DOA5 Balance Footage - 07/13/12

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Just rewatched the vids. It looks like they gave an additional hud effect where an opponent is put into Critical State there is a "Critical Stun" phrase under the life bar.

The phrase flashes red if a Critical Burst will put them into the Critical Burst stun.

PhoenixVFIRE

One thing that I thought would be cool with Tina after I saw her normal throw where she just knees them, is if it left the opponent in juggle state for an air throw or small juggle. :)

Also Ayane's purple kimono dress....wow... lol watch the end of the video, are her boobs supposed to go THAT crazy? Maybe it's one of those costume "perks"? Some costumes will cause more jiggle than others? I'm assuming because that costume doesn't strap those puppies down at all compared other costumes, where the jiggle is less "there?" or obvious.

FakeSypha

a wise choice good sir. you will never have better boobs, ever... and she can fight too!
Better boobs, you say? I'm a Christie player, so I have sweaty boobs... not sure that makes them better, tho :rolleyes:
Also Ayane's purple kimono dress....wow... lol watch the end of the video, are her boobs supposed to go THAT crazy? Maybe it's one of those costume "perks"? Some costumes will cause more jiggle than others? I'm assuming because that costume doesn't strap those puppies down at all compared other costumes, where the jiggle is less "there?" or obvious.
I've noticed that too. The jiggle looks really off. I mean, it looks like the jiggle on DOAX2, which was waaaay overdone.

I wanna see more of this "balance test" matches, but with Christie in them!

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Makes more sense for a light-midweight wrestler. Although with him being so toned down it's hard to tell...

In DOA4 Bass had the F5. I suggested that he have a combo throw of a Fireman's carry from 4F+P and get multiple combo throw options that would put the opponent into different ground positions for a ground throw including: CM Punk's GTS (Face up legs towards bass), Wade Barrett's Barrett Barrage (Face up side towards Bass), and John Cena's FU/AA (Face up head towards Bass).

A little while ago I received an e-mail saying that my make your move submission was approved and I'll be in the credits. Though I made multiple submissions and they didn't tell me which move (or multiple) was approved. For all I know, this could have been it. lol

So does this mean we now have normal throw breaks in the game?

Yes, normal throw breaks have been in since DOA5a.

Also, by watching the second vid some more it looks like Tina's 6K or 6F+K beats out low wake-up kicks.

Kronin

In DOA4 Bass had the F5. I suggested that he have a combo throw of a Fireman's carry from 4F+P and get multiple combo throw options that would put the opponent into different ground positions for a ground throw including: CM Punk's GTS (Face up legs towards bass), Wade Barrett's Barrett Barrage (Face up side towards Bass), and John Cena's FU/AA (Face up head towards Bass).

A little while ago I received an e-mail saying that my make your move submission was approved and I'll be in the credits. Though I made multiple submissions and they didn't tell me which move (or multiple) was approved. For all I know, this could have been it. lol

Awesome Mr. Wah, this is a great honour to be proud according to me! :)

Doug Nguyen

Can anyone explain to me why the same throw Tina does takes more and sometimes less? And what are hi counter throws? What can they counter?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
^^ Throw become hi-counter throws when you're grabbing an opponent while they're performing a defensive hold.

It would at least add some seeing the same power bomb all day and give more incentive to use 4h+p.

Friendly warning: don't search for Bass images with safesearch off.

PhoenixVFIRE

Can anyone explain to me why the same throw Tina does takes more and sometimes less? And what are hi counter throws? What can they counter?
High Counter Throw: This means that a character was thrown out of a Defensive or Offensive Hold. Damage is increased by 50%

Counter Throw: Occurs when a Throw beats out another throws, or when a Throw beats out a charged attack. Damage is increased by 25%

http://www.freestepdodge.com/wiki/dead-or-alive-terminology/

Also, it seems they made grabs do different things at different hit statuses. So, right now it looks like if you do a certain grab on neutral/normal stance it does it's base damage and animation, if you do the same grab when they counter you get an enhanced version of the grab and it does 50% more damage. If you grab to beat another throw or charged attack, it does a slightly enhanced version of the grab. I noticed the grab being done was Tina's charge up grab from DOA4 except instead of charging to do more damage, it's just made better through different hit statuses. That's gonna be deadly.

Doug Nguyen

High Counter Throw: This means that a character was thrown out of a Defensive or Offensive Hold. Damage is increased by 50%

Counter Throw: Occurs when a Throw beats out another throws, or when a Throw beats out a charged attack. Damage is increased by 25%

http://www.freestepdodge.com/wiki/dead-or-alive-terminology/

Also, it seems they made grabs do different things at different hit statuses. So, right now it looks like if you do a certain grab on neutral/normal stance it does it's base damage and animation, if you do the same grab when they counter you get an enhanced version of the grab and it does 50% more damage. If you grab to beat another throw or charged attack, it does a slightly enhanced version of the grab. I noticed the grab being done was Tina's charge up grab from DOA4 except instead of charging to do more damage, it's just made better through different hit statuses. That's gonna be deadly.

Yeah i noticed that too. Her charged grab in DOA4 had 3 versions in it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD