DOA5 Balance Footage - 07/13/12

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Honestly, even if Bass' air throw is now a hcf, I still got no problem since doing so many air potemkin busters just (which are difficult to time and not that worth it). Recently, I've been conditioning myself to add a hcf motion just before doing air throws.

Catching someone doing a jumping attack isn't new actually since it happens sometimes during King/AKing/Marduk Tekken matches. I've even been thrown while doing running kicks myself. It's just that DOA jumps aren't as floaty as Tekken jumps, so it may be possible, but rather hard to pull off. Hell, if I could air-throw a busa player while s/he teleports, that would be a pretty big game changer.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
That would be cool to have catch air throws for the grapplers.

DriftSlave

simple solution to that....DOA5 needs Shining Wizard inputs for grapplers....well maybe I think it could work.

*thinks for a moment* wait....they could do the same thing Kasumi as well for her :3::3::F+P: or While Running :F+P:...in making a air throw version for that too...lolz but that would be fairly annoying to deal with im not going to lie.

PhoenixVFIRE

simple solution to that....DOA5 needs Shining Wizard inputs for grapplers....well maybe I think it could work.

*thinks for a moment* wait....they could do the same thing Kasumi as well for her :3::3::F+P: or While Running :F+P:...in making a air throw version for that too...lolz but that would be fairly annoying to deal with im not going to lie.
Oh em gee. LOL I want it. haha....eh hem....MUAHAHAHAHAAH!

FakeSypha

In my opinion, Tina wasn't top tier in DOA4 solely because of the retarded height required for the air throw and the time required for the charged OHs.
Indeed. I was recently messing around with Tina on both DOA4 and DOAD and noticed how they improved those aspects on Dimensions. It's easier to pull those air throws (and ground grabs, too) in the later one. Even for me, that I haven't played Tina eved, lol. Also, those charged OHs cover more distance when she runs against the foe.

TRI Mike

The ground throw game for her (and Leon and Bayman) was terrible in DOA4 as well. It was pretty much impossible to pull them off against a good player.

DrDogg

Based on the E3 build, plus the changes (mostly negative) we've seen here, if Tina's throw damage remains as it is, combined with her safety... she'll be in contention for top tier. I'm okay with that, even though I don't play Tina.

So far everything I've seen since E3 has me concerned. As I mentioned before, we really don't get much out of this footage due to the level of play, but they're playing like DOA4 and we're seeing so many stuns and so many counters... it's just a real turn off.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
If I can throw people for that much damage on the norm, i wouldn't give a damn about the stun engine honestly. That would be a hilarious way to grief people.

But you just know thats getting toned down.

DrDogg

If I can throw people for that much damage on the norm, i wouldn't give a damn about the stun engine honestly. That would be a hilarious way to grief people.

But you just know thats getting toned down.

Honestly, if we take E3 build Tina and add that kind of throw damage, I think she'd be fine. Top tier... but not broken or overpowered.

Doug Nguyen

Honestly, if we take E3 build Tina and add that kind of throw damage, I think she'd be fine. Top tier... but not broken or overpowered.
Yeah very true since throws are kinda slow and are easily punished by strikes. Throws are useful against people who try to counter a lot so they deserve being thrown if so. So i have no problem with Tina's strong throws.

Based on the E3 build, plus the changes (mostly negative) we've seen here, if Tina's throw damage remains as it is, combined with her safety... she'll be in contention for top tier. I'm okay with that, even though I don't play Tina.

So far everything I've seen since E3 has me concerned. As I mentioned before, we really don't get much out of this footage due to the level of play, but they're playing like DOA4 and we're seeing so many stuns and so many counters... it's just a real turn off.
That sucks to here. How come some people are saying how this game is making lots of good changes then? Could you explain why this game is headed towards DOA4.

Raansu

That sucks to here. How come some people are saying how this game is making lots of good changes then? Could you explain why this game is headed towards DOA4.

Games are forever changing when in development. What we saw at E3 could very well be obsolete now just as by the time we got the DoA5a demo that version was obsolete by the time E3 rolled around.

Doug Nguyen

Games are forever changing when in development. What we saw at E3 could very well be obsolete now just as by the time we got the DoA5a demo that version was obsolete by the time E3 rolled around.
Yeah thats true. I liked DOA4 but thats because its the first DOA i owned but i understand there were many flaws but from what i have seen, it doesnt look much like DOA4 but thats because im not that good at analyzing games.

DrDogg

Let me first say that everything we've seen since E3 is inconclusive. No one here can say things look bad/good and be certain about it because we don't have enough information to go on post-E3.

That said, it looks like you can counter out of more stuns. I have that to be a big issue because not only does it mean the obvious, it also means that Team Ninja didn't like the fact that you couldn't counter out of the stun before. Given the fact that it was the best adjustment in the E3 build, that alone is a huge disappointment.

I also look at the build I made the videos from and the E3 build just after and see that sit-down stuns went from non-shakeable to shakeable. That is also a disappointment for me.

The recent videos also show a decent amount of counter spam and what looks to be an unchanged sidestep (something that was definitely an issue at E3).

Again, these videos are inconclusive, but these observations have me concerned. I'll know for sure very soon, but I won't be able to share that information with anyone.

Doug Nguyen

Let me first say that everything we've seen since E3 is inconclusive. No one here can say things look bad/good and be certain about it because we don't have enough information to go on post-E3.

That said, it looks like you can counter out of more stuns. I have that to be a big issue because not only does it mean the obvious, it also means that Team Ninja didn't like the fact that you couldn't counter out of the stun before. Given the fact that it was the best adjustment in the E3 build, that alone is a huge disappointment.

I also look at the build I made the videos from and the E3 build just after and see that sit-down stuns went from non-shakeable to shakeable. That is also a disappointment for me.

The recent videos also show a decent amount of counter spam and what looks to be an unchanged sidestep (something that was definitely an issue at E3).

Again, these videos are inconclusive, but these observations have me concerned. I'll know for sure very soon, but I won't be able to share that information with anyone.
Oh ok wow thats lame. Stuns are seeming not as useful. I always hated that about DOA, countering was too easily done.

FakeSypha

B-but... haven't holds being confirmed for lower active frames and increased recovery time frames? (not sure how much, tho) Or am I making this up from some wet dream about DOA? :confused:
Yeah, still a 0 frame move, so doing that won't fix all the issues with them.

Sit down stuns are still unholdable, but they're "shakeable". By that you mean they can be slow escaped?

So, what of those "good changes" we have? Critical Burst? more accessible ground game? what else? :S

DrDogg

B-but... haven't holds being confirmed for lower active frames and increased recovery time frames? (not sure how much, tho) Or am I making this up from some wet dream about DOA? :confused:
Yeah, still a 0 frame move, so doing that won't fix all the issues with them.

You can still spam holds just as easily as you could in DOA4. The changes to the holds really only impact them when used during the neutral game. In stun the use for holds hasn't changed much.

Theoretically, you can still win a match without using a single attack and without ever blocking. Not saying that would ever happen, or even that it's likely to happen, but it's something you can't say about any other fighting game.

Sit down stuns are still unholdable, but they're "shakeable". By that you mean they can be slow escaped?

Yes.

So, what of those "good changes" we have? Critical Burst? more accessible ground game? what else? :S

Changes from DOA4 or changes from the E3 build?

From DOA4, yes we have CB, unholdable sit-down stuns, improved wall game and guaranteed ground throws.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD