DOA Future Thread

crapoZK

Standard Donor
In the end KT decided to cut their losses and most likely shelving the series and focus on other properties
What do they expect from having a game 5 years old. DOA5V sold very very well, but you can't expect your shit to sell better when you release the game 3 times over lmao

Banana56

Agreed, like I said before, I’m no so mad with them killing it off as it was them trying to hype it up which was messed up. Even worse when they don’t provide an actual basis over it.

It was overall tasteless.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I'm trying to remain sane at the moment. Thanks for DOA5, Team NINJA... I was hoping the scene momentum build would go straight into DOA6, and the wait seems like it might be a long one, but I am a patient individual and I will be waiting even if it means contributing to rebuilding the momentum all over again from the ground up.

Jadeinchains

At this moment I'm really interested in hearing If this is just a hiatus for the time being for doa and it will be back eventually ( I'm guessing it's just a hiatus ) And in that case when can we expect it to return.

The other thing I'm interested in hearing is that If they are apparently making a new fighting game IP, I'm interested in hearing what the plans are for what it's going to be like and about?

With all this said -

I'm trying to remain sane at the moment. Thanks for DOA5, Team NINJA... I was hoping the scene momentum build would go straight into DOA6, and the wait seems like it might be a long one, but I am a patient individual and I will be waiting even if it means contributing to rebuilding the momentum all over again from the ground up.

This.
Regardless of how I'm disappointed with what that announcement was I love the DOA series and have for a long time, Same with the community that has came around it and so whenever there is an announcement in the future for a DOA6 etc I will be happy to get hyped for it. and build up that hype again for a doa6.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I appreciate all that Tom Lee & Team Ninja have done for DOA, but I felt that the way they handled their "announcement" was a huge slap in the face to anyone that has made an effort to create, promote and support an offline scene for a niche stigmatized game or just support DOA in general in any capacity. I can't tell you how much time I've put towards trying to both rep the offline scene and produce content to ease newer players into the franchise. This announcement made me feel like I was wasting my damn time and energy trying to promote a game that just fizzles any momentum it had left.

NEC18 was an outstanding tournament. Lots of fun to watch and intense & unpredictable to the very end. Like was mentioned up above, the "announcement" was 'like being invited to a party and arriving at a funeral instead'. Definitely didn't feel like the right way to go about it. Bringing up NinjaCW a year after his passing felt misplaced too now that I think about it.

I still have faith in TN and enjoy DOA5LR, but this news is really making it difficult for me to continue supporting this game. I really don't want Tekken 7 to become my main game.

Last edited:

Xechs

So what was the announcement? that they are not going to support the game anymore?

I mean, it makes sense. DOA 5 was released 5 years ago, compared to Tekken Tag 2 that also was realeased almost at the same time, DOA5 had a good run.

KwonJigglypuff

Feeling a great sense of melancholy tonight.

EthicalMajorChinesecrocodilelizard-max-1mb.gif

Banana56

So what was the announcement? that they are not going to support the game anymore?

I mean, it makes sense. DOA 5 was released 5 years ago, compared to Tekken Tag 2 that also was realeased almost at the same time, DOA5 had a good run.

Not just DOA5 the game, the DOA franchise in general it seems

Crext

Standard Donor
Long time no see you guys.

Was pitching into the stream expecting DoA6, but instead was witness to a murder? Unless this is some high level troll (like the FF VII Remake stuff,) then this has got to be some of the most disappointing ways to go about it I've ever experienced. Pulling official support from a 5 year old game is not something anyone should be surprised about, but they kinda made it sound like good news on the twitter feed from the main Team Ninja crew themselves, (and everyone has been asking for and expecting DoA6 in almost every DoA news related articles for a while now). If there is/was no DoA6 then all those messages don't come off as anything but a funeral. They should at the very least realize that the game will live on as the last iteration if they really would chose not to continue it, and thus pulling the carped under those who remain seemed to be a very strange thing to do consider games much older are still around until this day.

Cadaveri

Would've been fucking awesome to get hyped over sc6 & doa6 at the same time... Guess one will do for now :(

KwonJigglypuff

Maybe it was their move not to make it clear ? Like, it's a marketing strategy to make fans theorize for months and months on the serie's status and then... BAM! DOA6 reveal at E3!

Or am I living in denial ? :(

But more realistically, I think they have killed the franchise's reputation with these DLCs/editions and are no ready to release a new game at the moment... too soon.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD