DOA Q&A

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I'm just trying to figure out what's salvageable since most of DOA4 tools are going to carry over to 5.

Regarding wall moves; how do you perform these? I still haven't figured them out. Are they character specific or universal? Is the input universal?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Are you referring to wall throws or character specific wall attacks.

In both cases it's just positional distance from the wall in how it triggers.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Wall attacks. Google isn't very helpful with the notations. I know Tina has one, but I can't find a place which has the notations for the moves.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
They're in the move list they just won't be selectable as sparring demonstration attacks. most of them are :4::P+K: or :7::P:.

I think in DOA4 it's Brad, Tina, Lisa, Hitomi, and Hayabusa who have them.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Alright, safe. I'll try em out in 3.2. I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of em when playing in casuals.

Also, can you slow escape out of guard breaks?

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
for Ayane those triple kicks she does in the air,are they completely safe? I know when Hayabusa does his variation he's instantly vulnerable to a low grab provided you blocked all of them,but with her I can't seem to get her back with anything

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
for Ayane those triple kicks she does in the air,are they completely safe? I know when Hayabusa does his variation he's instantly vulnerable to a low grab provided you blocked all of them,but with her I can't seem to get her back with anything

Are we talking DOA 5 here? I don't know her frame data off hand for that string. What does it say under move details when you block it?

Allan Paris

He has to be talking about 4. In 5 Busa's last kick guard breaks if you block it. In 4 Ayane's 66KKK is unsafe, but it is not a low grab. Her 9KKK is a low grab but not the 66KKK.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
3.1/3.2 was a 16 frame throw.

It's best to dash cancel after 9K in order to get 6PK. His best juggle against middle weights is the following:

4F+P9K66F6PK9P9K236P6KP2F+P

236P is doable off of 4F+P but the hit box is awkward and the relaunch as well. 9PKP is decent but sacrifices damage but you can get a guaranteed crouch dash to 2F+P off of it.

I typically only do 9PKP if the juggle height is lower than I expect once I hit the 9P or I'm at the wall and want to avoid doing 9P9K.

I've been trying out a couple of juggles and the tools he uses in his juggles make this character really fun to play. I'm not surprised that they removed or altered every single move and grab that was in any way associated with these combos and nerfed all his good tools.

I managed to do a couple of juggles on all weight classes. One really interesting thing is that I never actually needed to dash cancel, but instead could just input the dash quickly, put the stick in neutral and then do the 6pk. It works in pretty much the same way as doing the dash cancel and on all weight classes.

4F+P > 9K > 66 > * > 6PK > 9P9K > 236P > 6KP > 2F+P (* for Neutral)

There are also some really silly combos you can do after connecting 6pk, like just doing 66p+k to take the piss (just because I can) or doing an air grab after cancelling by doing 9pk > AG on lights.

Quite a lot of possibilities.

Any idea whether 214P and 46P give frame advantage on block?

edit: Also figured out you can do buffalo horn in 3.2 by just doing shoryu/electric.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
He has to be talking about 4. In 5 Busa's last kick guard breaks if you block it. In 4 Ayane's 66KKK is unsafe, but it is not a low grab. Her 9KKK is a low grab but not the 66KKK.

uh thanks now if only i could tell the difference between the two the numbers are the direction correct? i havnt tried countering any special air kicks since i learned Jann Lee's Dragon Kick can just by pass that.

if im quick enough i can get a counter from last kick it seems.thanks for the help

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I've been trying out a couple of juggles and the tools he uses in his juggles make this character really fun to play. I'm not surprised that they removed or altered every single move and grab that was in any way associated with these combos and nerfed all his good tools.

I managed to do a couple of juggles on all weight classes. One really interesting thing is that I never actually needed to dash cancel, but instead could just input the dash quickly, put the stick in neutral and then do the 6pk. It works in pretty much the same way as doing the dash cancel and on all weight classes.

4F+P > 9K > 66 > * > 6PK > 9P9K > 236P > 6KP > 2F+P (* for Neutral)

There are also some really silly combos you can do after connecting 6pk, like just doing 66p+k to take the piss (just because I can) or doing an air grab after cancelling by doing 9pk > AG on lights.

Quite a lot of possibilities.

Any idea whether 214P and 46P give frame advantage on block?

edit: Also figured out you can do buffalo horn in 3.2 by just doing shoryu/electric.
Yes you don't have to dash cancel but it's safer to do. To avoid doing 66p. Yes I do 9pk at as well depending on the situation. I can generally free style his combos by now. Here's a Good glitch for you though off of 4f+p: dash under to the other side, guard cancel to turn around and do a back turned pickup.

Additionally, he can have a nice 50-50 off 6k at wall when at slight angle.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Yes you don't have to dash cancel but it's safer to do. To avoid doing 66p. Yes I do 9pk at as well depending on the situation. I can generally free style his combos by now. Here's a Good glitch for you though off of 4f+p: dash under to the other side, guard cancel to turn around and do a back turned pickup.

Additionally, he can have a nice 50-50 off 6k at wall when at slight angle.

Oh yeah, I did actually did end up behind the AI by accident in doatecHK when the AI hit the ceiling and I dashed ahead, but it didn't occur to me that you could do a back-turned pick up.

The lack of dash cancel isn't an issue for me because I get 6pk consistently, but I'll get used to dash cancelling just for the added safety.

Allan Paris

uh thanks now if only i could tell the difference between the two the numbers are the direction correct?

You can tell the difference by the animation, take her into sparring. The one you are asking about she covers ground when she does it. She has it in a BT string, I forget what it is exactly. Just run and press :K::K::K:. It's -10 on block.

The other one I was saying you can low grab she doesn't cover any ground, she pretty much stays in place with the 3 kicks. :9::K::K::K:.

Yes the numbers are directions. If you don't know how to read them, this thread: http://freestepdodge.com/threads/letters-and-numbers.390/ and the wiki: http://freestepdodge.com/wiki/dead-or-alive-terminology/ can help you with that.

Allan Paris

Keep in mind that standard throws beat out an OH. So if you get thrown while performing an OH the damage you take will be equivalent to you getting thrown while holding. That is if you are saying, "you might want to try throwing more often" while playing with Bayman.

If you are talking about fighting against him (DOA4), then yes, throw him any time you think he is going to throw you.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Which generally means, throw when you're in stun.

Also sucks for him about the ground game glitch. :(

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD