DOA5LR Prospective Stage Discussion

Argentus

I think there will be a 2 minute trailer revealing any new moves (if there are any), win poses and costumes to come.

Never know.

It would also be cool if they added one more stage as a last minute hype booster. (Burai Zenin... BURAI ZENIN)

Lest us forget that these mods are also on consoles (Probably not PS4 and Xbox One, as nobody has found a way do mods for it yet)...

And Lest us forget that if you don't have the mod, you won't see it.

But the USFIV mods are ridiculous though. You can play Dee Jay in Zack's DOA5 C2.
Anyone else find it sad that we can only hope for the return of past stages, rather than even bother asking for new ones?

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Anyone else find it sad that we can only hope for the return of past stages, rather than even bother asking for new ones?
Nope, as Danger Zone 3 is new, and Aircraft Carrier was an entirely new stage.
Also, there are more old stages that need to be modernized.

Us not asking for entirely new stages is our fault, too. People want old stages back, and people don't really ask for brand new ones. It's not like TN told us to "F" off or anything. If we wanted brand new stages, we would ask. But it appears that a lot of people want those amazing nostalgic stages from previous DOA games, and not 4x4 square stages. It also takes time to make brand new stages.

KwonJigglypuff

It takes time to design new stages.

But if it were just me, I would add :
- An Oxfordian-esque highschool (you start on the roof, you end up in the schoolyard/many students in suits)
- Helena's office on her ship (you start in her office, you end up on Freedom Survivor's deck)
- A ballroom like in Beauty and the Beast (giant windows, enormous chandelier and gilding on the walls)
- Banpo Bridge in Seoul (danger zones trigger slippery areas and rainbow effects)

anigif.gif

Would be nice in DOA6 if every character could have his own home stage.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

It kinda sucks that we got only 2 new stages. And knowing TN we probably will only get 1 more as dlc.

As much as I liked Burai Zenin, I actually hope more that we either get Gamblers Paradise or Seaside Market. Seaside Market because it is a nice peaceful casual stage and Gamblers Paradise because it is festive and unique.

KwonJigglypuff

It kinda sucks that we got only 2 new stages. And knowing TN we probably will only get 1 more as dlc.

As much as I liked Burai Zenin, I actually hope more that we either get Gamblers Paradise or Seaside Market. Seaside Market because it is a nice peaceful casual stage and Gamblers Paradise because it is festive and unique.

I doubt we'll see DOA4 stages remade. I don't see reasons why though, but I feel like TN wouldn't recreate DOA4 stages.

crapoZK

Standard Donor

I like these stages too, but I feel like having Burai Zenin would be amazing for current gen's rain effects, and it is one of the only "Kung Fu Badassery" stages in DOA. It would also make DOA have the only fighting game with a rainy stage for current gen at the moment, though Tekken might have already added one.

Another reason for Burai Zenin: Match starts off rainy, so that means characters would already be wet, and shiny and shit. It would really show off that Soft Skin thing, you know?

It takes time to design new stages.

But if it were just me, I would add :
- An Oxfordian-esque highschool (you start on the roof, you end up in the schoolyard/many students in suits)
- Helena's office on her ship (you start in her office, you end up on Freedom Survivor's deck)
- A ballroom like in Beauty and the Beast (giant windows, enormous chandelier and gilding on the walls)
- Banpo Bridge in Seoul (danger zones trigger slippery areas and rainbow effects)

anigif.gif

Would be nice in DOA6 if every character could have his own home stage.
I want the Banpo Bridge, goddamn.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

Oh yeah I see, well in that case now I hope to see Burai Zenin a lot more :)

Also Kwon has a point, Zack Island was added for the swimsuits and Lorlei (Haunted Lorlei to be more exact) was added for Halloween costumes. If we do get another stage then I wonder what it would be for.

Maybe a Winter Christmas version of Kyoto In Bloom for the Christmas/Winter costumes? That would be pretty awesome.

KwonJigglypuff

Glad you like it Crimson.

Yeah I like the Banpo Bridge too, it brings a lot of colors and modernity at the same time.
It would also be original in the fact that it's not a square, but a very long rectangle with a beautiful view like a very long double-sided postcard in 3D.

On one side, you could see big skyscrappers reflecting on the water, on the other side you could see the immense rainbow fountains falling in the water.

1420319594-phase-4.png

Rainbow_fountain_Seoul.JPG

Banpo-Bridge-Seoul.jpg

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I wouldn't mind if Snow peaks and The white storm were brought back. The falling snow and mountain peaks were epic, and the new current gen systems could support snow and sleet very well.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
We should really make a new thread about the stages before we get warned, don't you think? I like this topic, and I'd hate to see comments get deleted, and one of these:
tumblr_lrtq9qsOrR1qm14ndo1_250.gif
(With all do respect to Selena).

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Thank you. xD
tumblr_lrqlqfPRcJ1qe1yb5o1_400.gif

Anyway, Since LR looks like the DOA2 throwback, how about L's Castle?
The_L's_Castle_1.jpg

With the option to knock your opponent into the roofed area. So if you knock your opponent off as Hayabusa by mistake, you can knock 'em back, and do your set-ups again. (If they make the roof hit-able)

Argentus

Us not asking for entirely new stages is our fault, too. People want old stages back, and people don't really ask for brand new ones. It's not like TN told us to "F" off or anything. If we wanted brand new stages, we would ask. But it appears that a lot of people want those amazing nostalgic stages from previous DOA games, and not 4x4 square stages. It also takes time to make brand new stages.
If I remember correctly, isn't Aircraft Carrier just another totally empty flat box arena, not even a real stage? And isn't Danger Zone 3 a return of the DOA1 stage(s)?

I was just teasing that they sucked at making new stages and so just bring back old ones instead lol.

Brute

Standard Donor
Aircraft Carrier is an "old stage" as it's not only a giant box, but is also imported from NG3. That is to say, they didn't have to make a "new stage" at all and just lumped it into the game in order to spite me.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I honestly think Team Ninja should have took a page from T5DR and just added some new twists to the current stages with remixed stage music. For example, Sakura would be at night, Lab would be destroyed (from Story Mode), the Street stage could've been at sunset, etc. Something to make the game feel new and fresh instead of less than a port. Sure, we get new characters and "new" stages, but if they wanted this to be the last iteration of DOA5, they could have done more in regards to stages.

No its sad when you realise there have been over 20 dlc costume packs designed and released without 1 new stage ,thru out the 4 iterations of the game . Damn the bikinis!!!! stop buying them!!! n we will get new stages! cause dlc will never stop .bet lr will have them 2 no stages just scantily clad chicks. Effing disgrace

but they can make and release 50 bikini packs gtfoh with that, stop remixing itagaki create a new true 2 doa stage period .doa 5, vanilla , ultimate n now last round !!!who re makes a game without new arenas . Its a joke after all the bullcrap dlc released

I DOUBLE-POSTED!

tumblr_maeo5dScQN1r25xgk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Rachel the fiend Slayer

No its sad when you realise there have been over 20 dlc costume packs designed and released without 1 new stage ,thru out the 4 iterations of the game . Damn the bikinis!!!! stop buying them!!! n we will get new stages! cause dlc will never stop .bet lr will have them 2 no stages just scantily clad chicks. Effing disgrace

I don't see how buying bikinis has any affect on stages being added to DOA5LR. People aren't voicing that they want more stages which is why we barely ever get any. People wanted Momiji, Rachel, Ein, and Leon in DOA5U and they got them. People wanted a beach stage and Lorlei back and they got them. Not many people really request stages, and it sucks that that is the case, but lets not go blaming swimsuits and certain other costumes when they have nothing to do with whether more stages or not.

Lets request more stages in a more respectable manner instead of blaming dlc (that sells well) as if it dictates how many and what kind of stages we'll get because it doesn't.

Last edited:

David Gregg

The problem for me is that I feel very underwhelmed with Crimson. It just feels so familiar that even in the trailer I couldn't get hyped about it. For a stage that supposedly can only be handled on PS4/X1 it looks very last gen and it doesn't help that the original already looked ugly and rundown to begin with. It's your standard 2 level stage with the only real new addition being the cliffhanger. Had they chosen another stage like Aerial Gardens or even DOATEC HK (the stage we originally thought this was) I would have been more okay with getting just 2 new stages.

Squizzo

but they can make and release 50 bikini packs gtfoh with that, stop remixing itagaki create a new true 2 doa stage period .doa 5, vanilla , ultimate n now last round !!!who re makes a game without new arenas . Its a joke after all the bullcrap dlc released

I DOUBLE-POSTED!

tumblr_maeo5dScQN1r25xgk.gif
Firstly there have been 7 new stages released since vanilla, so at least make a cursory effort to get your facts straight next time.
Secondly the amount of dlc packs, bikinis or otherwise, has no impact on whether or not TN releases new stages. Buying costume dlc helps fund TN and actually makes it more likely that we will get new stages.
Thirdly check your attitude. In the few posts you have made on this board you have been nothing but highly negative and hostile towards the game and other users and had your posts deleted. Also you could at least make some effort to use proper grammar to make your posts semi legible. Joining a community just to spread vitriol, while typing like a dyslexic child won't earn you many friends very quickly.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD