do u think its possible for a guy with no frame advantage to beat a frame head?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos

the strategy guide is your best friend if you want to know the ins & outs of DOA5 mechanics. ;) give thanks to DrDogg

ScattereDreams

Well it's something at least...kind of fun...getting punish in SC5 and TT2 hurts a fuckton.

and it's supposed to. The purpose of punishing is to make opponents play safer, and smarter. But in DOA punishing is shit, and near useless. I hate the concept of punishing with throws, because you get nothing out of it on normal hit. Players can be as unsafe as they want, take little damage, and can still win.

MasterHavik

and it's supposed to. The purpose of punishing is to make opponents play safer, and smarter. But in DOA punishing is shit, and near useless. I hate the concept of punishing with throws, because you get nothing out of it on normal hit. Players can be as unsafe as they want, take little damage, and can still win.
You forgot to mention MK and Vf punishing too. I must not mind it though since I have been playing a ton of grapplers. So punishing with a throw isn't TOO bad. keyword: too. Not all throws lead to setups or combos in this game. And this kind of gives me the green light to do all my really unsafe moves with Zack.:D Nah I won't do that. I play too defensive in this game.

SilverKhaos

Yeah, that makes me mad as hell, too. Only way to really punish is counters, and their damage got nerfed hard. THere's literally nothing to discourage people just doing mindless rushdown anymore.

Sixmsj

It just sounds like you're mad that you lost. They are playing extremely unsafe and 'take little damage'? Are you not attacking at all?

Do you want throws to do high counter damage? Look at Hayabusa or Kasumi on High Counter, it takes almost half a bar out. That'd be ridiculous.

ScattereDreams

It just sounds like you're mad that you lost. They are playing extremely unsafe and 'take little damage'? Are you not attacking at all?

Why is it that instead of understanding, people rush to over analyzing what I'm saying, and make hasty generalizations?

It just sounds like you're mad that you lost.

That's not even the point to begin with. Lose, or win; you should be able to punish players to want them to play safe, punish them so that they don't make that mistake instead of continuing to play brain dead.

They are playing extremely unsafe and 'take little damage'? Are you not attacking at all?

Do you not understand the concept that in you DOA "you punish with throws and not attacks?" seriously lol.

Do you want throws to do high counter damage? Look at Hayabusa or Kasumi on High Counter, it takes almost half a bar out. That'd be ridiculous.

If it stops players from playing like retards, i'm all for it. Seriously though, I'm not asking for throws to be over the top, shit bat broken. I'm just saying, on normal hit, throws do crap damage and players aren't afraid to play unsafe.

If you still don't understand what i'm saying, then.. you might want to google the term "main idea". =/

MasterHavik

I don't think that is. But you know.....he kind of refuses to go to offline tournaments for DOA 5.

MasterHavik

You know, If I had the money I'd go to offline tournaments.... Just not for DOA =/
Uh....you know the tournament you could have gone to....was mad close to you in Chicago. I have been to venue before I should know. Cut the shit Julius. So much knowledge about DOA, but you're using the money excuse. That's not like you. Why don't you wanna go for DOA if you like the game?
I would if it happened to be across the street or something. But I would never go way out of my way just to play a video game that I can play at home.
dat online warrior mindset. I'm trying to go to NEC atm, which my chances are getting higher since I just clear out all the online assignments for one of my classes. And the past tournaments I have been too were reachable by bus and train. Look that shit up. It helps. You also should learn how to manger your time. I went when I had no big test and all my homework was done. I even able to get to gatherings once in a while. Drop all the excuses and start using that head of yours.

Sixmsj

I don't think that is. But you know.....he kind of refuses to go to offline tournaments for DOA 5.
Yup, it's a case of 'I don't know how to beat it so I'm gonna trivialize it and act like I'm too high and mighty to do it." AKA scrub mentality.

Again, do you honestly think a throw on Normal should do more damage? Couple with the fact that most/some of the cast are unsafe on block?

SilverKhaos

Uh....you know the tournament you could have gone to....was mad close to you in Chicago. I have been to venue before I should know. Cut the shit Julius. So much knowledge about DOA, but you're using the money excuse. That's not like you. Why don't you wanna go for DOA if you like the game?
dat online warrior mindset. I'm trying to go to NEC atm, which my chances are getting higher since I just clear out all the online assignments for one of my classes. And the past tournaments I have been too were reachable by bus and train. Look that shit up. It helps. You also should learn how to manger your time. I went when I had no big test and all my homework was done. I even able to get to gatherings once in a while. Drop all the excuses and start using that head of yours.

I still don't care lol. I can have all the free time in the world, I"m not going out of my way to play a videogame lol.

If I'm out and about, i'm sure as hell not gonna waste it by going to play a game. If I'm out i'd probably be at the beach, or disneyland or magic mountain, or at a bar or camping or snowboarding or something.

MasterHavik

Yup, it's a case of 'I don't know how to beat it so I'm gonna trivialize it and act like I'm too high and mighty to do it." AKA scrub mentality.

Again, do you honestly think a throw on Normal should do more damage? Couple with the fact that most/some of the cast are unsafe on block?
I wouldn't say all that since he's my friend. But I just wish he would get out and support the game.

I still don't care lol. I can have all the free time in the world, I"m not going out of my way to play a videogame lol.

If I'm out and about, i'm sure as hell not gonna waste it by going to play a game. If I'm out i'd probably be at the beach, or disneyland or magic mountain, or at a bar or camping or snowboarding or something.
Question: Why are you on this site then? no offence but this is for guys who want to play DOA offline. Yeah we have our online threads and such, but that's just for casuals.

Oh wow great excuse sir. " why should I go out of my way to play a video game?" Dude the places these events are hail are not only cool , but a ton of fun. You said you would go to these other places besides that. Even when I was playing MK9, I was traveling for that game and on the side went to multiple anime/comic book conventions. You need learn how to handle your time instead of making excuses for everything.

ScattereDreams

Quit using money as an excuse? If I don't have the money, I don't have the money lol. You can't patronize someone for not having the money to go to offline tournaments lol. Even I had the money to go I wouldn't go anyways. It wouldn't benefit me in anyway. I like videogames, but not that much to the point where i'd jump on a plane, or train to just to play someone offline o.0. I prefer spending money and time on other things tbh. Clothes, mall, movies, friends, fun, etc? Not saying traveling for videogames isn't fun, but everyone has their own version of whats fun for them.

MasterHavik

Quit using money as an excuse? If I don't have the money, I don't have the money lol. You can't patronize someone for not having the money to go to offline tournaments lol. Even I had the money to go I wouldn't go anyways. It wouldn't benefit me in anyway. I like videogames, but not that much to the point where i'd jump on a plane, or train to just to play someone offline o.0. I prefer spending money and time on other things tbh. Clothes, mall, movies, friends, fun, etc? Not saying traveling for videogames isn't fun, but everyone has their own version of whats fun for them.
money on friends and the mall? You still go to the mall? LOL wow...fail. Friends? Why haven't you sent me any money in college then?:D I'm not in Chicago, remember? But let me get serious. And hold it bro you're wasting your talents then. I mean in general not just DOA. If marvel, MK, SF, and etc. can get people from all over to go then why not DOA. Why doe the DOA community have to play the excuse card? I think the reason I love it so much is because I get to meet people and make friends. I also don't do a bad job in the games i have entered. Well not marvel, but I hate that game anyways.

ScattereDreams

money on friends and the mall? You still go to the mall? LOL wow...fail.

Umm....?? Is there some type of rule that says "20 year old black men can't go to malls"? Because I see people of all ages and races in them. Must be some type of anti-social geek thing, my bad.

Why doe the DOA community have to play the excuse card

That's something you have to take up with yourself if every time some one says "they don't want to go offline to play a game because they'd rather spend time doing something else" it has to be an excuse. It's quite sad, that you believe that, and think that way.

MasterHavik

Umm....?? Is there some type of rule that says "20 year old black men can't go to malls"? Because I see people of all ages and races in them. Must be some type of anti-social geek thing, my bad.

That's something you have to take up with yourself if every time some one says "they don't want to go offline to play a game because they'd rather spend time doing something else" it has to be an excuse. It's quite sad, that you believe that, and think that way.

lol nah. I was just messing with you. I'm not anti-social man. I just feel the mall is more of a high school thing.

Well answer me this...how is it possible that games that I mention can get big numbers at majors and locals? It's not sad I think that way while games before it are doing the same thing. But it seems to become a problem when you ask a DOA player to do it.

GrandMasterson

This is why DoA will never be at Evo again

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor

Then "you" obviously aren't playing right. If you are punishing opponents for being unsafe, and are still losing, then it is because your opponent obviously doesn't care and will still do whatever they want, and win. You have players that will behave this way. Punishing opponents in this game "isn't useless", and you shouldn't even expect to deal huge amounts of damage from throw punishing anything with throws. That isn't what the game is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD