DoA 5 Gen Fu topic.

Snipeclips

It does whiff sometimes, I don't get why. Anywho not much is talked about for Gen Fu right now, especially when he's practically the same from DOA4 so he's still strong.

Snipa

Fu seems fantastic, not really sure why hes non existant online or in most discussions.

The only characters i do seem to struggle against with him is rangers or slow chars.
Such as B Wong and Lisa but im sure i can find something useful there.

Snipeclips

I'm using 6PPP+K as my main juggle with him. Can anyone provide something better¿
:6::P::P::P: - Good on the electric floors and easier overall
:236::K:, :2::P+K::4::6::P: - Adds a bit more damage and pushes back a good distance
:6::P::P:, :6::P::P::P: - Juggle dependent, needs a higher juggle level and doesn't work on heavy characters

I guess there's more there but those are the few I use.

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
When I asked DrDogg about :3::P+K: all he had to say was "broken". Hopefully he was kidding, Busa and Helena's BS crushes got nerfed so hopefully Gen Fu isn't exempt.

Ayo this maybe true, but it was beastly in the last game too. Anyways, this is what I wanted to know. Who in there right mind decided to give Genfu an uncounterable launcher? You know how safe these Genfu players are online? Stunning me and throwing me and shi and always launching with their same bootleg bunny hop kick launcher that can't be countered ah man that's trash yo.

I didn't think Genfu was going to be as good in this version, but shi man I think he delivers.

Omegan Eckhart

Ayo this maybe true, but it was beastly in the last game too. Anyways, this is what I wanted to know. Who in there right mind decided to give Genfu an uncounterable launcher? You know how safe these Genfu players are online? Stunning me and throwing me and shi and always launching with their same bootleg bunny hop kick launcher that can't be countered ah man that's trash yo.

I didn't think Genfu was going to be as good in this version, but shi man I think he delivers.
I haven't seen much of Gen Fu since launch, nice to hear he's still a huge pain in the ass...

Fome

Wait, Gen Fu has an uncounterable launcher? Can someone confirm this?

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
From what Mr. Wah told me, they basically copy/pasted him from DOA 4 so he's just as good in this game as he was in that one.

stevo uk

Yes he has an uncountable launcher h&k you cant hold it you just side step he is basically the same except his best move in 4 is now his power blow 1p&k wich means you can see it coming a mile off

MagnusCore

Hey all, I'm writing the DOA5 wiki for IGN and I'm trying to get my Gen Fu page up tonight. I've found some tech that I don't think I've seen anyone discover or talk about yet and I think it puts Gen Fu pretty squarely at the top of the tier list.

I'll link it here later. Gen Fu is a problem in this game. I mean, he's always been really good but...damn. See y'all soon...

MagnusCore

Sigh...sorry the new page isn't up yet folks. Captured all the media, but I still have to edit and label everything, then write all the content. Hopefully in the next day or two, but I can't wait to share what I've found! Stay tuned!

shunwong

Yeah! Looking forward to the IGN character guides for Gen Fu and for the rest. I don't have the Prima guide so my only source of info is the internet.

MagnusCore

Ok guys, I'm not near done, but a lot of it is up. If you want to see one sick new piece of tech, skip right down to the nuts and bolts section and behold what I've dubbed the Senpu Reset. It's simply filthy, possibly game breaking, but that's debatable. I'm writing out some very practical ways to set it up. There are MANY. Hope y'all enjoy!

MagnusCore

Alrighty, I put up some setups but those are kind of the hardest ones. The best/most reliable ones come from his parries and sidestep moves. I'm done writing for today, I need a break! But I'll try to have the rest of these setups, plus the OTHER sweet piece of tech I found tomorrow.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD