11kungfu.jpg

Dominique-Saatenang-423x256.jpg

7.1-blog-post.jpg

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

Now that Diego and NiCO have been released, I skimmed a few of my newcomer tropes.

My Korean MILF
JI YEON - THE MOTHER OF JUSTICE
An independent contractor for the NIS, Ji Yeon heard rumors about a bioweapon sold to her own organization. As she investigates on the genesis of MIST, she meets the man who sniped the creator of the Dead or Alive World Combat Championship...

FIGHTING STYLE - KRAV MAGA
Emphasizing on a agressive philosophy, Ji Yeon brushes up on her ability to use simultaneous defensive & offensive maneuvers. Despite her limited grabs, this fighting system developed by the Israeli military allows her to counter-strike neutral throws.

PERSONAL DATA
Blood Type : B
Height/Weight : 179cm/59kg
Favorite food or drink : Omija-hwachae
Hobby : Pottery, knitting for her baby

Ji Yeon.jpg

My exotic dancer
SULTANA - THE DHARMA FELINE
Despite her royal blood, Sultana was abandonned at an early age by her family who saw her as a shapeshifting monster. On her 20th birthday, as she looks for gems in the ruins of an old pirate ship, Phase 4 comes out. Finally a human to relate to!

FIGHTING STYLE - DHARMA BALLET
A graceful and technical choregraphy where each of her 8 stances have a purpose and flowy transitions, as it is based on the key concept of Dharma's 'right way of living'. When she uses her Break Blow, she can transform into a majestic silver tiger.

PERSONAL DATA
Blood Type : A
Height/Weight : 165cm/51kg
Favorite food or drink : Nutmeg rice
Hobby : Gemmology, sand sliding

sword_dancer_by_nawol_d63wzlc-pre.jpg

Last edited:

Derock

What if DOA had an African Shaolin monk.
f04da2db1122101d77a12c.jpg

Name: Dembe
Nationality: Ugandan or Malawi
Height: 5,8
Rivals: Eliot, Brad Wong, Helena, Kokoro, Ayane, Kasumi, Hayate, Hitomi, Rig, Lei-Fang, Jann-Lee
Fighting Style: Shaolin Kung-Fu
Hobbies: Traveling, Meditating, Praying, Training, Resting
Personality: A strong, calm, curious, and free spirited young man. Benevolent and laid-back, also very sociable, and culture-adaptive, always eager to learn more about the world (which is why he travels a lot). One of the more generous fighters. Openly friendly towards most fighters. He is more than happy accept a challenge from anyone (regardless of age or gender). He is never arrogant and always takes his opponents serious. When he loses a fight, he praises his opponent and goes back into praying.

His fighting is both defensive and offensive (like a mix between Lei-Fang, Helena, Gen Fu, Eliot, and Virtua Fighter's Lei Fei).
He has multiple stances (6 or 7, I believe) that can change to another when doing a certain move. Yep. Tons of mix-ups.
He has a unique counter hold and ground attack which involves using his hard head.

The headstand can be an Intro or a Winpose.

Unique Taunt High Punch (or High Kick) Counter Hold - Greeting
While doing the fist & palm greeting. A strike to the head will leave the opponent stagggered.
giphy.gif

Ground attack - Diving headbutt (Fun Fact: Dural used this move in Virtua Fighter 2)
giphy.gif

Wall jump attack - Headbutt
giphy.gif

6f1c04b50d782e5e70c7bafeff4bed4f.jpg

n_11kungfu.jpg

Dominique-Saatenang-423x256.jpg

7.1-blog-post.jpg

Best idea ever! But he needs some other outfits, not just the stereotypical ones.

KwonJigglypuff

Decided to go with two other male characters.

My cocky twins
KURA & NURI - THE GEMINI CROOKS
Neither airways nor waterways stop Kura and Nuri... not even morality. This cheeky duo has always dreamed of the treasures beyond the waves and wind. G'day Freedom Survivor, yo-ho-ho! Hmm, have anyone ever seen them together in the same room?

FIGHTING STYLE - KINO MUTAI
Using this sub-section of some Filipino martial arts, Kura and Nuri favor biting, pinching, eye-gouging and other "dirty" fighting techniques such a crotch stuns. They excel in their extensive use of weak throws manipulating nerve and pressure points.

PERSONAL DATA
Blood Type : AB
Height/Weight : 171cm/51kg (both)
Favorite food or drink : Satay noodles (Kura), Sambal noodles (Nuri)
Hobby : Karaoke (Kura), mechanics (Nuri)

C - Kura & Nuri.png

My manly dandy
ALEX - THE SELF-PROCLAIMED NINJA
The jlunggul, the beast of Gévaudan, unicorns: Alex have seen many creatures in the world, but a new adventure awaits this sophisticated trophy hunter. Who can resist his deadly elegance? A cloned dinosaur? A kraken? A female tengu, maybe?

FIGHTING STYLE - PARKOUR
As a slow cruiserweight trained "traceur" and self-taught gymnast, Alex makes full use of his environment: walls, ceiling, obstacles and even opponents. His vaults are incomparable and the precision of his feats could even challenge the superior shinobis.

PERSONAL DATA
Blood Type : O
Height/Weight : 183cm/94kg
Favorite food or drink : Lobster omelette
Hobby : Insect collecting, floral arrangement

D - Alex.jpg

Kuga

Not trying to be an ass here but for the sake of peoples sanity i hope 90% of these designs never reach TN. Theyre more suited for crazy anime 2d fighter.

But there are some nice ideas here. Shaolin monk being one of them. Id love to see TN challenge Segas Lei Fei.

Ninoasker

Decided to go with two other male characters.

My cocky twins
KURA & NURI - THE GEMINI CROOKS
Neither airways nor waterways stop Kura and Nuri... not even morality. This cheeky duo has always dreamed of the treasures beyond the waves and wind. G'day Freedom Survivor, yo-ho-ho! Hmm, have anyone ever seen them together in the same room?

FIGHTING STYLE - KINO MUTAI
Using this sub-section of some Filipino martial arts, Kura and Nuri favor biting, pinching, eye-gouging and other "dirty" fighting techniques such a crotch stuns. They excel in their extensive use of weak throws manipulating nerve and pressure points.

PERSONAL DATA
Blood Type : AB
Height/Weight : 171cm/51kg (both)
Favorite food or drink : Satay noodles (Kura), Sambal noodles (Nuri)
Hobby : Karaoke (Kura), mechanics (Nuri)

View attachment 28054

My manly dandy
ALEX - THE SELF-PROCLAIMED NINJA
The jlunggul, the beast of Gévaudan, unicorns: Alex have seen many creatures in the world, but a new adventure awaits this sophisticated trophy hunter. Who can resist his deadly elegance? A cloned dinosaur? A kraken? A female tengu, maybe?

FIGHTING STYLE - PARKOUR
As a slow cruiserweight trained "traceur" and self-taught gymnast, Alex makes full use of his environment: walls, ceiling, obstacles and even opponents. His vaults are incomparable and the precision of his feats could even challenge the superior shinobis.

PERSONAL DATA
Blood Type : O
Height/Weight : 183cm/94kg
Favorite food or drink : Lobster omelette
Hobby : Insect collecting, floral arrangement

View attachment 28055
OMG THAT DANDY! Love that idea lol (especially cuz you picked a pic of Soriz to represent him :p)

KwonJigglypuff

Not trying to be an ass here but for the sake of peoples sanity i hope 90% of these designs never reach TN. Theyre more suited for crazy anime 2d fighter.

But there are some nice ideas here. Shaolin monk being one of them. Id love to see TN challenge Segas Lei Fei.

I tried to come up with both "cool" (Ji Yeon, Alex) and "anime" (Kura/Nuri, Sultana) concepts to suit DOA's identity and players' expectations, which is to have half-realistic / half-fantasy designs, stories and gameplays.
I don't know if you referred to me specifically, but I wanted to make it sure.

Kuga

No, i was refering to this topic as a whole. You see, DoA seems to have a identity crisis. In 5 they gave characters more realistic design and later they attacked US with most loli anime characters immaginable. Im not sure which path this series is going to take but i would like the one vanilla DoA5 introduced.

Its just my opinion tho.

KwonJigglypuff

No, i was refering to this topic as a whole. You see, DoA seems to have a identity crisis. In 5 they gave characters more realistic design and later they attacked US with most loli anime characters immaginable. Im not sure which path this series is going to take but i would like the one vanilla DoA5 introduced.

Its just my opinion tho.

I respect it. I like having both. DOA has always been this way, but the anime design/doll face kinda made it more obvious it was "anime".
I agree I'd rather have a realistic female for a change!

Leclair

73580568-E0AC-4498-80E9-11C029D63259.jpeg

Name: Bruno L Martins
Nationality: Brazilian-Australian
Height: 176
Weight: 70kg
Appearance: toned, dark brow hair, grey eyes,sun kissed
Personality: reserved, chill, shy

Favorite Color: washed linen, lime green, ocean blue
Favorite Food/Drink: fanta, noodles, seafood. onions
Hobbies: surfing, hiking, traveling, sleeping, dancing

Fighting Style: capoeira, acrobatic
Allies: Diego, Hitomi, Lisa,
Tag Partners: Diego

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I didn't know if this thread was still active but @axouel2009 was nice enough to work with me and I commisioned him to bring my idea of a set of fraternal twins in DOA to life ^.^

1563386558-1562759862-mason-madieillus.jpg

PicsArt_12-30-11.10.45.jpg

1563386579-1562759862-mason-madie8.jpg

1563386620-1562759862-madie.jpg

1563386620-1562759862-manson.jpg
MADIE.jpg

These are their alternate hairstyles
1563547231-mason-madiehair2.jpg
They're a set of Korean Norwegian-American twins(Their mother is korean which explains their eye shape and skin tone, and why Mason has pink tips at the ends of his hair since his mother's natural hair is dark brown with pink ombre type ends) and they get their platinum blonde hair from their father. They have heterochromia since their father has natural green eyes and their mother has natural blue eyes.

The female twin is Sadie and she's 10 minutes younger than her brother. The male twin is Mason. As far as body goes, Sadie is somewhat busty but not too busty, her focus is mainly her shapely legs and rear and her slender figure and her curves. Mason is short in stature in comparison to say Eliot but he's well built and somewhat curvaceous as far as butt goes. Sadie dresses alot more elaborate and complex than Mason and she wears alot more dramatic and lolita type outfits. She also wears an eyepatch due to a slight insecurity regarding her heterochromia. She is the epitome of a dark nihilist with lack of care and general sadism towards others besides her few friends, her brother and her adoptive parents. She's also a very good renowned poet and is amongst the top students alongside her brother at her school. She tends to not show much emotion and prefers to keep to herself as to not come off as abrasive to her peers although she's quite popular with the boys at her school.

Mason is the opposite, as he dresses in relatively revealing but very stylish and flashy costumes and likes Kpop fashions as well as urban and custom made things. He wears an earring and in his default costume he also wears a jockstrap but it can only be seen if he suffers a break blow(You can choose what color jockstrap he wears at the character select). He's somewhat less mature than his sister and is somewhat of a masochist, but is very outgoing and sweet and due to a turn of events from childhood and the increase of Kpop popularity with platinum blonde hair and more flashy fashion, he's generally well liked and has a wide variety of friends and is the star runner on his schools abroad track team. He doesn't make it blatantly obvious but he's also bisexual as well although he primarily prefers women, and he finds positivity and beauty in anything. Their school uniforms are also both colored to match the Korean flag(although Mason is a bit more closer to it). Sadie is also alot more experienced in combat since she's partook in numerous tourneys throughout highschool. Mason is less experienced but alot more enthusiastic about fighting and even has a cell phone he likes to use to take pics of him and his opponent whenever he can for his favorite social apps "Picsaframe" and "Chirper".

These are their bios:

Sadie

Martial art: Taekkyeon with dance and regal influences

Place of birth: North Korea

Nationality: Korean and Norwegian American

Date of Birth: April 7th

Blood Type: O+

Personal Alignment: Neutral/Good

Species: human

Height: 5"3

Weight: 115 lbs.

Measurements: N/A(Feels measurements are useless although she's about 82-83 cm in bust size)

Eye color: Lime green(left) and diamond blue(right)

Hair color: platinum blonde with dyed pink ends

Hair style: Bottom length hime cut

Occupation: Private High School Student, renowned poet, studies abroad

Hobbies: Dark poetry, meditation, art, nihilism, singing, Lolita fashion(primarily Gothic, Kuro, and Wa Lolita)

Favorite foods: Korean Mandu, Tteok, various teas

Favorite color: Black, pastel purple

Relatives: Mason(Fraternal twin brother), unknown parents

Friends/Likes: Unknown

Rivals/Dislikes: Honoka, Ayane, Kasumi, Kokoro

Mason

Martial art: Subak with dance and regal influences

Place of birth: North Korea

Nationality: Korean and Norwegian American

Date of Birth: April 7th

Blood Type: AB+

Personal Alignment: Good

Species: human

Height: 5"4

Weight: 155 lbs.

Measurements: N/A(Never measured himself although his peers says he's well built for his age)

Eye color: Lime green(left) and diamond blue(right)

Hair color: platinum blonde with natural pink ends

Hair style: Messy unkempt short with shaggy fringe

Occupation: Private High School Student, track star, studies abroad

Hobbies: Shopping, online gaming, track, fitness, social media

Favorite foods: Hoeddeok, fast food, Ddukbokki

Favorite color: Pastel blue, Pink

Relatives: Sadie(Fraternal twin sister), unknown parents

Friends/Likes: Eliot(Met before in his travels), Honoka(Friends via "Picsaframe", have met up before),Marie Rose(Met through Honoka), Tina(Fan of her wrestling)

Rivals/Dislikes: Nico, Nyotengu, Bass

These are their separate stats(out of 6):

Sadie:

Blow: 6/6
Throw: 2/6
Hold: 3/6
Power: 3/6
Speed: 6/6
Weight: 2/6

Mason:

Blow: 4/6
Throw: 3/6
Hold: 4/6
Power: 3/6
Speed: 6/6
Weight: 2/6​

I would prefer for them to be as a tag unit single character type set up like how SFxT and Noob and Smoke used to operate in MK Deception so their meter gain and how they're played depends on who you have tagged in, although I could rework their styles if only one was made or if they both were made as separate characters. They can both have separate outfits when being selected although to make it quicker you can set presets so you can make your fave combinations.

Their fighting styles are generally similar but they both use different variations. Sadie uses dance mixed with Taekkyeon which as quoted from Wikipedia "primarily utilizes kicking, punching, and arm strikes thrown from a mobile stance and does not provide a framework for groundfighting, it does incorporate a variety of different throws, takedowns, and grappling techniques to complement its striking focus." with her style when she's tagged in, she focuses on striking and constant pressure on guard and she has access to a wavedash stance and attacks she can use to bypass defenses. But due to how she gains meter, she must be played aggressively. Has basic throws and good throws and decent range, but lacks the safety besides her high guard pressure and string versatility her brother has, think of her as a Phase 4/Anna Williams type of character.

Mason uses Subak and elements of Sibak which as quoted from wiki "Sibak hits with any body part. Subak uses frontal slap, side slap, punches, Knife Hand strikes with fist and grab moving front and back, hand and fingers bending (Namseon Choi's description).[42] Also, Taekkyeon has kicks, which would be a main distinction between Subak & Sibak, which is why the older people differentiated Sibak from Subak. Also, Chaeho Shin testified that only Songdo (North Korea) had Subak 100 years ago. [43] Chaeho Shin also described that Subak became Gwonbeop in China, Judo in Japan.[44]Subak has relation to both wrestling & also striking martial art. Sibak (this is also a Taekkyeon) is a new version of Subak which includes kicking, headbutt, punches, etc." His style is like his sister but with far less emphasis on pressure and more on safety with versatility and options. He has a jumping stance that can be used in juggles too and his style is decent in damage and range although his throws are pretty meh. He has decent holds and has access to a headbutt expert hold and he has some ways to apply pressure although they're usually predictable. He's not at all a character designed to be played aggressively, he's alot more of a "turn based" type poker character who focuses on conditioning and trolling his opponent to get what he wants.

As far as how their meter gain goes, Sadie gains significant meter from constant pressure and offense but the catch is she gains little to no meter at all unless she suffers a high counter or damage from danger zones. As said before she lacks her brother's versatility so several of her strings lack enders that her brother has, but she has access to their strongest bound move. She also has access to a special moth butterfly breath attack that's grants her a blind stun and pressure on block if it hits but it's a high. She also has a variation of this as her 12i punish throw for launch combo set ups.

Mason is a masochist so he gains a significant amount of meter from defending and getting hit or juggled, and he'll gain a somewhat good amount if he suffers a high counter. The disadvantage is that he does not gain much meter from offense, with very little if any gain unless he uses his fatal rush which in itself is pretty predictable. He doesn't have his sister's wavedash when tagged in or her guard pressure but he compensates with his safety, wall carry, and string options since he has access to string enders his sister can't use. He also has access to their strongest bound ender which can be charged to do great damage but only after specific set ups. He also has access to an expert hold that costs his health as well(the amount varies depending on how well timed the hold was) but grants him a combo guarantee and boosts his meter up too since he takes damage.

They use tag mechanics like in DOA5 to function as a solo character unit sharing a health bar and they can tag in at will(although with some delay so it's not instant unless they're juggling) and they also can switch out after certain attacks and throws. They're both designed to be glass cannons but they're very simple to pick up and have alot of quirky combo potential. It's also possible to play without having to switch between the two at all or very little if you favor one, but alot of their best combos will require you to switch them out to make the most of them since although Mason has good wall carry, he lacks his sister's best bound attack and some of the potential enders that take advantage of the environment. They both share one health bar so once one loses, there's no run ins.

These are a few more of their concepts, once again thank you @axouel2009 since you did a SUPER good job capturing how I wanted them to look and helping refine and adjust certain things to make them look better. :-D

1563386552-1563189899-mason-madie-damaged.jpg

1563386555-1563189887-mason-madiebackd.jpg

These are their underwear choices:
1563386550-1563276565-mason-madieunder.jpg

And these are the secondary costumes(not counting recolors. These are more based on what they would wear at school during school activities such as track and reading poetry
1563386551-1563190147-mason-madie-02-04.jpg

1563386555-1563276645-mason-madiebackd2.jpg

These are their other costumes. This one was made fully by Axouel with how he interprets their fighting styles and personas :-D
1566903407-mason-madie-04-02.jpg

This is their alternate casual, this one Axouel helped spruce up concept wise so it was more kpopish and tying to their personalities!
1563879657-mason-madie-03-04.jpg

1563881114-mason-madiebackd3.jpg

Last edited:

Shining_Wave

Why not? Team Ninja needs ideas apparently ha ha

LEONA.jpg

Name: Leona
Nationality: Italian
Occupation: searching the globe for her brother, Leon, who mysteriously disappeared after the DOA5 tournament. "...Where can he be...?"
Birthday: June 6, age 30
Height/weight: 6'00", 190
Blood type: O
Rival: Rachel
Interests: Being the world's strongest woman, Rachel

KnacKrover

Why not? Team Ninja needs ideas apparently ha ha

View attachment 29051

Name: Leona
Nationality: Italian
Occupation: searching the globe for her brother, Leon, who mysteriously disappeared after the DOA5 tournament. "...Where can he be...?"
Birthday: June 6, age 30
Height/weight: 6'00", 190
Blood type: O
Rival: Rachel
Interests: Being the world's strongest woman, Rachel
Watch out! We got the bad bitch tomboyish over there!! jk at first she kinda like half sibling due to her blood type ( :leon: his is B) also her quotes would be some Italian phrases (I'm not fluent with Italian tho.)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD