DOA5U DLC characters, and the rules of them...

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
DOA4_Tengu_C1_zps7cd6af14.jpg

So I'm excited for the return of Tengu, and while it's not confirmed it's very well hinted:

"Like I said on Friday the 13th, by the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes." - Team Ninja's Twitter BS

If anyone in DOA is wicked, it's Tengu.

"Yes. Miyama is the stage with all the fallen trees that you can knock people over in DoAD. It originally was where Kasumi fights Ein in DoA2, then it gets dark and ominous and it becomes the stage where you fight Tengu, the Fallen Miyama, which becomes a two tiered stage in DoAD"

Team Ninja already hinted during there brief E3 press that they were considering his return, and what better time than the month of the devil to bring back a demonic presence?

If Tengu were to return, would he instantly be banned because he was banned in DOA2? He was banned in DOA4, and nobody really knew why. I heard a comment that once banned, always banned. I disagree with the nature of this statement. If characters come to DOA5U I think they should be tested and approved for tournament play by a handful of professionals. If banned a detailed thorough explanation should be provided as to why a dlc character is banned from tournament play.

But as of now, what's the plan for DLC characters, and who is looking forward to the return of the birdman? :D

RiBu

Shouldn't be banned...unless it's impossible to get enough systems that have him...so shouldn't be banned...

Stupid fucking character...don't get why people want him back...

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Shouldn't be banned...unless it's impossible to get enough systems that have him...so shouldn't be banned...

He was actually quite funny, and witty... most importantly he was completely unique and original to the DOA cast. Complete opposite of stupid.

David Gregg

Don't worry about it. You obviously can't handle the coolness that is Tengu. :tengu:

Anyway deathofninja that message was pretty vague I'm not sure if they were hinting at a character of just the new Halloween outfit DLC (or even the new stage). Also they said that a new character was to be released for the arcade version so I was under the assumption that he wouldn't be DLC (assuming he is the character) until after his arcade release.

In terms of DLC it will all depend on how giving TN feels. lol. If you have the F2P version you'll obviously have to buy him but maybe for the rest of us it will be like Zack Island.

In terms of banning who knows what will happen. If they go by the "banned before ban now" policy I can see a ton of people (including myself) bitching that they allowed Alpha to be used in the tournament. From what I've gathered from others part of it was that he was OP (?) but that also the amount of time it took to unlock him made it impossible to have him playable at tournaments. That wouldn't be a problem now thankfully.

Argentus

I'm still against playable bosses, so. fine with him being banned. Just wish I could ban him from lobbies.

David Gregg

https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/385403420498071552

This tweet, combined with the "something wicked" line and the rumor of a new character being added in Arcade either means Tengu is really back or ninja gaijin is a huge fucking troll.

ROFL is that what that tweet was implying? I thought the ____ was supposed to be breasts (as in Tina's well endowed rack). Shows you where my head is (#double_entendre). :p

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor

Kronin

"Something wicked" it's reffered to the Halloween horror stage that TN will release.

In this DLC there is no hint about Tengu, however we can be optimistic about his future release, being effectively the character with more chances to be the new entry for DoA5U Arcade.

Evil_Gotenks

I don't see y Tengu would be banned anyway, at least outside of DLC reasons. I mean Alpha is playable and I doubt Tengu will be more ridiculous than her

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Tengu, if released, wouldn't be banned just because he's a boss character. Alpha-152 in 5 and 5U is a good example. Also he was rarely banned in any major tournaments in 4. Just wasn't used a whole lot by anyone.

Also I sincerely doubt the tweet had anything to do but with the Halloween costumes.

As for banning him in the event that he's DLC, he wouldn't be banned for that either. Only console exclusivity would get him banned.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD