DOA5U DOA5U 1.03 Patch

Brute

Standard Donor
No, we have a few people who are quietly doing work and are making solid suggestions. Emphasis on quietly.
Knowing every match-up with complete accuracy would require knowing every aspect of the game. Every-single-one. Nobody does. Not even TN. Like you said, they have "solid suggestions." Suggestions, for the record, are not complete. Suggestions are theories based on observation. And that's what they have. That's what a lot of people have, only to varying degrees. Thus, if anyone has any recommendation or insight on a buff/nerf, by the prerequisite that they have complete match-up data, there is not a single soul who is qualified to suggest any nerf or buff. You're talking about degrees (interval), not binary variables. By saying "ENTIRE cast at match-up level" you are saying "Complete (entire cast) match-up knowledge = 1" Again, complete being every-single-thing accounted for, which no one has. So obviously, that variable is always 0. For everyone. At least right now (and feasibly forever).

HoodsXx

Knowing every match-up with complete accuracy would require knowing every aspect of the game. Every-single-one. Nobody does. Not even TN. Like you said, they have "solid suggestions." Suggestions, for the record, are not complete. Suggestions are theories based on observation. And that's what they have. That's what a lot of people have, only to varying degrees. Thus, if anyone has any recommendation or insight on a buff/nerf, by the prerequisite that they have complete match-up data, there is not a single soul who is qualified to suggest any nerf or buff. You're talking about degrees (interval), not binary variables. By saying "ENTIRE cast at match-up level" you are saying "Complete (entire cast) match-up knowledge = 1" Again, complete being every-single-thing accounted for, which no one has. So obviously, that variable is always 0. For everyone. At least right now (and feasibly forever).
But but... PL. :rolleyes:

hollow

i wonder why TN didn't list that Ryu (apparently) lost one of his GB after the patch and that Ayane's basic pppkk combo you can actually tech from again o.o anyone else know any "new" discoverys about a character?

HoodsXx

Which GB did Busa apparently lose? And you could always tech after pppkk / 66pkk after being knocked down from it. o.o...

hollow

Which GB did Busa apparently lose? And you could always tech after pppkk / 66pkk after being knocked down from it. o.o...
idk because i dnt use him but my friend composite lotus (and he uses ryu and has been since doa4) said he lost one of GB and i mean ik you could tech up but it wasn't instant like in vanilla, u had to wait until basically she was on the ground and in your face again for u to be allowed to get up x.x now its back to normal

Brute

Standard Donor
But but... PL. :rolleyes:
Who also does not know every last nook and cranny of the game.

He didn't, as far as I can tell.
6KP/ongyoin8P is still +9
66K is still +4
BT P+KPP/ongyoin PPP is stil +5 to +15
4P+K is still +5 to +15

Maybe he's talking about going from DOA5 vanilla to 5U in which case yeah, he lost 4PK/PP4PK, 3H+K, KK, some frames on 66K etc.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Okay so while they are fixing that hilarious glitch I hope they decide to tweak more characters.

Is there something I'm not understanding about Kasumi? Her moves are completely unsafe and I did expect this to be taken care of. A lot of people are complaining about her, and after going through her frame data and moves I can understand why.

I watched TenjinShadow play his heart out at TFC against Eman with her, and he did well... but I'm starting to think Kasumi is required to work way too hard for the nice damage output.

She's a fucking ninja! I want to throw a fit when I'm beating her up. Right now I'm just walking all over her. Not cool.

Brute

Standard Donor
Kasumi being unsafe makes sense to me. She has some of the best string mix-ups and speed in the game, good crushes, good throw punish options for those who try to counter out and has a mid parry. The idea, I think, is supposed to be "You're at hella advantage at neutral and have far more options than most to get in. If you mess that up, you deserve to be punished for it by lack of safety.

Guaranteed damage is a different issue. But y'know.. DOA.

Pictured Mind

Rachel is cool. If anything, this is a reason for me to play her more because she's harder so I don't look like a braindead retard when I play her.

Blackula

character themes are on for everybody lol
i think the music selector made the stages in this game seem so much more epic and lively, circus stage is amazing with amped up DOA2 ost.

I would like it if you could do like in TTT2 and set music to certain stages. I like the character themes and all, but it only plays the themes of the people playing and doesn't shuffle through everyone's themes.

Darth Vader

Fuck this piece of shit fucking game. Team ninja doesn't care about its fans & does/ nerfs whatever the fuck they want.

Kronin

Someone could please say me if with the system changes listed in the patch, now similar infinites are not more possible in the game?

(Infinity start to 1:20)

(Of course just the second combo is an infinity)

It's only a compatibility pack since the last time I checked.

Thanks for the clarification :)
However this mean that they are planned to arrive soon with a DLC pack on the Japanese PS3 (maybe together with the Kasumi's Rangeki Ace Odissey outfit?).

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
TN still didn't give Akira's guaranteed hit from his 16 grab. All TN had to do was nerf the damage not take it away. That was one of Akira's good essential tool for the lack of tracking to up his throw game. And with the removal of 2P > 66P hit plus the added unneccessary recovery frames made it even more of a mess. I'm highly sure SweetRevenge, Galen & Brute will agree with me on this.

Just remember that sometimes you can't adapt to certain situations if the odds are in your opponent's favor by a huge chunk with certain characters.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD