DOA5U DOA5U 1.03 Patch

Drake Aldan

mad[1].jpg

Batcommander

Ugh, they FINALLY fixed a lot of Pai's input issues, such as the 66P+K one as well as her 3P constantly turning into 33P without ever doing the second input.

So many combos dropped because of those old issues, so it's nice to see they've been fixed.
Is there another patch notes list somewhere or are people just finding this from labwork? If so, i need to hit training mode to see if anything is new for Lisa.

Codemaster92163

Is there another patch notes list somewhere or are people just finding this from labwork? If so, i need to hit training mode to see if anything is new for Lisa.

The 66P+K one was mentioned, but the 33P one was a stealth fix. So there are very likely more changes that they've not mentioned, considering they fixed several unlisted issues with Pai.

Brute

Standard Donor
Why? Because a lower high tier character is now mid (or based on what Matt told be, a mid tier character is now bottom)?
lol

Moving on, 5U can basically be viewed as a giant mega-patch. If it fucked things up balance-wise, we had every much a right to complain about it as you do to complain about this patch. But if I say "I miss Ryu's 4PK being +on block" you say "adapt." But when a far more ridiculous skill gets toned down far less, you complain. There is no logic in your approach.

RoboJoe

66% of the time Rachel's at huge advantage with the final 33% she's at serious disadvantage. Compare that to the previous 100% small advantage and add in fast high and low OHs and I think Rachel will be getting more advantage more often than before where everyone and their mother always teched.

Brute

Standard Donor
I would call switching to a character that wasn't ruined by scrubs a form of adaptation.
By that broad of a definition than simply existing when anything changes is a form of adapting. Tell TN to changes something? Adapting. Disconnecting your opponent's controller when (s)he is winning? Adapting.
Call it what you like, but it's a pretty humorous thing to do when you've been justifying silly gameplay design choices by repeating "adapt" for several months.

d3v

lol

Moving on, 5U can basically be viewed as a giant mega-patch. If it fucked things up balance-wise, we had every much a right to complain about it as you do to complain about this patch. But if I say "I miss Ryu's 4PK being +on block" you say "adapt." But when a far more ridiculous skill gets toned down far less, you complain. There is no logic in your approach.
Because there's a difference between an update and a patch, in that the community can simply choose to reject the update, but not the patch.

Just like when Capcom removed Urien's unblockable in 3S rev.B or roll cancels in CvS2. We all just said "eff that" and stuck to the versions we liked.

Number 13

Every time a balance patch happens for a fighter there will be people who are glad about the changes and people who are disappointed about it. Nothing new. That is the nature of tweaking to attain a greater equilibrium and make the game more honest. Whether the patch does that is open to independent interpretation.

As for Rachel specific case she could have turned out a lot worse and that is saying something when compared to a lot of the other playable roster.

Still not good enough. Not yet.
I feel you, especially since Ein was missing in vanilla DoA5.

d3v

As for Rachel specific case she could have turned out a lot worse and that is saying something when compared to a lot of the other playable roster.
Remains to be seen. What I'm worried about is the fact that anti-Rachel tech was slowly but surely being made and the fact that she already had existing hard counters in the game (anyone else who was top tier). Something that seems minor now might be a big deal in the long term.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Because there's a difference between an update and a patch, in that the community can simply choose to reject the update, but not the patch.

Just like when Capcom removed Urien's unblockable in 3S rev.B or roll cancels in CvS2. We all just said "eff that" and stuck to the versions we liked.

Come on man, lets be a bit realistic here.
Rachel's stomp game was way too win/win whether it hit or miss.
It can't work like that.

Coming from SF .. you don't get that after a knockdown. Unblockables are planned to be removed, and theres always a way to turn things around thanks to invincible/unthrowable moves. option selects cover many options yes but not ALL options...

Rachel's stomp was silly and I'm glad they realized it.
There's no adapting when theres nothing to adapt to!

as for the changes to alpha. we all know shes on crack cocaine. loosing that bit of advantage is also reasonable as it makes her more of the speed character she is and it forces the player to commit more rather than just throwing shit out blindly. I would also like to point out that the -4 is still unthrowable.

as for the rest of the bug fixes ... as they mentioned .. they were bugs and not intended to be used in the manner they are being used now, including Leifangs uncharged PL.

I for one am very happy with the fixes ..

synce

Why do I keep expecting Team Ninja to not make a game for pussies? This may be the first patch for any fighter that's 100% nerfs. Back to Tekken

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD