DOA Dead or Alive Movie Japanese Dub

Lorenzo Buti

Ok guys, so I manage to own this Japanese Version of DOA Dead or Alive starring Jaime Pressly, Kane Kosugi, Holly Valance, and Devon Aoki. I gotta say there are about only two language options that this film offers, the normal English with the higher quality option and one Japanese dub which sounds a lot more different than in the 3D Fighting Games. While I was listening to the character's voices, I notice that Kasumi and Ryu Hayabusa aren't reprised by Houko Kuwashima and Hideyuki Hori. They probably got like a whole different Voice Cast for this one live action movie adaptation. I kinda wonder, does anyone around here have a list of the Japanese Voice Cast who were involved with the Characters they dubbed over for this Dead or Alive movie?

Edit: Nevermind I got this down.

Here's a photograph of the DOA movie that I gladly own.

DOA Dead or Alive Japanese DVD.jpg

Last edited:

Lorenzo Buti

Ok well since no one around has listed those Japanese Voice Cast for this DOA Dead or Alive movie, I manage to locate them throughout the Japanese Wikipedia page that has their names being created. So if you don't mind, I will list down those names and try to give away the characters they voice. Let's start:

Japanese Voice Cast for DOA: Dead or Alive
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kasumi - Mabuki Ando

Tina Armstrong - Urara Takano

Christie - Rika Fukami

Helena Douglas - Rikako Aizawa

Victor Donovan - Masashi Ebara

Ryu Hayabusa - Daisuke Hirakawa

Hayate - Hiroki Higashichi

Ayane - Takako Honda

Weatherby - Toshihiko Seki

Max - Mitsuru Miyamoto

Zack - Wataru Takagi

Bass Armstrong - Katsuhiro Kitagawa

Bayman - Naomi Kusumi

Leon - Masafumi Kimura

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Yeah, I've never actually watched the Japanese version and I'm halfway tempted now. I've enjoyed the English version countless times. Highly underrated movie IMO.

Lorenzo Buti

Yeah, I've never actually watched the Japanese version and I'm halfway tempted now. I've enjoyed the English version countless times. Highly underrated movie IMO.
But did you probably know that the Japanese dub of the live action Tekken actually features some of the Voice Actors from the fighting games reprising their roles in that movie?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I agree that they probably chose Film Dub Actors for the roles to sound closer to the actors that are in the DOA movie. Would be interesting if they had the video game voice actors dub their roles instead.
Yeah it's probably better the original VAs didn't reprise their roles, especially since imo the movie was kinda a bit off of the original vibe the DOA fighting game series had.

Plus I don't think some characters would have fit their actor counterparts, Kasumi in the movie is too serious imo to have Houko voice her since she seems older than the Kasumi in the fighting games. Christie and Helena in the movie too I'm not sure their Japanese VAs would have fit either since their personalities are different

Lorenzo Buti

Yeah it's probably better the original VAs didn't reprise their roles, especially since imo the movie was kinda a bit off of the original vibe the DOA fighting game series had.

Plus I don't think some characters would have fit their actor counterparts, Kasumi in the movie is too serious imo to have Houko voice her since she seems older than the Kasumi in the fighting games. Christie and Helena in the movie too I'm not sure their Japanese VAs would have fit either since their personalities are different
Well it's funny to say that Christie's Japanese Voice Actress in the DOA movie was in fact none other than the original voice of Sailor Venus, while Christie in the DOA fighting games was provided by Sailor Moon herself. Pretty interesting huh?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD