Design new characters for DOA6

KwonJigglypuff

Here are some newcomers I imagined for DOA6.
Here are the leading gaming countries by gaming revenue.

1458522253-1458342851-yunjin-kim-mistresses.jpg

JI YEON (The Soldier of Justice)
South Korea / 29 years old / Krav Maga

A valiant special agent hired by the KCIA to track down MIST. Through the story, she and Bayman team up to infiltrate Donovan's headquarters.
Individuality : holds/throws similar to Pai, capacity to break neutral throws with a kick in the crotch
Tag : Rig (foe), Bayman (ally), Sid (same philosophy)
Hobby : pottery
Inspirations : Yunjin Kim, Vanessa Lewis, Cammy White
Victory quote : "Victory will bring us justice!"

SID (The Philantropic Beefcake)
India / 31 years old / Parkour or Kalaripayattu

A humble handsome pacifist who needs money to run his own orphenage for drifting youngsters. He meets Anastacio and adopts the young boy.
Individuality : heavy acrobat, scissors throws/holds, great use of the environment and walls
Tag : Brad (friend), Anastacio (soon-to-be foster son), Ji Yeon (same philosophy)
Hobby : koodiyattam
Inspirations : Vidyut Jamwal, Miguel Rojo, Dhalsim
Victory quote : "Don't get too cocky."

JON (The Ambitious Lackey)
The Netherlands / 23 years old / Judo

A bombastic aristocrat approaching MIST labs, as he is looking for a way to become immortal. He eventually decides to become Christie's minion.
Individuality : slim grappler, long range throws, tsukamis, pedantic taunts
Tag : Marie-Rose (corruption), Christie (minion), Helena (fashion rival)
Hobby : perfumery
Inspirations : Lee Chaolan, Vega, Ghirahim
Victory quote : "Haha. This fight wasn't such a big deal!"

SULTANA (The Introverted Dancer)
Saudi Arabia / 19 years old / Dharma Ballet*

A shy princess trying to prove her value to the world with her dancing choregraphies. She meets Kokoro who she quickly befriends and admires.
Individuality : 8 stances, lot of dancing, flowyness and flexibility
Tag : Nyotengu (afraid of), Kokoro (friend), Leon (challenger)
Note : Tattoo on the thight
Hobby : collecting gemstones
Inspirations : Zafina, Olivia, Fi
Victory quote : "The wheel of fortune turns round incessantly..."

ANASTACIO (The Cheeky Orphan)
Brazil / 18 years old / Modified Genra Tiger Fist

After getting trapped with his cat inside a machine in MIST South America, he got transformed. He meets 'sweet Honoka' during the tournament.
Individuality : fireball projectiles, cat-like moves, crawling moves
Tag : Honoka (flirt), Sid (soon-to-be tutor), Eliot (bully)
Hobby : playing with his cat
Inspirations : Eileen, Xiba, Gaius
Victory quote : "Hey, what did I win ?"

*Dharma Ballet : it's a fictive fighting style that would require Sultana to use each stance for a particular reason or strategy, depending if you're looking for crawling, launching, spacing, stunning, jumping, spinning, etc. I got the idea from Lei-Fei (Virtua Fighter) but I imagine it more exotic and supple. Stances and animations take inspiration from real life animals, ballet, contemporary dance and contortionist dances.
1459491754-ballet.png

- Diṭṭhi ("right view") - 2P+K : low evasion
- Saṅkappa ("right intention") - 3P+K : launchers
- Vācā ("right speech") - 6P+K : forwards
- Kammanta ("right action") - 9P+K : stuns
- Ajiva ("right livelihood") - 8P+K : high evasion
- Vāyāma ("right effort") - 7P+K : high strings
- Sati ("right mindfulness") - 4P+K : mid strings
- Samādhi ("right concentration") - 1P+K : low strings

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

Here is another set of newcomers.
These are just ideas of course.

1458639473-1458596438-1458434685-cd0r8f-w8aaujgaddddd.jpg

NURI (The Wily Treasure Hunter)
Indonesia / 22 years old / Monkey Kung Fu

A ressourceful and venal "pirate" who grew up on her island. She hears from Zack about a fabulous treasure hidden inside MIST South America.
Individuality : hit-or-miss situations, unsafe moves, great stuns
Tag : Zack (partner in crime), Nico (attraction), Alexis (rival)
Note : Tattoo on the shoulder
Hobby : rock-climbing
Inspirations : Olivia Pescado
Victory quote : "You're my treasure now.."

ALEXIS (The Adventurous Scrapper)
Australia / 29 years old / Boxing

A cocky lover-boy hunter who learns that a winged demon took part in the 6th DOA tournament. There, he actually interferes in Nuri's projects.
Individuality : very few kicks, sway mechanic
Tag : Nyotengu (prey), Nuri (rival), Rachel (flirt)
Hobby : rugby
Inspirations : Snow Villiers
Victory quote : "Don't get too mad!"

ISABELLA (The Malevolent Couguar)
Mexico / 42 years old / Kino Mutai

An opportunist ex-mistress of Fame Douglas, now Donovan's girlfriend. Capricious, she's jealous of Miyako and tries to get rid of her daughter.
Individuality : unconventional moves, eye-gouging, biting, slaps
Tag : Rig (son-in-law), Christie (rival), Ein (flirt)
Hobby : safaris
Inspirations : Excella Gionne
Victory quote : "More... I need more.."

BARAN (The Ambiguous Geek)

Poland / 20 years old / Sumo

A secret and smart genius who speaks very fast. Baran meets Phase-4 by accident, and decides to help her, out of fascination and empathy.
Individuality : lots of charging moves and horn attacks, some animation locks (auto-stuns)
Tag : Phase 4 (friend), Nico (rival), Mila (ambiguous)
Hobby : fantasy novels
Inspirations : Kenji (DOA1 prototype)
Victory quote : "Seems like the odds were not in your favour."

NICO (The Tactician Ninja)

Belgium / 35 years old / Wing Chun or Shaolin Kung Fu

An wise and cunning friend of Ryu Hayabusa. Both try to take down DOATEC Japan and decide to keep an eye on Miyako's daughter, Kokoro.
Individuality : rigid stance, pressure points, Akira-like stuns, low sabaki that rejects the ennemy's lows by launching them
Tag : Ryu (ally), Kokoro (rival), Momiji (ally)
Hobby : drawing
Inspirations : Axouel (DOA fan)
Victory quote : "You had no other choice but to lose."

It's actually quite hard to think Team Ninja would keep 30+ characters in the next DOA game, but still, I would like them to try. However, adding 10 new individualities and unique movesets is quite hard. I hope you enjoyed my propositions.

Last edited:

vinaro

1458342851-yunjin-kim-mistresses.jpg

Turquoise (The Introverted Dancer)
A shy princess trying to escape her heritage to prove her value to the world. She meets Kokoro who she quickly befriends and admires.
Saudi Arabia / 19 years old / Dharma Ballet*
> 8 stances, lot of dancing, flowyness and flexibility
Tag : Nyotengu (afraid of), Kokoro (friend), Leon (challenger)
Inspirations : Zafina, Viola, Olivia

I love the idea but I think you should give her an Arabic name instead! Something like Hind or Raghd would be nice!

KwonJigglypuff

I'm gonna call her "Sultana", like in Jean Sasson's book, chronicles of the life of Sultana, a purported Saudi princess. It's quite a basic name for I find it pretty. Sounds okay?

If you have more feekback don't hesitate.

Added tattoos for Sultana and Nuri.

@Project Bokuho No I don't think so. Was she ? I know Anne was supposedly killed by Helena in DOA4 ending, but I'm not sure about Isabella.

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I'm gonna call her "Sultana", like in Jean Sasson's book, chronicles of the life of Sultana, a purported Saudi princess. It's quite a basic name for I find it pretty. Sounds okay?

@Project Bokuho No I don't think so. Was she ? I know Anne was supposedly killed by Helena in DOA4 ending, but I'm not sure about Isabella.
Nevermind what I said earlier. Her current status is "unknown" haha

KwonJigglypuff

So guys, I have a few questions :

- What kind of newcomers would you like to see ? (new fighting style, new type of trope, etc.)
- What details from my newcomers would you improve or remove ?

Also, added a "hobby" section for all my ten concepts. :)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'd like to see a blind Korean Akido fighter w/ Tae Kwon Do, and he could wear the traditional garb and oriental Korean attire. As for appearance, he could have a scar or two, a clean shaven buzz cut with a little hair left on too, pale blue eyes since he's blind, and he could wear Yakuza eye patches and blindfolds as accessories.

vinaro

I like the name and I did hear it a lot in here! Good choice!
Adding tattoos to Sultana won't be realistic becuase people in Saudi Arabia don't get tattoos, especially girls.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I'd like to see a blind Korean Akido fighter w/ Tae Kwon Do, and he could wear the traditional garb and oriental Korean attire. As for appearance, he could have a scar or two, a clean shaven buzz cut with a little hair left on too, pale blue eyes since he's blind, and he could wear Yakuza eye patches and blindfolds as accessories.
If DOA got an Aikido user I'd rather it be a female with a kansai accent and maybe a tomboy ;)

KwonJigglypuff

I like the name and I did hear it a lot in here! Good choice!
Adding tattoos to Sultana won't be realistic becuase people in Saudi Arabia don't get tattoos, especially girls.

I know but it looked nice. :(

Actually I have a question about that. Would it be a problem to have Saudi Arabian female in DOA, wearing bikinis and have jiggling boobs and all ? I was thinking about giving her an "unknown" nationality, that's probably what game developpers would do to avoid controversies (like Zafina who got changed from "Egyptian" to "Indian" and then back to "Egyptian", and who saw her skirt replaced by trousers).

Last edited:

DedUp

Someone else I came up with.

Name:
John Rathe
Sex: Male
Nationality: American
Fighting Style: Brawling / Dirty Boxing (Uses a boxing clinch to deliver rabbit punches, knees to the body, or a head butt)
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 185 lbs
Hair: Crew cut. Mostly grey with a little black. Heavy 5 o'clock shadow on face.
Eyes: Blue. Lost his right eye in a bar room brawl and wears an eye patch over the socket.
Personality: Cynical, uncouth and sometimes mean spirited. A bit of a chauvinist but will have no problems fighting a woman if she decides to step up. Enjoys insulting others, drinking, and fighting. All of these things usually put a smile on his face. Voice is rough and abrasive.
Appearance: Stocky. A good amount of body hair. Is muscular but has little definition. Wears things like loose fitting jeans, bomber jackets, military boots, steel-toed work boots. t-shirts, muscle shirts, or no shirt. Will usually walk into a fight smoking a cigar which he will toss/flick at his opponent before the match. A life of hard living makes his face look older than he really is. His body has fair number of scars from the various fights he's had. On his left upper arm is a tattoo of a half skull, with a snake slithering out of an eye socket and the skull pierced through the top with a dagger.

John Rathe was always a trouble maker ever since he was a child. His parents sent him to military school when he was in his teens hoping he would straighten out and learn some discipline. While he still got into fights he did eventually graduate and transitioned into the army. John spent seven colourful years in the army where he was deployed to various war zones. Despite being a decent soldier on the battlefield his various acts of insubordination, insulting locals with his behaviour, instigating bar room brawls, and more, meant he spent just as much time sitting in the brig as he did fighting the enemy. John's military career finally ended when he was dishonourably discharged for punching a superior officer, who was dressing him down for his latest misconduct, in the face knocking out his front teeth.

Back in the US he wandered from town to town taking small jobs like bouncer at a bar or security at some small town event as well as fighting in some small time illegal fighting competitions. He would usually out stay his welcome in each town after getting drunk and starting fights too many times at the local bars, after which he would wander off to the next town where the cycle would continue.

In the latest town, John gets into a fight with a young fighter who's bragging in the bar what bad ass fighter he is. After soundly beating the young man unconscious, John rifles through his pockets looking for cigarettes and finds an invitations to the next DOA tournament. "Hell if these are the kind of chumps they're inviting, it should be an easy payday for me if I join." With invitation in hand, John sets off to register for the DOA tournament.

Tag Intro: If tagged with Brad Wong, Brad will walk onto the scene saying "I can't guarantee you won't get hurt." Then John walks up behind him saying "Yeah. What the princess here said!" and then takes swing from Brad's drinking gourd. Brad looks over to see this and says "Hey!", snatches the gourd and turns it over to find it empty, looks back at John who shrugs his shoulders then takes a fighting stance. After giving John an angry/frustrated look, Brad also takes a fighting stance and the match begins.

Tag Victory: Tagged with Brad Wong. John lights up a cigar and says "No hard feelings pal." Then Brad leaps into the frame, kicking John's cigar out of his mouth and leaving John with a bewildered look on his face before landing in a crouch in front of him saying with a smirk "Yeah! What the dumb ox here said.", while John looks down at Brad, growling in frustration.

KwonJigglypuff

Added victory quotes for my 10 newcomers. Tell me if the grammar sucks or if it's too cheesy haha.

@DedUp We definitely need a boxer and I like the background of your character.

KwonJigglypuff

I just sent the final PDF to Team Ninja, a document gathering popular and personal ideas for newcomers. I hope they will read it!
Take a look if you're interested and don't hesitate to give me your opinion! :)

Attachments

• Newcomers Ideas for DOA_Kwon_April2016.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 649
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD