DoA 5 Gen Fu topic.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Help me out here, I think we should determine whether or not counter hit :3::P::P:,:3::3::P: ,:3::P+K: can be slow/stagger escaped or not. I think it should be SE-able in theory; the CB move 3P+K is 20 frames according to the game = 22 frames in reality, and fastest possible SE gives -22 after 33p. (-30 without SEing). BUT I can't block the CB no matter what. I'm sure I got the fastest SE many times there... do you have any idea what is wrong here? Didn't Raansu or Rikuto or someone show how to SE that setup?

KidArk

I'm replying on my phone right now but I'll add image notations once I get on my pc, second hit of 3pp is a sitdown stun on CH making the next move unavoidable, 33P on CH is a sitdown stun making 6p+k unavoidable. To get out you'd need to spam mid parry and stop trying to out jab genfu , he's faster than you. This is an unholdable CH combo only because for it to land your opponent would have to be trying to attack to get into the CH situation in the fist place , if you're mashing to get into the ch it would be too late to hold the second hit of 3PP to make this unholdable cb combo.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

T
I'm replying on my phone right now but I'll add image notations once I get on my pc, second hit of 3pp is a sitdown stun on CH making the next move unavoidable, 33P on CH is a sitdown stun making 6p+k unavoidable. To get out you'd need to spam mid parry and stop trying to out jab genfu , he's faster than you. This is an unholdable CH combo only because for it to land your opponent would have to be trying to attack to get into the CH situation in the fist place , if you're mashing to get into the ch it would be too late to hold the second hit of 3PP to make this unholdable cb combo.

The reason I'm asking is that Jeffcore claims in the tier list thread that the CB isn't quaranteed after counter hit 3pp, I'm just trying to find evidence that it in fact is 100 % quaranteed. I'm not having trouble with getting hit by it since I rarely run into Genfu online :) (and never offline since my brothers don't play him)

Lobo

T

The reason I'm asking is that Jeffcore claims in the tier list thread that the CB isn't quaranteed after counter hit 3pp, I'm just trying to find evidence that it in fact is 100 % quaranteed. I'm not having trouble with getting hit by it since I rarely run into Genfu online :) (and never offline since my brothers don't play him)

In the original tier list thread, Raansu posted a video of him SEing the 3P+K. (I would post it, but I think the link was private) However, on that same page, someone else said he basically had to Mario Party 1 his d-pad to SE it, and even then he still only did like once out of 10 tries.

So I think its safe to say that 99% of the time, the CB will land.

KidArk

Genfu h+K mid hop kick crushes mid wakeup kick.. somehow and it crushes low wakeup kick , gen freely walks in on wake-up

RoboJoe

I was mad about almost all of Gen Fu's safety being taken away, along with various other nerfs. However, I love 214PP now. Safe, huge reach, can be faked, wall splats. Great move, now watch it be nerfed.

RoboJoe

Time to double post:

K is now +4 on normal hit. This is amazing considering it's still guaranteed after air throw. the only issue is finding a decent juggle that doesn't sacrifice too much damage, but with the launch heights of 236T and H+K buffed it shouldn't be too hard. Not tested but the new 8K might also be high enough to catch them.

7T was also sped up to 7f, so you can be safer with your back to the wall.

Overall, I think Gen Fu is a better character now than he was in vanilla, you just can't autopilot anymore.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
An overlooked buff he received in 5U is the return of his old hat throwing taunt. He can do it while wearing C1 or C2, as long as he still has his hat on. Strangely enough, he cannot do it while wearing C3.

The input is 646H+P+K / 6AP

Enjoy my useful contribution to this thread. ;)

:genfu:

KidArk

An overlooked buff he received in 5U is the return of his old hat throwing taunt. He can do it while wearing C1 or C2, as long as he still has his hat on. Strangely enough, he cannot do it while wearing C3.

Fml you can`t believe how hard searched for that..
Sorry fellow Fu users college and Jacky have kept me from making his thread, but I will soon complete it.

Last edited:

Aven Kujo-Gin

He already have that taunt in vanilla, but sadly, while in doa3-4 he says something like "usubai!" in doa5 he don't say anything at all, not so sure about doa5u.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD