DOA an Next Gen Consoles

Fearless1992

Hello Everyone :) I want your thoughts on what y'all think will happen with DOA once the Xbox One and PS4 come out. Do yall think they will eventually make another game or do yall think they should just enhance what they have already done with DOA5?

Thanks,
Fearless

GeomighT

i can see them porting core fighters over to PS4 since they made vita and ps3 compatible online they can surely have ps3 and ps4 compatability (ex. FF14 PS3 PC PS4 same server ) , while then making a backwards compatible save file for retail version to unlock everything , since core fighters is getting popular by the day with lobbies peaking in the high 30's on PSN now with all these tekken / sf / etc fighters ive been coming across .... could be a great oppurtunity for TN to save this series popularity with the current momentum , besides the only way i see DoA coming to a balanced amount of consoles is if were talking DoA6/DoAxVF which i doubt well see for at least another 18months

Last edited:

synce

If the arcade version is running on PC-like architecture like PS4, I think it can easily be ported for some extra cash in Tecmo's pockets. AFAIK there's no fighting games announced for PS4, so it would be smart.

As for DOA6, I don't think they'll upgrade the character models much. It'll probably be like the leap from DOA2U to DOA4. So hopefully that means it won't be 7 years of waiting.

DeathHand

i wish they would drop the doll anime style with the next gen and use more realistic characters if not characters based on real ppl (though i love this new doa style especialy the alpha demo version) ,kinda like mass effect and resident evil

1259470717906_f.jpg

kaidan_costa.jpg

MirandaLawsonvsYvonneStrahovski-600x385.png

exemple heres this awesome trailer from doa online

as for gameplay I want less stuns, so ppl can play a bit more like vf but still keeping the triangle thing that doa is known for, kinda like only counter blows and heavy blows could put the opponent on heavy stun, that would be more fun for me, oh and a six point counter system

o_YUE_o

i wish they would drop the doll anime style with the next gen and use more realistic characters if not characters based on real ppl (though i love this new doa style especialy the alpha demo version) ,kinda like mass effect and resident evil

1259470717906_f.jpg

kaidan_costa.jpg

MirandaLawsonvsYvonneStrahovski-600x385.png

exemple heres this awesome trailer from doa online

as for gameplay I want less stuns, so ppl can play a bit more like vf but still keeping the triangle thing that doa is known for, kinda like only counter blows and heavy blows could put the opponent on heavy stun, that would be more fun for me, oh and a six point counter system
Six point counters? Then what would happen to Parries?

Chapstick

Six point counters? Then what would happen to Parries?
:8::h: or :2::h: could replace the inputs.

Also we shouldn't talk about this six point thing because I guess there was a big mess about it and I made a thread a few weeks ago asking what people thought of it and it was removed and tacked onto the locked big mess thread.

Also Angelo, I like the characters having their own faces, not the faces of famous people. :/

DeathHand

six point worked fine on doa2 arcade and reduces guessing, but Im not top player, my idea (six point and nerfers) could be stupid in ur prespective u guys probably know better ;)

:8::h: or :2::h: could replace the inputs.

Also we shouldn't talk about this six point thing because I guess there was a big mess about it and I made a thread a few weeks ago asking what people thought of it and it was removed and tacked onto the locked big mess thread.

Also Angelo, I like the characters having their own faces, not the faces of famous people. :/

lool thats cool friend, I get ur point (keeps originality on the characters), I like the direction of character art in doa5 too, it was just an idea that I like,I just miss the light and self shadows of the alpha version =( .they looked ur thread?but it was a good one... o_O

here an idea that I did,they dont need to be famous just models with charismatic faces
babe-julia2-22.png

to be honest with this rumors I hope they dont port doa5u for new gen, I prefer for them to save their money for a doa6 and this time to release a complete doa6, I dont want to buy doa6 and then after a year doa6u and then doa6u 2x....u guys get the point =P
they did a good job with the graphics in this current gen(with the exception of a few stages that look realy bad) there just no point to release a version of the game with just better graphics

Last edited:

Mestizo

Standard Donor
Would love to see a DOA5 AE or DOA6 soon after the nex gen consoles come out, odds are it will be primarily PS4 since the xbone wont be in japan for quite a while.

Personally I love the art style in DOA5, wouldn't mind seeing some DOAX2 level bust size though :D

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I know one thing, they better take some serious lessons from NRS and upgrade that dad-gummed story.

In fact, Team Ninja should plan this story to be so in-depth that it not only intertwines the story from every character's perspective, but effectively tie in events to Ninja Gaiden 4. And for the love of Christie's derriere drenched in water, please give us some awesome CGI sequences this time... or at least a kick-ass CGI intro with an attract mode.

Nameless Sama

Better Story Mode but that is not the real Point
1.For God Sake PLEASE PLEASE A BETTER NETCODE !
2. More Cliffhanger stages waht is this only 2 Cliffhanger :/
3. Full Tag Animations. I mean Fighter how know each other should have full tag animation. Ryu & Hayate even Ein and Ryu have full tag animation , Gen Fu & Brad , Ayane & Ryu , Jahn lee & Ein for example

one thing that makes me mad about doa5 is when you hit someone your hand just goes threw their face or body and if you grab or counter someone, your not actually holding them but rather the air around them, they need to be more realistic in that regard. other than that id just like to see next gen graphics ofcouse with better lighting effects cuz they suck in 5, and i wouldnt change the character models in the fear that they eff up any of my fave characters, but is it just me or did the alpha demo models look more realistic?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD