DOA 5 Tina Thread

shinryu

Awesome, I was actually going to post and see if she had any good force techs since I've been finding some with peeps over in the Mila thread and lo and behold here we go. I knew 6f+k There's now almost no reason to ground throw after a hard knockdown unless the extra damage will end the round (and at 20 damage for most of the ground throws vs. I'm guessing around 12 for the 6f+k I can't imagine that will be very often except maybe from kk/BT k 6f+k setups). Quick questions:

Do you know the precise frame advantage you have? It would be worth knowing in case 7k worked for example. I think this may be a situation where the OH game becomes worth playing. If 6f+k works that suggests a minimum frame advantage of +9 which means 66f+p should be guaranteed against a non-tech jump/crouch high or mid. If it's +14 or better, 46f+p should work, and if it's better than that 46f+p/1p+k charge mixups could be used as well. Getting a potential power blow or +17 guard break after a force tech is a big deal, as she can force stun with 9p after the break and then mixup with whatever. A 50-75 damage tackle into a giant swing is pretty meaty damage too. Very exciting.

Does this force a backturned tech after the kk 6f+k combo, cause if it does then they are screwed as all hell. The backturned OH mixup for her is brutal to get caught in, and it makes a 6f+k to reset the situation a super safe option as they shouldn't be able to hold it (Lei Fang/Bayman excepted).

Also, will this work after spiking with 8p? Suggests the new juggle ender for advantage might be 8k to 6f+k then. I'm going to guess this will work after unteched 46p and other knockdowns that give ground throw if they're not teched. I will check that out tonight.

Django

any untechable knockdown works i.e.

:6::H+K:, :2::H+P:: +0 48 damage
Force techs
:6::H+K:, :1::P:, :6::H+K:: +9 41 damage
:6::H+K:, :3_::P:: +17 34 damage
these are the only ones i saw worth using

PacManila

7K will get you +2 if they do a standing block. I've been using her 66H+P and 26H+P after the force tech mostly. What is the +17 guard break you mentioned?

I was hoping that this would be a good set up for 46P as well, but she won't be far enough to get any positive frames on block. I don't know about the backturn tech, but it's something to test out in the lab.

shinryu

Holy shit she gets the throw and the force tech? So 6f+k, 2f+p, hold 3p should work and give the force tech? Or am I misunderstanding? Either way, +19 is kind of amazing; 7k is go for guard breaks as is 46f+p. Hell, you could actually start up 7p just fine if you're so inclined. Possibly an 8k/8f+p mixup on occasion as well. +9 is just fine too though for most of her mixups to get going (44p should be ok, as should 6f+k and 66f+p) and that has better damage. Can't wait to try these out. If the backturned tech works that's going to be awesome shit.

Re: Guard breaks

7k should give you +9 I think, I'm surprised you're getting +2. Maybe it's hitting at some weird point in the animation? It's the inzui geri you're thinking of, right, big jumping spinning kick?

The +17 guard break is the power blow (1p+k) if charged. I think the minimum charge time is 30 frames? Anyway, since both it and 46f+p can be charged up there's a decent if dangerous mixup there. Basically, there are a number of moves that beat the power blow at +19, but that or a hold attempt against the power blow will all be beaten by the OH. Meanwhile, if you duck or crouch throw to beat the OH, you will eat the power blow. If they just say screw it and block, a blocked power blow puts her at +17. It's not airtight, but to beat it you'd have to be able to mid punch hold or crouch throw on a few frames notice. I can see a lot of people freezing when they see the charge animation and and blocking and either way they take damage then (from the OH or from the guard break to 9p to whatever), or possibly doing a crouch throw to stop the OH if you've used that before and then sucking on a power blow. 1p+k sucks on normal but you could try this mixup even without the power blow. More of a shennanigan or an attempt to train them then.

Shame about 46p, but maybe the 2p1p setup is better for that. 3p+k might be useful if they get too defensive; technically should lose to a lot of stuff even at +19 but again there's the freeze factor to consider. Very exciting tech.

PacManila

I got +2 after hitting the enziguri. If I remember correctly, the fight info showed +9 when I used 6H+K for the force tech. Didn't know that her power blow guard breaks, maybe I wasn't charging it long enough. I'll try it out the next time I go into the lab.

Thanks for the force techs Django, looks like I'll be doing some more lab work before I go online again.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Tina is definitely my go to character after Lisa. Sometimes I think I may be better with her at times than Lisa. Playing DOA_Eater also helps me get better with her by taking some pointers.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I don't think I have a special strategy. I'm a aggressive player, so I play the poke/stun game trying to bait a hi hold throw, or launcher. I also think 6H+K is the sex.

Doa_Eater

I also think 6H+K is the sex.
The best move really, fast, safe, if it hits, you got guarantee ground throw, if it is guarded just enough space for the next set up or reaction according to how the fight goes.

For now i'm really just using 4 set ups into cb and then baiting it like Shadow, any throw will do but the MDT is just a killer and such an attraction, its Lisa deja vu only much MUCH easier lol.

PacManila

Just did some time in the lab and I do get +9 on a blocked enziguri (7K). Not sure where I got the +2 from. As for the power blow, it doesn't guard break, even if charged all the way.

shinryu

Just did some time in the lab and I do get +9 on a blocked enziguri (7K). Not sure where I got the +2 from. As for the power blow, it doesn't guard break, even if charged all the way.

It needs to be the actual power blow (your lifebar needs to be flashing), not just 1p+k. If the hit wouldn't result in the power blow the guard break won't happen on block.

Going to post a new thread on force teching, I think it changes Tina's strategy dramatically. She's got to get that first hit in, but once she does she's got enormous pressure possibilities. Worth its own discussion definitely.

shinryu

We're going to get this girl to top tier yet with this shit. Check out the 6ppk 2p juggle set up in the other thread: after any launch that can get 6ppk you can guarantee a +5 situation or get an extra 9 damage and +9. 8p works too but this is much better if they tech.

Oh, and I found an actual use for the k hit throw: if you 4p+kf right away it seems like a reliable setup for the backfilp behind a rising kick. Sadly the 6k hit throw is still useless as near as I can tell.

PacManila

I have a couple questions. What do you all normally lead in with (i.e. attacks to start pressure, start your approach, etc.) and what are some good ways to open up someone's defenses? Besides baiting holds for throws, it looks like getting the hard knockdown for the force tech is very important for Tina. I often get those knockdowns off whiffs or careless approaches, but when it comes to opening up a pretty defensive opponent, I sometimes find myself stuck. Free-canceling strings doesn't seem too effective, especially when compared to its use on faster characters like Christie.

Decadence

Typing this on my phone, so please forgive brevity!

I've been using bt 4pp a lot recently. If they're still in stun from bt 7k or try to hold, the bounce is high enough for giant swing. If they mid punch hold, wait then bt throw gets hi counter easy enough that it's doable on reaction (not that idling in bt is a good idea).

I'm still a great believer in bt stance, it's more than just a shenanigan. Bt 7k is fast enough to make everything else viable as a mixup, and bt k sets up the force tech game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD