do u think its possible for a guy with no frame advantage to beat a frame head?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebHead

I dont bother to study anything technical when it comes to fighting games because bro.. It feels nicer to win knowing you used your inner spirit and heart than to use some science calculations written on a chalkboard.

the most technical thing I can say I know is slow escaping, I dont really bother learning about this sit down stun lingo I keep hearing u guys say. u bring it i fuck it.

do you think its possible for a guy like me to go to an offline tourney and win? and bro if you say no, then ill prove it in 3 - 4 months when I ask my boss for a week break to go to fly to a tourney.

also bro.... u think I plan to become UFC middle weight..... na.. light heavyweight champion with science notation? it doesnt exist in real life, you use your samarai heart.

Ghosty-J

I'm the same way, bro. We oughtta hang out more often.

tumblr_m3xyg3psuj1r95s0o.gif

dawnbringer

You don't have to study frame data to win. But it helps.

Frame data makes things easily measurable/comparable, makes communication with other players easier. "-6 on block" is very simple to understand and communicate.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I don't study everything when it comes to frame. It'll make your head explode. I just study what I feel necessary. Like the most useful tools of each character and the effectiveness. You know that you're good to go. Also Webhead go play at a offline competition and see where you stand. Other wise it doesn't matter what you do. Just saying.

WebHead

I dont know dude, I kind of already know where I stand in DOA. When I stun a lot of these high rank kids and the first thing they do is low counter... yeah

Dr Sexual

I dont know shit when it comes to frames outside of the jabs (Just for beginning of match purposes). I think its just as good to just learn what beats what and what works where from regular old trial and error as studying frame data. Just be careful because online stuff may or may not work offline. To know for 100% certain its gonna work in a perfect offline environment you're going to have to reference the frame data or have a ton of practice offline vs good competition.

MasterHavik

don't know frame data will lead to use getting piss off that you'll get punish every time for it. Zack isn't safe. Zack is super unsafe, but online hides that. You better know frames in less you would like to get blown up. Do you know what a crush is? If you don't then you'll be forever stuff.

Mr. T

Man, can you imagine a UFC middleweight champion WITH science notation? A UFC middleweight champion with science notation? Jesus..

Scornwell

Sun Tzu say: frames are what separate samurai.... from scrub!
When you have... the flu.
Without proper knowledge of frame advantage in stun and disadvantage on block, anything that seems to be working online will bite you in the ass come legit tourney time. Really worth the time to study, even just a basic recognition helps.
Is it me, or this guy is trolling us with samarai spirit related threads for the past weeks?

I just don't even.
Sounds like someone doesn't have Samurai Spirit.

TakedaZX

Sounds like someone doesn't have Samurai Spirit.
HUAH!

Anyway, yea I study frames. But fighting is also about improvising. I use frames so I can know what moves possibly put out a chance of me other the opponent getting fucked in the ass for doing something unsafe. It also lets you know what you can get right after a unsafe move that to opponent can't defend against.

Even still were all human. Just because something is guaranteed, our reaction time isn't always solid.

Tenren

studying frame data is just a shortcut, If you play over time you eventually find the moves that beat this or that. Having frame data and knowing how to use it just helps you get better faster that is all. Whether you can be good under pressure at a tournament is something completely different. I bet 90% of the top lev DOA players never looked at frame data.

Mr. T

Frame data is a shortcut in the same sense as taking the car to work is a shortcut instead of walking for 5 hours. I bet 90% top players in any fighting game including DOA has at some point done extensive frame data reconnaissance. That being said there's really no need to learn how may frames every move is. What you should know of frame data is frames (at least ball park figures) of a characters fastest pokes (all directions), fastest low (+i ONH), throw, crushes and to some extent launchers. That is useful information. Frame data for Jann lee's kick really isn't that useful unless you're playing Jann Lee or if it was faster then his jab.

WAZAAAAA

Don't think, feel.

which roughly translates into: pick Cheap Lee and mash Dragon Gunners to win

Mailifang

From my experience you have 3 types of high level players.

Technical Players:: The know the ends and outs of the game play down to numbers and science. Matches with these players are wars of attrition unless you make a mistake and then you get punished for it. Player Example Mr Naps(Tekken player)

Reaction players:: These players quickly adapt to what their opponents throw at them.These players have a keen sense to execute by reading and reacting at pivotal moments in a match when the game is on the line. Player example Master (DOA player)

A fighting game Savant ::These players are a combination of first 2 types.They have technical knowledge and mastery of the games that they play.They play multiple fighting games at a high level. And they also have ability to execute and adapt to whatever their in thrown at them.Player example Justin Wong (He plays about 5 games that I know of.But he is most well known for playing SF and MVC3).

I'm more of a reaction player. And DOA as a game rewards execution and adaption more so then knowing technicalities. DOA 5 kinda changes that up a bit though. Knowing the ins and outs of the game play in DOA5 does giv you an advantage.But that's in most fighting games.

Mailifang

Sounds like scrub talk.

I don't know about that.It worked for Bruce Lee.But his "Don't think,feel" quote applied to in the moment of combat having confidence in your own ability to execute when you need to,to the point you don't need to think about what you need to do. An player that isn't confident always second guesses himself and doesn't make a quick smart decision. A player that over thinks has trouble adapting to their opponents change of strategy.

So I wouldn't call it scrub talk if a person is capable and confident enough to where the "Don't Think,Feel" philosophy works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD