DOA5 Balance Footage - 07/13/12

DR2K

In DOA4 Bass had the F5. I suggested that he have a combo throw of a Fireman's carry from 4F+P and get multiple combo throw options that would put the opponent into different ground positions for a ground throw including: CM Punk's GTS (Face up legs towards bass), Wade Barrett's Barrett Barrage (Face up side towards Bass), and John Cena's FU/AA (Face up head towards Bass).

A little while ago I received an e-mail saying that my make your move submission was approved and I'll be in the credits. Though I made multiple submissions and they didn't tell me which move (or multiple) was approved. For all I know, this could have been it. lol

I wouldn't be surprised if they just took your suggestions and spread them put to the wrestlers.

Codemaster92163

I'm sure all the characters will be good. Hell, Lisa (who sucked in DOA4) was made a lot better in DOAD. I felt as though that game was a fair bit more balanced than 4 was.

I'm definitely looking forward to this game. Can't wait!

DontForkWitMe

Man seeing the buffs the grapplers are getting makes me all the more pissed at leon's apparent exclusion. figures that as soon as they decide to make grapplers actually viable again they get rid of the only one i care about.

DR2K

Man seeing the buffs the grapplers are getting makes me all the more pissed at leon's apparent exclusion. figures that as soon as they decide to make grapplers actually viable again they get rid of the only one i care about.

Just play the superior Bayman.

DontForkWitMe

Just play the superior Bayman.
hell nah, picking bayman will only remind me of how much i'd rather be playing Leon. I mean bayman is badass and all and will break your arm in 3 different places but leon exceeds him in that he will not only break your arm but will attempt to rip it out of its socket... that kinda ruthlessness just can't be replicated by bayman. Unless mila turns out to be leon with boobs i'll be sticking with eliot who hopefully will be as much a beast as his mentor was in previous installments

Shinigamimatt

I always felt Jann Lee was brutal. Maybe not Leon brutal, but still. Pulverizing their head into a wall and then dragging them to the ground had a certain charm about it.

d3v

50% damage is the minimum each and every character in this game should be able to do.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I'm happy with the changes to grapplers. I just hope TN haven't actually excluded Leon because he was a solid character.

And they might as well buff everyone to the level of the VF characters. Now I'm glad Sega and Tecmo made the publishing deal just so that we could see the VF characters in the game, even though to me they seem very out of place.

BlackOrochi

Unfortunately, it takes more than copy-pasting to have a good VS game. I remember in Capcom vs SNK, KOF players played like SF players and it was horrible. TN is going to learn that the hard way, especially if their objective is to have the game balanced and want each character to play like in its respective game. Hopefully they'll have enough time to do things right...

OSTCarmine

Yay! My bitch is back.
lol, Tina is nobody's bitch
Tina has always had the potential to be a top tier character. I get that the same can be said for pretty much EVERY other character in the game, but there is something special about Tina. I always go the feeling that just below the surface there was a beast waiting to break loose and fuck shit up. Her throws are versatile and do craploads of damage, she has a great mixup game, she is crazy fast for a grappler (pretty much on par with Lisa imo) and she has the best boobs in the game... really! there are NO BETTER BOOBS than Tina's. This is coming from an Ayane player, mind you

TRI Mike

In my opinion, Tina wasn't top tier in DOA4 solely because of the retarded height required for the air throw and the time required for the charged OHs.

OSTCarmine

lol, with the height you need for that throw you could just as easily finish with a more damaging string instead. it was more for spectacle than anything else. now Bass... that guy could do air throws. im wondering now, were you able to do an air throw on a jumping opponent? or one that was attacking from the air maybe (think Ein's 63214K). and in the same vein - SHOULD you be able to do this?

Arnell Long

I agree Mike, so many small things went wrong with grapplers in DOA4 which ultimately kept them from hanging with the greats.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD