DOA5U - Akira Thread (Combo Challenge, Changes, Combos)

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate: Akira Combo Challenge

I'm actually very proud of myself. Not too long ago, half of these combos wouldn't even have been attempted. I sincerely feel like I've leveled up my gameplay with Akira significantly. Anyway, since there's no demonstration option for the moves, I posted his completed combo challenge to help others see what they have to do.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate: Akira Combo Challenge

I'm actually very proud of myself. Not too long ago, half of these combos wouldn't even have been attempted. I sincerely feel like I've leveled up my gameplay with Akira significantly. Anyway, since there's no demonstration option for the moves, I posted his completed combo challenge to help others see what they have to do.
Good Job Man! :) I would upload mine but i don't have a capture card.. </3

Starting a combo with simply p+k? If they didnt change the properties on that move, thats a horrible recommendation team ninja.
I didn't really like it.. If you miss it's unsafe and leaves you open now. Also, :214::P: into CB isn't guranteed anymore. Same goes for the :P+K: combo grab. And now It's easier to pull off :236::P+K: combo grab now.

I will be diving into the game monday evening when I get back into the states.
Good! Then you can work with me on this thread if you want! Anyone else can join in to! Plus you can take my #1 Rank with Akira on the Leaderboards. I still don't deserve it yet. Lol.

Ghosty-J

5 hours total of trying to wrap my head around this challenge is frustrating me like crazy. :214::6::P: always comes out as his sitdown mid and :1::1::6::P: never works. :4::6::3::P: is the only method that makes the palm move execute, but the recovery frames on :2::H+K::P: keeps it from making contact or doing the move too soon would force a :3::P: to come out.

I tried to weasel my way out of it by doing a small dash after :6::4::F+P: so I'm in range to land a solid :2::P:,:2_::4::6::P: since most fighters with challenge modes will let you add any kind of trick in there so long as all the moves are done in order. But in DoA5U's case, I have to be perfect. This is getting really stupid.

Ghosty-J

Still no dice. I'm thinking of quitting actually. I won't get a thing out of it and it stopped being fun ages ago. I nearly fell asleep doing the same thing over and over, so it's just as well. Guess I'll let it haunt me for the rest of my life not completing all his challenges then :V

LoK N Ki

Seems you have to wait a really long time before being able to do the move, and you can't buffer it at all.
When it does come out it whiffs.

Ghosty-J

Seems you have to wait a really long time before being able to do the move, and you can't buffer it at all.
When it does come out it whiffs.
Exactly. Even the challenge with the four knees has easier timing than this...

You can buffer it. If you look at my video closely, you'll see. Granted the inputs are a mess because I was doing it on pad but I pressed :1::1::6::P: for it to come out.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
When you get to the critical burst dash up and do :H*+K:. Time the next:H*+K: a split second after that one. You should then do :6_::P: instead of just a :P:. The :6_::P: actually moves him forward. I like to hold :6_: after the knees to get slight forward movement

This is exactly what I did.

Also I made an error with the knees 3x input. You "Can" do 3x knees on heavy weights but limited to certain combos only.

EDog21

That instant palm on last combo is pretty tight on timing. I had to look at fingers to make sure my thumb wasn't sliding in useless directions from trying to go so fast after the last jf knee. I used :4::6::3::P: and it had to be perfect and fast, or it was Not coming out after last kick. Could not have any other inputs when move came out came out for me. There's also a split second pause after last knee that you need i think. Difference between you hitting the instant palm, and them hitting the floor is a tight small window.

After looking (not attemtping) his combo challenges, how on earth is it possible to perform so many :H*+K:'s in a row?

LOTS of practice lol. It helps if you can get tips on how to do it. I use a pad to do it while others strictly use arcade sticks to get it. Either method takes considerable time and effort into learning. Really essential to his game as it has relaunch properties when juggling.

LoK N Ki

I've been trying to learn it on an arcade stick for a few days now, getting it more often than not.

P-K
H

On a stick i press/smack my thumb on the H and the middle finger on the K and twist my wrist forward, this way i force my thumb to leave the H as soon as possible while still pressing the K button. If you are familiar with the technique plinking, it feels a bit similar with the button presses...only you have to hold the H really only 1 frame.

I've tried to press H+K where my thumb is slightly indented and then twist wrist forward but sometimes i've indented thumb too much and just press the kick. So the gentle approach wasn't for me xD

I'm no pad player so can't tell you anything about that, but maybe you can map buttons where you can slide thumb fomr H+K to K. Or play with the fingers above the facebuttons, you can basically "type" the buttons then.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD