DOA5LR DOA5LR (1.02) Rig - COMBO VIDEO!

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor

This video is meant to shed some light on what Rig is capable of in ver. 1.02. It goes over B&B setups, Critical Burst setups, Power launcher combos (indoors and outdoors), as well as environmental combos. All the combos displayed in the video CANNOT be stagger escaped, which means that your opponent is put in a situation where he is forced to guess and risk a hold.

I hope you find this video both informative and entertaining. ^^

Special thanks to:
Artists:AXOUEL2009, DEEEZEL, REPTILES
Combo Advice: Katsuninken, dzs EmssiOne

日本語バージョンこちらへ:

KwonJigglypuff

Haha, I must admit I had no idea Rig could relaunch with that K.4K+H
I have no motivation to learn him, but thanks for the video! My friend needs it.

synce

If I could learn one more character it'd probably be Rig, he seems fun. Epic video

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
all these combo are not bad but be carrefull if you play rig with bending stance cancel (STUN--BND3K6K4--8KBS for exemple)
because if your opponent know a bit rig he can escape this without risk...;)

Kronin

This is an awesome news, it's since the starting of this Emperor Cow' series that I was waiting for a combo video dedicated to Rig! ;)

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
all these combo are not bad but be carrefull if you play rig with bending stance cancel (STUN--BND3K6K4--8KBS for exemple)
because if your opponent know a bit rig he can escape this without risk...;)

this is incorrect information .. BND3K6K4 has faster recovery than BND3K4 this is why many combos in this video work.

all the combos in the video cannot be stagger escaped even if the opponent knows Rig

@Kronin emperor cow already make an video on rig it was on the doa5 version ;)

This was not for DOA5 .. this was for the beta version a few months prior to release (this is why it is version 0.75). I only had it for a little while and wanted to show what Rig (the new character at the time) could do. I didn't even have his theme music. actually I think i might take that video down now since it is practically useless.

Last edited:

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
lol dont worry ;) i know the recovery on BND3K6K4 is better (16)
but unfortunately its not because you cant do a slow escape what you cant escape this phase...
you can defeat all possibility after this phase with "JUST FRAME HOLD" but this kind of escape need just knowledge on rig :)
if you see a rig do this bending stance cancel hold immediately middle kick and you escape all...
because if rig do the follow you hold and even if he cancel your hold recovery is finish so....

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
lol dont worry ;) i know the recovery on BND3K6K4 is better (16)
but unfortunately its not because you cant do a slow escape what you cant escape this phase...
you can defeat all possibility after this phase with "JUST FRAME HOLD" but this kind of escape need just knowledge on rig :)
if you see a rig do this bending stance cancel hold immediately middle kick and you escape all...
because if rig do the follow you hold and even if he cancel your hold recovery is finish so....

Then you throw...
what you're saying is game basics. The whole idea of the combos is to limit the opponent to 1 defensive option (Holds)... I would have thought that after 17 videos this is common knowledge already .. I guess not.

Also, what you're saying is incorrect. Most of the combos here work even with just frame holds. The only ones that may not are the ones that utilize a very slow move during a crumple stun, by which you can use a quicker alternative.

If someone is too dense to notice multiple just frame holds in their opponent's playstyle and cannot adapt with throwing then maybe they should not play DOA.

A combo video in DOA is never to be taken and copied 100%. the idea of the video is to show you the different possibilities to better understand the character and how to optimize on damage.

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

A slip stun setup I would like to add:

CH 1K (Slippery surface) - BND 6K - 66K - CB

This makes Rig god tier on Ends of the Earth. :p

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
@EMPEROR_COW if i say do a just frame hold after this "move" its because i test it
if you do that rig cant strike - throw or nothing else against the opponent so its the reason why against pro player i never do a cancel bending stance 3K6K4 because its too dangerous for rig because you lose priority in fight

conclusion :
the problem with this cancel i if you re opponent do a just frame hold rig dont have enough time to strike or throw (i love the bending stance cancel style but is useless)

@KING JAIMY this set up for CB is the best thing i find when i search tips with rig and lots of stage have slippery zone :)

SantaJessicaBr

oh, so you finally did !, i was watching your on twitch btw , please make one christie video , she is a really good character and have easy combos (well for me yes) , and nice work >.<

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD