DOA 5 Balance Test Combo Footage #2

DrDogg

Ok, cool. But I was actually talking more so of how Rig lands and is on ground...do we know if that position is an unholdable state?

Rig is grounded when the 2K series hits him. He wouldn't be able to hold, but he may be able to tech roll in some situations. Again, probably depends on the launch height and what you do before 6KK.

At E3, Bayman and Tina could use an attack that slammed the opponent to the ground to get guaranteed ground throws. However, Zack's 6KK doesn't really do that. If you watch the E3 exhibition for Zack, you can see he has guaranteed ground situations for the 2K series.

Doug Nguyen

:2::H+P: and :236::H+P: (I believe this is the new notation for the throw.) in DOA5. In DOA4 :2::F+P: and :6::F+P:. She is one of the better characters that has throws that lead into attacks.
Thanks ill try to figure out those buttons. I start getting confused when its two buttons. And i was talking about grabs like Hitomi's where she knees you in the face, which is really good for continuing a combo. For kasumi's, im kinda bad at juggling. But i know her expert mid kick counter is good for combos since its higher and closer to you.

Raansu

What characters have catch throws in 3.1 that aren't grapplers?

Uhhhh off the top of my head, Zack, Jann Lee, Christie and Brad Wong. I think there is more but that is all I can remember atm.

Jann Lee's Dragon Gunner was a catch throw in DoA2 as well which is why I say I'd be very surprised if it wasn't in DoA5.

Zack's was :2::P+K: :F+P:
Jann Lee's was :6::F+P:
Christie's was :3::3: :F+P: (her leg grab throw.)
Brads was from the laying down position.

And sorwah beat me to my edit lol.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
What characters have catch throws in 3.1 that aren't grapplers?

Zack (:2::P+K::F+P:), Jann Lee (:6::F+P:), Hayabusa (:8::F+P:), Brad (Lay Stance :F+P:), Christie (:3::3::F+P:), and Ayane (:8::F+P:)

Should be noted that Leifang is a grappler in 3.1 and didn't have a Catch Throw.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
What makes Leifang a grappler?

Her throws were 1 frame faster than all of the strikers like all the other grapplers.

Grapplers neutral throw was i4; Strikers were i5
Grapplers single-direction throw was i5; Strikers were i6
Grapplers multi-direction throw was i6; Strikers were i7

DR2K

Her throws were 1 frame faster than all of the strikers like all the other grapplers.

Grapplers neutral throw was i4; Strikers were i5
Grapplers single-direction throw was i5; Strikers were i6
Grapplers multi-direction throw was i6; Strikers were i7

Weird how she didn't have an OH. Does she have one in DOA5?

DrDogg

I think Zack has got 3 CBs trying to think about it.

1 from Back sway
1 from the round kick
and
1 from when he do a hop jump in the air and kicks you, with both of his feet on each sides.

I would guess that the last one was removed in favor of the second one. The jumping splits kick wasn't a very practical CB.

RhythmikDesigns

Rig is grounded when the 2K series hits him. He wouldn't be able to hold, but he may be able to tech roll in some situations. Again, probably depends on the launch height and what you do before 6KK.

At E3, Bayman and Tina could use an attack that slammed the opponent to the ground to get guaranteed ground throws. However, Zack's 6KK doesn't really do that. If you watch the E3 exhibition for Zack, you can see he has guaranteed ground situations for the 2K series.
Thanks

Hurricane Rev

I would guess that the last one was removed in favor of the second one. The jumping splits kick wasn't a very practical CB.

Oh really?? I thought the jumping splits kick was worthy enough of being a CB move. I didn't think it wasn't useful enough. Well If that is the case, then that is a bit of a shame really.

DrDogg

Oh really?? I thought the jumping splits kick was worthy enough of being a CB move. I didn't think it wasn't useful enough. Well If that is the case, then that is a bit of a shame really.

A slow, high attack isn't a very good CB in my opinion.

Allan Paris

Thanks ill try to figure out those buttons. I start getting confused when its two buttons. And i was talking about grabs like Hitomi's where she knees you in the face, which is really good for continuing a combo. For kasumi's, im kinda bad at juggling. But i know her expert mid kick counter is good for combos since its higher and closer to you.

Those inputs are throwing inputs. As DrDogg mentioned Kasumi's :6::6::H+P: does what you are talking about.

MasterHavik

I know in four he had a throw that was 236HP and if you were by a wall he would smash the shit out of them. Ahh...good times. I always would say," Get...on..the ground!" It was a catch throw btw. I would say it if I landed a catch throw.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Here are Shimbori's comments via Twitter regarding this video:

Yohei Shimboria via @TeamNinjaStudio said:
Hey, Hayashi. Don't go saying Master had his back turned and wasn't even watching the fight when I lost!

I got a round! I made him pay attention when we fought! THEN I lost. :)

Anyway... Moving on...

People liked the combo video, so here's another! Ayane, Hayate, Tina, Bass, Zack and Sarah!

Just watching the videos won't instantly make you able to pull the combos off in tournaments.

But the videos should give you a hint of how things have changed.

What you might not really get from the video are changes like recovery after guard.

Also, he has lots of moves for the -5F to -7F(*) range where only H+P is guaranteed. Moves like 6PP, 3PP, PP6PK, etc.

(*) -5 to -7 is correct. Changed from original -4 to -7. (Ninja Gaijin)

Other characters have safe moves too, of course. Watch for these when you're fighting.

Speaking of guard, after Akira's 6P+K is blocked, he has guaranteed combos from 46P.

The commands might be different from VF, but you the combos themselves are similar. So VF veterans probably have the advantage.

Akira and Sarah also have moves that lead to guaranteed damage after causing guard break with certain moves, just like in VF.

I think DOA players will have a tough time against them. You should get some practice in with VF5FS while you have time!

That's all for today! (er, yesterday... -Ninja Gaijin)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD