DOA 6 Sales/Shipped so far

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Regardless though the initial damage has already been done so we can only hope moving forward that TN makes the right decisions. It doesn't take a marketing genius to figure out what went wrong but we've seen poor launches from games before that turned around.

I'd really like to see how DoA6 is doing 8 to 12 months from now. If bad decisions are still consistently being made in that time frame then yeah the game deserves to die but what I'm hoping is the game is much improved in the way season 2 of SFV was.

You know before it went back to bad in season 3. Just kidding or am I?

Yep, they need to do their best listening to feedback, people won't support the game by default so it's up 100% to Team Ninja and Koei doing their work to sell the game.

Shimbori said last year he knew what people wanted, well, looks like not at all. The new director should keep that in mind and understand what the game is lacking.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Yep, they need to do their best listening to feedback, people won't support the game by default so it's up 100% to Team Ninja and Koei doing their work to sell the game.

Shimbori said last year he knew what people wanted, well, looks like not at all. The new director should keep that in mind and understand what the game is lacking.

The actual sad thing is that Team NINJA does listen to feedback a lot with regards to DOA. DOA5 & DOA6 received a lot more feedback than DOA4 or prior. The issue is a case of: "What feedback does Team NINJA listen to? The Casuals? The Competitive players? The Ryona creators? The SJW's? The closet perverts? Etc." You can't deny that TN received a lot of stupid feedback with regards to DOA6, which unfortunately would have drowned out more legitimate feedback. At times it can be hard to determine which feedback to listen to. However, this again goes back to the issue of TN not sticking by their vision and instead trying to please and cater to everybody.

The expression is: "If you try to please everybody, you will eventually please nobody". TN needs to make a stand; is DOA6 a competitive fighting game or a gacha ecchi game? I'd like for it to be the latter, because there's already DOAX games. Getting the two mixed up has always been a huge mistake.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

The actual sad thing is that Team NINJA does listen to feedback a lot with regards to DOA. DOA5 & DOA6 received a lot more feedback than DOA4 or prior. The issue is a case of: "What feedback does Team NINJA listen to? The Casuals? The Competitive players? The Ryona creators? The SJW's? The closet perverts? Etc." You can't deny that TN received a lot of stupid feedback with regards to DOA6, which unfortunately would have drowned out more legitimate feedback. At times it can be hard to determine which feedback to listen to. However, this again goes back to the issue of TN not sticking by their vision and instead trying to please and cater to everybody.

The expression is: "If you try to please everybody, you will eventually please nobody". TN needs to make a stand; is DOA6 a competitive fighting game or a gacha ecchi game? I'd like for it to be the latter, because there's already DOAX games. Getting the two mixed up has always been a huge mistake.

So far we know three times were they listened to feedback before launch:

1st: EVO players whining about females being to sexy for them and being ashamed to play DOA 5 in public. Shimbori said the new default costumes were decided due this.

2nd: People complaining about break blows to females in twitter. They decided to work in the toggle that we know due all these complains.

3rd: Japanese Xtreme players whining about breakblows to MR, Honoka and NiCO even with the existence of the toggle. They decided to censor these three for everyone.

So we have competitive players complaining about sexyness and Xtreme players complaning about violence. To me, they should show the middle finger both to western pro players and xtreme players in everything regarding to visuals.

You can't remove sexyness from the game, that would be like removing Akira Toriyama desings from Dragon Quest. Yes, gameplay would still be there for both franchises and yes, a lot western people hate everything about sexyness and Akira Toriyama designs but that are the visual traits for both Dead or Alive and Dragon Quest, if you remove them, then you have less charisma and nowadays being only a "good game" isn't enough, you know, Virtua Fighter was also a good franchise and now it's dead.

You can't also bring every single costume from Xtreme games to the main fighting titles, because then there isn't point to separate both series.

In my opinion, they should have keep all classic costumes as default costumes, they should have never have talk about smaller breast (which now we know that was a lie), global trends or toning down, they should just keep promoting the game for its gameplay and if west media asked about reducing fanservice, they shoudl just stayed adamant about it like Okubo with SoulCalibur VI.

People wouldn't have talked about them kneeling down to the SJW crowd and more people would have been willed to buy the game instead boycotting it.

Raansu

So far we know three times were they listened to feedback before launch:

1st: EVO players whining about females being to sexy for them and being ashamed to play DOA 5 in public. Shimbori said the new default costumes were decided due this.

No one was ashamed of anything, we just didn't need people on stream picking an outfit in which the character may as well have been naked. There's fan service and then there's "why is this a thing." There is such a thing as going overboard and doa5 did exactly that.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
More or less yeah. Due to years of godawful mixed-messaging marketing, TN has cultivated a messed up audience that expects DOA to be different things. Since DOA5, TN is basically made up of Yes-Men whom try to cater to all the whiners in the audience that they have cultivated. Most notably with DOA6, TN has been trying to appeal and appease everyone, which hasn't made DOA any more appealing to the general gaming public.

Do you know what was the best "marketing" for DOA6 through its whole promotional campaign? The EVO Japan "Core Values" stunt. Reason why? Because it communicated a "give no fucks" attitude from the developer, and showed that they weren't ashamed of DOA6's sexuality. They also showed that the "spectator/photo mode" can be as perverted as your mind desires if your mind swings that way. People respect that mentality. People don't respect this wishy-washy, "trying to appeal to everyone" mentality that TN has been running with DOA6. My biggest disappointment from TN was not grabbing the Core Values meme and running with it. People were digging that shit and getting into it, making DOA6 look cool for once during its whole promotion campaign since release. Such a huge missed opportunity by TN (though, admittedly they were probably more concerned at the time with un-fucking-up the lobbies for DOA6 due to the bugs it had around launch and beyond).

Last edited:

Jyu_Viole_Grace

No one was ashamed of anything, we just didn't need people on stream picking an outfit in which the character may as well have been naked. There's fan service and then there's "why is this a thing." There is such a thing as going overboard and doa5 did exactly that.

Well, that's what Shimbori said to media a few times.

I mean, yes, I agree what several DLC packs were just too much, even Itagaki said it, and things like this shouldn't exist outside Xtreme games:

https://www.checkpoint-games.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Hitomi_01.jpg

But at the end of the day, Shimbori didn't go deep about his statments and legacy costumes were relegated to just alternative costumes, pissing a lot people like me, giving the idea that these costumes were just too much for nowadays standards.

He pushed the "toning down" narrative to much that sometimes it felt like that was the main selling point of the game and that's something that damaged the game.

Warriorpluto

Doa5 right now is the most complete and had something for everyone. Doa6 doesn't have something for everyone. They had it right with doa5lr. Plus i love tag. To make tag more interesting they could've added a meter like in mortal kombat 11 to rescue you from infinite juggles. I would've loved that. I haven't bought doa6 because of no tag and no good costumes so i guess I'll wait two years for things to get hot and cooking because it's cold right now as far as doa6 goes. Plus they released it too early. The pirate costumes were lame. I don't know who even thought of adding something like that. Add some really cool costumes for once like the fighting force costumes. Those were great. Zack's cool costumes are lacking. Enough with the silly suits and pirate crap. This is what happens when Japanese companies cater to Western cultures. Ends bad all the time. The very Reason why i stopped playing Street fighter and marvel vs Capcom. Trash. Tecmo needs to get it together and if i want to fight in a bikini then let me do it. That's what made doa the best fighter in my opinion. Something for everyone.

Ninoasker

Doa5 right now is the most complete and had something for everyone. Doa6 doesn't have something for everyone. They had it right with doa5lr. Plus i love tag. To make tag more interesting they could've added a meter like in mortal kombat 11 to rescue you from infinite juggles. I would've loved that. I haven't bought doa6 because of no tag and no good costumes so i guess I'll wait two years for things to get hot and cooking because it's cold right now as far as doa6 goes. Plus they released it too early. The pirate costumes were lame. I don't know who even thought of adding something like that. Add some really cool costumes for once like the fighting force costumes. Those were great. Zack's cool costumes are lacking. Enough with the silly suits and pirate crap. This is what happens when Japanese companies cater to Western cultures. Ends bad all the time. The very Reason why i stopped playing Street fighter and marvel vs Capcom. Trash. Tecmo needs to get it together and if i want to fight in a bikini then let me do it. That's what made doa the best fighter in my opinion. Something for everyone.
Y’all should really stop sucking Japanese companies’ ass. They’re just as bad as Western ones by default. Plus, there’s things in this game far more serious than whether the costumes sucks or not. I don’t give a fuck about bikinis right now when the state of the game is so shameful. I ain’t wasting any penny on costumes for a game I ain’t even going to touch in this state.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
DOA6 isn't gonna have tag anytime soon since it wasn't a serious mode, it would be near impossible to balance the mode out with how meter works and even if they did find a way, why do all that for a mode that's not gonna be played seriously?

And DOA6 isn't catering to western culture, it's still favoring what the Japanese wants as far as the game and DLC goes. And all the guys are lacking base game costumes which isn't really surprising since it is DOA. And they'll probably add swimwear later but you act as if there isn't already revealing costumes in the game xD Not every girl has full on revealing stuff like Christie and Lisa and Nyo and Tina but the sex appeal is still there

I think you should give it more time since the game has only been out for 3 months, they'll probably change pace in season pass 2 but most fighting games nowadays have a habit of making sucky season passes with lackluster content for the first go around

DR2K

Pretty great when you factor in they didn’t really put any new work into the game. Seriously the DOA5 updates ultimate and DOA5LR released with way more content than DOA6. I’m talking about new content added in each version.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD