"Did you enjoy my full course of technique" - Leifang General Strategy Thread

Some :6::4::P: fun.

So I know in the video thread I said that Lei has a hard time getting long combos because of her lack of guaranteed options.

Well, I've been messing around a little, and with some inspiration from this video, Leifang really does have some pretty nice, 1 guess set-ups to CB using her 64P.

Its just that unlike chars like Kokoro or Genfu 1 guess set-ups where the early sit-down stun is the only chance to guess right, Lei's stun set-ups are entirely guaranteed. Its the CB itself that is the guess.

For example after her Unshu F+P, you can do 64P, 3P which is completely unholdable or slow-escapeable, and now your opponent is already at the critical threshold and in a deeeep stun. Now is where the mind games come in. You can go straight into CB which is inescapable even on fastest, but can be held. Or you can go do 8K or 66K to keep them honest about holding mid-punch, and the launch height is still pretty high, so you don't trade off that much damage. And to keep it safe, just go for 214F+P. Chances are, your opponent will try to hold something because the stun is so deep. Basically, you get a free critical stun that other chars might take 2-3 hits to get to, so use it to full advantage and start mind-raping.

Also, a new :6::h: combo I've been using.

After the 6H, you can do 64P, 3P, 2P+K, (F) 236P CB. Its unholdable, but can be staggered on fast. Still a really good combo that uses both her feint and sit-down stuns, and will make you opponent think twice about using mid kicks if they are bad at slow escaping.

O yea, Lei is an absolute beast with her back to the wall.

Yes she is indeed,and i tested this combo out and i love it,thank you very much for your contribution!

Shiro madoushi

Also. After the a mid kick hold or advanced mid kick hold, the opponent is in back turn immediately do this combo.... 3p>236p>3p>8k>9kk>pp6pp. All of this is guarenteed. I am pretty sure that this is not out there. So unless someone proves otherwise, I am owning it and calling it "the shiro" alla "the sako combo with cammy"

TRI Mike

Those were pretty cool matches. I learned a lot for Fang and Lee but the Fang player wasn't using her expert holds and parries )=

phoenix1985gr

Except some good combos (especially the one from 4F+P on the wall) i thought that the lei fang player was not that good... So many random holds... Of course the jahn lee player wasnt any better since he didnt throw punish anything...

Batcommander

I've seen several of these ranked Japanese matches, and besides the zero throw punishing, there is virtually no sidestepping either. :confused:

H o M i K a

Some :6::4::P: fun.

So I know in the video thread I said that Lei has a hard time getting long combos because of her lack of guaranteed options.

Well, I've been messing around a little, and with some inspiration from this video, Leifang really does have some pretty nice, 1 guess set-ups to CB using her 64P.

Its just that unlike chars like Kokoro or Genfu 1 guess set-ups where the early sit-down stun is the only chance to guess right, Lei's stun set-ups are entirely guaranteed. Its the CB itself that is the guess.

For example after her Unshu F+P, you can do 64P, 3P which is completely unholdable or slow-escapeable, and now your opponent is already at the critical threshold and in a deeeep stun. Now is where the mind games come in. You can go straight into CB which is inescapable even on fastest, but can be held. Or you can go do 8K or 66K to keep them honest about holding mid-punch, and the launch height is still pretty high, so you don't trade off that much damage. And to keep it safe, just go for 214F+P. Chances are, your opponent will try to hold something because the stun is so deep. Basically, you get a free critical stun that other chars might take 2-3 hits to get to, so use it to full advantage and start mind-raping.

Also, a new :6::h: combo I've been using.

After the 6H, you can do 64P, 3P, 2P+K, (F) 236P CB. Its unholdable, but can be staggered on fast. Still a really good combo that uses both her feint and sit-down stuns, and will make you opponent think twice about using mid kicks if they are bad at slow escaping.

O yea, Lei is an absolute beast with her back to the wall.

that by far the best leifang I seen, he actually use her to the fullest! O.O

H o M i K a

beside that, does anyone know how many frame advantage her :3::P::4::P: had on hit? since it cause a sit-down stun, but sometime it can be counter the following mix-up :/

Lobo

that by far the best leifang I seen, he actually use her to the fullest! O.O
Offense-wise, he did have some nice combos, especially from her wall throw. Defensive-wise, as most of the others pointed out, he was pretty meh.

Defensive is supposed to be Lei's strength, and the only thing I saw him do was spam low counters. He rarely used her parries or advanced counters, and he never once sidestepped.

Still, I posted it do give Lei players more ideas when it came to combos.

About her 3P4P, im not sure about the exact numbers, but I know the sit-down stun does not guarantee a counter blow. You can go into training mode to see for yourself, just put the computer to faster stagger, and you can see what you can get after it.

NightAntilli

The sitdown stun can be slow escaped, and at its fastest you're left at +14, which is not enough to land anything significant.

phoenix1985gr

On fast you get the p+k launch though so thats something... But yeah cb and other launchers probably wont land if you fight against someone who slow escapes good enough

H o M i K a

eh....so I guess there no easy way to connect her critical bust :(
I test her combo recently, and it seem like if you do :3::P::4: :P: after her Unshu throw, the stun will reach the maximum threshold, i thought the critical burst will be unevitable since it put them in a sit-down stun. I will be the easy way to connect he power blow combo. I try it on a match online today but t seem like the the player have time to recover and counter the critical bust before it land :s I dont now if he solw escape or because of the lag

she has 0 ways to get her critical burst guaranteed,shes got some good one guess setups and a few ways to get her burst in 3 hits,but none of them guaranteed.

Lobo

She can reach threshold in 1 hit, because the CB isn't guaranteed, but everything else is.

Instead of :3::P::4::P: after unshu throw, try :6::4::P: > :3::P:

Neither of these moves are counterable or escapeable, so basically you got them at threshold for free. So now you can play with them and go straight for the CB. (I found that even though it can be countered, it will still hit a lot of inexperienced players, because they will be mashing some hold after the feint stun)

If that starts getting countered, you can go for :8::K: or :6::6::K:, or just throw them.

So yea, she has no way to guarantee a CB, but the set-ups she has to them are pretty nasty.

H o M i K a

I found out most player will generally hold the mid punch counter after the sit-down stun because
clear.png
:3::P::4::P: follow up is a mid punch plus they cant afford to eat the critical bust consider how many damage she does in one juggle

Lobo

Honestly, I don't think :3::4::P: is all that good. Especially if you're looking for guaranteed options. :6::4::P: is sooo much better for that.

Just try using it your game more. You'll see Lei instantly gets a lot better.

phoenix1985gr

After the sitdown stun most good players will try to slow escape... If they dont slow escape you dont worry about anything and the cb will still connect, that said its better to try the launch with p+k (only slow escaped on fastest and still not blockable but the treshold resets so you just stun them) or if you re not at max treshold just extend the sun with a faster attack... I guess you could try her 236 oh since it has about the same frames but i havent tested to see if its viable or not

phoenix1985gr

Honestly, I don't think :3::4::P: is all that good. Especially if you're looking for guaranteed options. :6::4::P: is sooo much better for that.

True i need to use this way more in stun it guarrantees launch and not many people counter high (so far i only use it from her 4t to a wall)

H o M i K a

After the sitdown stun most good players will try to slow escape... If they dont slow escape you dont worry about anything and the cb will still connect, that said its better to try the launch with p+k (only slow escaped on fastest and still not blockable but the treshold resets so you just stun them) or if you re not at max treshold just extend the sun with a faster attack... I guess you could try her 236 oh since it has about the same frames but i havent tested to see if its viable or not

true but only if they escape fast or fatest if they are escaping too slowly they still eat the CB

H o M i K a

yeah i think dat her only guarantee combo after the throw but even her highest launcher will not allow her to follow up :9::K::K:.:P::P::6::P::K:...only one of them :(

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD