do u think its possible for a guy with no frame advantage to beat a frame head?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I don't know about that.It worked for Bruce Lee.But his "Don't think,feel" quote applied to in the moment of combat having confidence in your own ability to execute when you need to,to the point you don't need to think about what you need to do. An player that isn't confident always second guesses himself and doesn't make a quick smart decision. A player that over thinks has trouble adapting to their opponents change of strategy.

So I wouldn't call it scrub talk if a person is capable and confident enough to where the "Don't Think,Feel" philosophy works.

I was talking about what he said about Jann Lee and the dragon gunner.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
"Don't Think, Feel" is equated to your brain toggling auto-yomi.

It's great when it works.

MasterHavik

From my experience you have 3 types of high level players.

Technical Players:: The know the ends and outs of the game play down to numbers and science. Matches with these players are wars of attrition unless you make a mistake and then you get punished for it. Player Example Mr Naps(Tekken player)

Reaction players:: These players quickly adapt to what their opponents throw at them.These players have a keen sense to execute by reading and reacting at pivotal moments in a match when the game is on the line. Player example Master (DOA player)

A fighting game Savant ::These players are a combination of first 2 types.They have technical knowledge and mastery of the games that they play.They play multiple fighting games at a high level. And they also have ability to execute and adapt to whatever their in thrown at them.Player example Justin Wong (He plays about 5 games that I know of.But he is most well known for playing SF and MVC3).

I'm more of a reaction player. And DOA as a game rewards execution and adaption more so then knowing technicalities. DOA 5 kinda changes that up a bit though. Knowing the ins and outs of the game play in DOA5 does giv you an advantage.But that's in most fighting games.
I'm adding you on PSN. And I think I'm kind of different I'm a defensive player. I like to make sure I'm protecting myself before laying down the hurt. I need to know frame data, so I can properly punish my opponent.

Mailifang

"Don't Think, Feel" is equated to your brain toggling auto-yomi.

It's great when it works.

Don't think, feel doesn't just mean Yomi. Its about knowing yourself,believing in your skills, and adapting to what your opponent throws at you. But you also have to know what your opponent s capable of. Most pro high level players have this degree of confidence. But the great separates themselves from the good because they seem to "Auto-Yomi" at a level more so than others. The term "Don't Think, feel can't be applied to everyone though. Because some players have "it" while others don't. The ones that don't have "it" make up for it by working harder to develop a style of play based on data and strategy.

I am more of a "Don't Think, Feel" player. But I also make sure to have knowledge about my opponent and know enough of the frame game to the point of what I should and should not do during a match.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I'm gonna play it safe and say it's not possible on paper.

But on the other hand, we're all human, and we're capable of mistakes, some more than others, some less. I'm probably gonna get a lot of flak for this, but it all depends on how well the mistakes are capitalized.

*runs*

Mailifang

I'm gonna play it safe and say it's not possible on paper.

But on the other hand, we're all human, and we're capable of mistakes, some more than others, some less. I'm probably gonna get a lot of flak for this, but it all depends on how well the mistakes are capitalized.

*runs*

I agree.
Most things look good on paper. But like Chris Berman says on ESPN "Thats why we play the game"
Strategy,data, and knowing your opponent works more often than not.But it cannot dictate human error or human greatness. Shit either breaks down strategically. or some player will pull off some heroic feat that ends being a holy shit moment on Youtube.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Don't think, feel doesn't just mean Yomi. Its about knowing yourself,believing in your skills, and adapting to what your opponent throws at you. But you also have to know what your opponent s capable of. Most pro high level players have this degree of confidence. But the great separates themselves from the good because they seem to "Auto-Yomi" at a level more so than others. The term "Don't Think, feel can't be applied to everyone though. Because some players have "it" while others don't. The ones that don't have "it" make up for it by working harder to develop a style of play based on data and strategy.

I am more of a "Don't Think, Feel" player. But I also make sure to have knowledge about my opponent and know enough of the frame game to the point of what I should and should not do during a match.

Auto-yomi activates when you already have that knowledge as well as full confidence of what your opponent is going to do in relation to yourself. The mind game exists but it becomes instinctual rather than conscious. It's not mashing buttons persay, but if I had to theorize how it works a great deal of it is letting the subconscious take over most of the mixup and reactive processes. The subconscious can and will process everything much faster and with better results, but you can't "willingly" give the subconscious a task.

Pain in the ass, really.

Bah, I hate this talk of Yomi. It always sounds so power-word positive and hippie-speak. Yomi is fucking impossible to teach anyone. Impossible.

Mailifang

Auto-yomi activates when you already have that knowledge as well as full confidence of what your opponent is going to do in relation to yourself. The mind game exists but it becomes instinctual rather than conscious. It's not mashing buttons persay, but if I had to theorize how it works a great deal of it is letting the subconscious take over most of the mixup and reactive processes. The subconscious can and will process everything much faster and with better results, but you can't "willingly" give the subconscious a task.

Pain in the ass, really.

Bah, I hate this talk of Yomi. It always sounds so power-word positive and hippie-speak. Yomi is fucking impossible to teach anyone. Impossible.

Ah ok.I see what your saying. LoL,I agree that Yomi is impossible to teach.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Modern day Black Magic.

I actually did accuse Xdest of practicing Canadian voodoo once. Which is an odd fit, because he's Jewish. Still, I swear he's got a few headless chickens in his closet.

Mailifang

I'm adding you on PSN. And I think I'm kind of different I'm a defensive player. I like to make sure I'm protecting myself before laying down the hurt. I need to know frame data, so I can properly punish my opponent.

Feel free to add me. Maybe we can get some matches in while I'm baking muffins.

ScattereDreams

In DOA, I don't find frames that big of a deal compared to Tekken, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, or even Blazblue. In DOA when you do something say -14, it's a i12 throw punish. But the damage is pretty shit on NH i12 throws. In Tekken, if you're -15. That's a hop kick and a good amount of life. If you're -12 in Soul Calibur V, Alpha Patroklos is taking 40% of your life with two Just Frame Sakura Twisters (if they have the reflexes, and skills to do it consistently).

In DOA4, you had uncounterables, which are gone now. The only thing useful I find with frame data in DOA, is being safe, frame traps (which can be beaten by counters, and finding whats guaranteed after unholdable stuns. Frame Data in DOA sucks donkey dick.

Mailifang

In DOA, I don't find frames that big of a deal compared to Tekken, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, or even Blazblue. In DOA when you do something say -14, it's a i12 throw punish. But the damage is pretty shit on NH i12 throws. In Tekken, if you're -15. That's a hop kick and a good amount of life. If you're -12 in Soul Calibur V, Alpha Patroklos is taking 40% of your life with two Just Frame Sakura Twisters (if they have the reflexes, and skills to do it consistently).

In DOA4, you had uncounterables, which are gone now. The only thing useful I find with frame data in DOA, is being safe, frame traps (which can be beaten by counters, and finding whats guaranteed after unholdable stuns. Frame Data in DOA sucks donkey dick.

Wow...donkey dick. That's a lot to swallow(pun intended):).

MasterHavik

i disagree frame data matters a lot because some have shit that is i8/i9 that can lead into to insane shit. And let's not forget i7 unbreakable throw punish...i don't see what sucks about i7 throws like rig's blowout 236T, Eliot...i think 236T the one that throws you into the air, and there are others that can lead to nasty damage. It's not universal though.

Sixmsj

Pain in the ass, really.

It's called flow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology)

SilverKhaos

I didn't even study in school, and I aced nearly everything there. Same thing applies here.

So long as you are good at adapting, reading patterns, have good reflexes, and can plan ahead, you'll do fine.

ScattereDreams

i disagree frame data matters a lot because some have shit that is i8/i9 that can lead into to insane shit. And let's not forget i7 unbreakable throw punish...i don't see what sucks about i7 throws like rig's blowout 236T, Eliot...i think 236T the one that throws you into the air, and there are others that can lead to nasty damage. It's not universal though.

Compared to punishments in soul calibur, and tekken. Those punishments on NH don't mean shit lol.

Fastlane

I played a lot of those frame data know it alls in SC and wiped the floor with them. I think reaction/mind games with an understanding frame data would be the most beneficial. Starring at sheet of paper with plus and negative numbers isn't going to make someone better. Actually playing the game and learning what's safe and unsafe helps a lot but no reason to know everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD