DOA3++ Balance/Gameplay Mod

Gultigargar

Update v1.36c

-Leon's 66K follow-up interval now ends on frame 35. The updated animation did not have a follow-up in the game it was imported from, and the long recovery was thus not intended to be as safe as it ended up being with him being able to input 66KK during the entire recovery. His old 66K ended after frame 34, so I decided to make him able to delay the kick for as long as he would have been able to with the old animation.
-Hayabusa's wall 4P has had its input changed to wall 7P. This means he is now able to use his 4P string while his back is to the wall. (As a result of this and some behind-the-scenes changes has also made it so that the CPU will no longer do a glitchy 7P into 44PP, but will instead do 44P into 44PP as its supposed to.)
-Ayane can now press 1P+K to perform her unique 11 crouch backdash command. As with pressing 11 to crouch-backdash, if she holds down 1 during the move, she will travel a little further and end in her backturned state.
-Zack's PP6PP now flips the opponent over during juggles, though it will still juggle as it used to in tag modes.

I'd really like to import new critical stun animations, but am currently still looking for two things before that can happen:
1) Where the game stores how many frames of 'true' stun you go through before you are able to hold (I know this is tied to the animation number, not the stun move-slot).
2) Where the game stores the type of 'state' you are put into during the animation. (For example, if you are hit during the animation, how does damage scale, do you trigger a normal hit or a counter hit, etc.)

Sindor

Hello there!

I have forgotten this thread existed, so maybe i'm very late, but while I was quickly checking kasumi.bin through hex editor, I surprisingly found some similar stuff to kasumi.bin of DoA5LR (like throw and hold is the same construction it seems).
I worked for a year now on debunking/modify characters files from DoA5LR, so maybe (even if it seems late) my work could help a bit.

I share all I've discovered on my openoffice.ods here: https://mega.nz/file/OY9EUIqY#PbCWfy0d4qhi2nnmvrCrvOK9sdX8eIwdjPV1_JoMx20
With an understandable map color for hex workshop hex editor here: https://mega.nz/file/uJswzAwa#GuGA1hRpAkTQLnJHhJwb-DEkqI91UTTNO7fy9PXC2Yk
My original topic is on deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/sindorsf4/art/Doa5LR-chars-n-moves-customised-818273616

I hope all I've noticed on my .ods could be of any help.

P.S: I'm french native, so sorry if my english could be bad :)

Gultigargar

Hello to you too. Thank you very much for sharing. I remember people posting some of your work in the Discord a while back, and I can tell you that it has definitely helped. Among other things, your notes on the gravity values of the characters helped me find them in DOA3.

Gultigargar

Tag update: v1.37

In DOA3 they made some rather odd decisions with the game's tag mode. Unlike DOA2, you no longer had a unique input for doing tag throws. They would instead overwrite your regular throws. If you had a unique tag throw, you also no longer had the option of doing the generic tag throws instead. Tag throws overwriting neutral throws also meant that a lot of moves that would usually be considered safe were all of a sudden punishable by 60-70 damage unbreakable throws. Characters with more than one tag throw would also lose access to a 2nd throw in their toolkit, as the tag throw would overwrite it.

With this update I've taken the game back to the DOA2 style of tag throws having their own inputs. Tag throws use the slowest tier throw animation for the character using them (i6 for grapplers, i7 for the rest of the cast). Characters are able to use their regular throws without tag throws overwriting them. (The only exception is Bayman's unique 33F+P tag throw with Hayabusa, as I was unable to locate where the game overwrites his tag throw with that.)
:236::F+P+K: is the input for your unique tag throw. If your team has none, it will default to a generic tag throw.
:214::F+P+K: is the input for your generic tag throw. If your team has two unique tag throws, this will instead change to your 2nd unique tag throw.
These inputs can only be done in tag, and only if your tag partner has not been KO'd.

Since I had to go through every character and add new F+P+K inputs, I've also updated the inputs of some characters who had new/unused taunts added. Kasumi, Hitomi, Leon, Christie and Helena now have their new taunts mapped to 22F+P+K.
(646F+P+K is back to being an alternate input for 464F+P+K.)
(Jann Lee and Ayane already had taunts mapped to 22F+P+K, so their 'new' taunts are still mapped to 646F+P+K.)

Last edited:

Gultigargar

Went back and tweaked some things from the previous update: v1.37a

I spent some more time looking at DOA2U's tag throw inputs, and I managed to find the same input conditions in DOA3. Thus, I've gone back over the throws, and they now work as follows:
:6::4::F+P+K: is your generic tag throw command. It will always give the 'default' tag throws.
:6::6::F+P+K: is your unique tag throw command. If your team has a unique tag throw, this move will trigger it. If not, you will get a generic tag throw.
:236::F+P+K: is your 2nd unique tag throw command. If your team has a 2nd unique tag throw, this move will trigger it. If not, the game will not register this as a throw input.
This means you are now never locked out of your generic tag throw.

-Ayane's unique 11 crouch backdash can now only be performed with 1P+K. She now has a regular 11 crouch backdash like the rest of the cast, which lets her do korean backdashes same as everyone else.
-Ayane's 6F+P damage increased from 42 to 45. (She was the only character with a command throw with this little damage. Bumped it up to the 2nd lowest value, which is shared by a few other characters.)
-Bass's 33F+P animation from DOAD has been imported. Startup changed from i16 to i10. This hopefully makes this catch throw a little more practical to use, as the very slow startup made it very risky to try before.
-Christie's 2P animation from the DOA3 prototype imported. Christie had the least impressive 2P of the cast with 21 frames of recovery and being -5 on hit. In the prototype, she had slightly faster recovery and was -3 on hit. It's better now, but still not a good 2P compared to the rest of the cast.

Gultigargar

Another update: v1.37b

-Increased Leon's 4F+P damage from 43 to 48. (It made no sense to me that one of his direction throws did less damage than his neutral throw.)
-Leon's 6F+P animation from DOA4/DOAD has been imported. Not really a 'needed' change for him, but I like differentiating him more from Bayman by not having them share the same 6F+P.
-Leon's 33F+P.P / 214F+P.4F+P.2F+P.P punch animation from DOA4/DOAD has been imported. The updated punches just looked more powerful, so I brought them over.
-Hayate's 4P+K animation from DOA4/DOAD has been imported. Frame data is still i25.
-Hayate's 33F+P animation from DOA4/DOAD has been imported. Instead of doing 65 damage in a single hit, he now does 10+20+35 damage in 3 hits. Opponent can fall off cliffs/edges during the animation.
-Hitomi's 49F punch parry animations from DOA4/DOAD have been imported. High P parry does 20 damage, mid P parry does 5+15 damage. They now leave her at +7 frame advantage instead of +10, and the opponent is positioned closer to her at the end.
-Some fixes to Helena's Bokuho F+P launch throw. No gameplay changes, just making the throw function more accurately to how it works in DOA4/DOAD.
-Ayane's 66F+P.F+P now has a new animation borrowed from DOAD. Instead of the butt-stomp, she now goes into her DOAD jump kick hold animation, stomping twice before backflipping away. Damage changed from 20 to 10+10.
-Updated Ayane's 66P4 to match her DOA5/DOA6 frame data. Is now 22 frames long, instead of the 15 frames her 8P animation normally lasts.

Last edited:

uln

minor issue i'm going through with the v1.37b update:
- hayate's 236p and 8p+k isnt recognized in command training exercise
- unable to finish bayman's story mode, the game crashes in the lore fight vs. christie (not sure if this one has anything to do with the update but it did start to happen once i installed)

Gultigargar

minor issue i'm going through with the v1.37b update:
- hayate's 236p and 8p+k isnt recognized in command training exercise
- unable to finish bayman's story mode, the game crashes in the lore fight vs. christie (not sure if this one has anything to do with the update but it did start to happen once i installed)
Hayate's old 236P is now 1PP and PP2PP, inputting either of those will clear that part. 8P+K and 2P+K can no longer be performed, so that does indeed make his command training unfinishable at this time. I did find where the game stores the clear conditions for command training, so I might be able to fix this at some point in the future.

I knew Bayman had something that made him crash, as I had managed to trigger it once in tag, but then never again. Knowing that it also happens in Christie's story helps narrow it down, thanks. Curious that it doesn't seem to crash when you play the fight as Christie.

Reactions: uln

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I did find where the game stores the clear conditions for command training, so I might be able to fix this at some point in the future.

Nice! Need to update the four way holds and parry changes as well.

Knowing that it also happens in Christie's story helps narrow it down, thanks. Curious that it doesn't seem to crash when you play the fight as Christie.

It could be either Christie or Bayman's A.I. performing a move causing the crash.

uln

maybe this can help? this is the error code i'm running into:

Attachments

• bayman error.jpg
    bayman error.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 118

uln

Does it happen with the same costume each time? same move each time?
no, the more i looked into it, it seems random. i went to command training to find if it was a certain move but it doesn't seem to be. i also originally thought it may have been a costume error so i removed his modded costumes but it still seems to do the same thing.

do you think it's because i'm running doa3++ on the emulator?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
might be the emulator since the error alert is referencing a vertex shader issue. But Gulti plays on the OG Xbox and not the emu.

Gultigargar

v1.37c

-Fixed the Bayman crash
-Hayate 8P+K/2P+K command training condition(s) changed to 88K/22K
-Kasumi Low Parry command training condition 'removed'
-Gen Fu Low Parry command training conditions 'removed'
-Leifang Low Parry command training conditions 'removed'

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
v1.37c

-Fixed the Bayman crash
-Hayate 8P+K/2P+K command training condition(s) changed to 88K/22K
-Kasumi Low Parry command training condition 'removed'
-Gen Fu Low Parry command training conditions 'removed'
-Leifang Low Parry command training conditions 'removed'
What about middle kick jump attacks?

Gultigargar

What about middle kick jump attacks?
Those were fixed a while back. Doing a mid kick hold against a jumping kick will correctly trigger jump kick hold animations for characters who have them. Gen Fu and Leifang's parries currently do not trigger them because there's some hard-coding involved surrounding the move-slots that I haven't located yet.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I installed the latest patch for DOA3++, but now I get struck to a black screen after the "Tecmo" scene ends. Any ideas on how to fix this?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD