DOA 20th year expectations

P2p1mbs

The series turns 20 years old next year, what do you hope TN will do in celebration?

Im personally very hopeful DOAX3 will get a worldwide multiplatform release with all 16 girls but given the current trend nowadays for rereleases, I kinda want to see a compilation rerelease of all the best versions of older games prior to 5; a compilation of DOA 1 ultimate, maybe DOA++, DOA 2 ultimate and hardcore, DOA 3.1, and DOA4 (spartan character removed for both versions since TN would be too lazy to try to get the rights to put her back in the xbone version), similar to Rare Replay

Seeing what TN have been doing with DLCs (and DOAX3) recently though, I expect theyll just either do an anniversary DLC costume pack (all the girls wearing a shirt that says DOA, 20 yeays, for example) or just a DLC sale for existing stuff.

what do you guys expect?

Kasumi

I want to say the announcement of DOA6 but I don't know.....

Maybe is just DOAX3 their way to celebrate.

Hayabusiness

I want that compilation, but I expect the DLC you described.
DOAX3 international with all girls also seems like a possibility.

Another cool idea (but less cooler than a compilation IMO) would be that every pre-DOA5 character gets an UNMODIFIED, faithful throwback outfit. The new ones could get... I dunno, something, I don't care about the new characters :rolleyes:

A list of what they could get (keep the DOA wiki in hand if you need to refresh your memory, cuz I don't want to post pictures and ruin everyone's internet):
Kasumi - Pink Rabbit suit from DOA1
Tina - DOA3's Zebra pants with underboob shirt. <-- I want this pretty badly.
Leifang - Her classic P1 DOA1 green outfit
Zack - Shadowman outfit, or his white tux.
Ryu - DOA1 P1 ninja suit or his DOA3 body suit with sexy long floating hair in the wind ooooooh yeah.
Bayman - Scuba suit (everyone will kill me for this choice :confused:)
Gen Fu - Elf outfit from DOA3, because his catalogue is all very similar in all the games.
Jann Lee - Bouncer outfit from DOA3.
Bass - Red Wrestling costume with feathers (the one that goes hand to hand with Tina's).
Ayane - Her pretty purple leotard from DOA2U. I prefer it over the DOA2H version.
Helena - Genie outfit from DOA2U,
Leon - Arabian-style outfit from DOA2.
Ein - Either one of his disco style get ups or his DOA2 P2 with the jeans jacket and white shirt.
Hayate - I dunno, DOA3 black p2?
Hitomi - That blue outfit with short shorts from DOA4.
Christie - Red dress from DOA3, or the butler tux.
Brad - Purple kung fu robe from DOA3.
Lisa - Her green Luchadora outfit with the tiny mask and feathers from DOA4.
Eliot - Red sweatshirt from DOA4.
Kokoro - I don't know, all she has in DOA5 is similar to outfit she already worn in 4 and Dimensions. Another school uniform? Lol...

KwonJigglypuff

I'd like a DOA encyclopedia with exclusive artworks/concept arts.

An announcement for DOA6 would be nice. November 26, 1996 was the day DOA was first released on Arcade, so that's not too early!

SoftCabbage

Using TN's glasses, I predict:
- $100 "All DLC Pack" for their 20th anniversary
- $5 Special Marie Rose DLC of her C1 in Kasumi's blue-white tone with "DOA 20th Anniversary" logo slapped on the back
- $5 Special Honoka DLC of her C1 in Ayane's purple tone with "DOA 20th Anniversary" logo slapped on the back
** MR and Honoka DLC aren't included in the $100 pack

Hayabusiness

Using TN's glasses, I predict:
- $100 "All DLC Pack" for their 20th anniversary
- $5 Special Marie Rose DLC of her C1 in Kasumi's blue-white tone with "DOA 20th Anniversary" logo slapped on the back
- $5 Special Honoka DLC of her C1 in Ayane's purple tone with "DOA 20th Anniversary" logo slapped on the back
** MR and Honoka DLC aren't included in the $100 pack

$100 is a tad too much, $70 though seems like a legit price... :( All of this sounds so plausible even if it's hyperbolic.

mizking

The 20th years logo will have a 2 and Marie Rose's head as a 0. Or Honoka's left boob. Or both.Then they will announce a new IP with tattooed female warriors and then cancel the game 20 months later.

As for DOA related materials, probably a DOAX 3 upgraded version will all the characters will be released globally Q4 2016 or Q2 2017 with the game released on both current gen consoles

DOA 5 DLC, again, DLC could be FF themed.

A new Ninja Gaiden probably

And if you're lucky a DOA HD re release

Last edited:

SoftCabbage

The 20th years logo will have a 2 and Marie Rose's head as a 0. Or Honoka's left boob. Or both.Then they will announce a new IP with tattooed female warriors and then cancel the game 20 months later.

As for DOA related materials, probably a DOAX 3 upgraded version will all the characters will be released globally Q4 2016 or Q2 2017 with the game released on both current gen consoles

DOA 5 DLC, again, DLC could be FF themed.

A new Ninja Gaiden probably

And if you're lucky a DOA HD re release

Almost accurate.

You only forgot DOA5 Terra Round Complete Pack for PS4, X1, and PC, DLC packs for DOA5 TRCP, DOA6, and DOA6 Alpha Phase Donovan Edition.

KwonJigglypuff

There is no precise date for the release of DOA on Arcade. It's only 1996.

However, I suppose they should use Kasumi's birthday as the D-day (February 23rd). Would be nice to release special costumes (legacy, anniversary, whatever).

Announcing a new game would be nice but too early in my opinion (the DLC character in Spring would not have been released yet, and DOAX3 will still get supported). E3 2016 or even TGS 2016 would be better.

Fredi

Well, maybe another DLC Legacy type costumes for the classics characters

I've never seen that Tecmo or Team Ninja celebrates DOA anniversary as 10th neither 15th...

mizking

I could also see some sort of Japan only blue PS4 with DOA5LR on there with DLC codes or something

And a Marie and Honoka pillow

A CD or Blu Ray gallery of Marie and Honoka and a separate one for the rest of the female cast

it'll be 2004 all over again

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD