DOA5U "Blacklist"

Codemaster92163

I've never really been fond of these sort of lists, though. It's nice to see yourself on it, but everyone will complain (even I have a few problems with it) about who belongs where, blah blah blah. Knowing this is the internet, I'm sure people will argue, but hopefully it's not too bad.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Yes, I agree you are the Mokujin of DOA, Steady. I'm not under genfu even though I've won tournaments with him but meh.

Also, Force of Nature needs to be on the Ayane listing above most of whose under me because he's competed offline and won about 3 tournaments. He has also traveled to tournament majors and his Ayane is improving for sure. He's good. Aelivia and gill hustle should be on the list as well.

Aelivia is someone I've trained, she's also learned a lot on her own and is considered one of the best Ayane players on PSN. gill hustle is improving, and he's traveled offline several times as well.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I took a quick look at the doc and it's already being edited with random nobodies taking up slots. In other words, open docs like that just have people putting their friends on there. If this is being done for whatever reason it shouldn't be open. It'll never work, not that I think this sort of thing should be done at all.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Only part of it is accurate, most is fraudulent for reasons you mentioned. Most of us already know this. I am just surprised that some of it is actually very accurate though.

His Reverence

Papa Reverence, the Ayane Enthusiast.
Premium Donor
Most are Xbox players. The list comes from one dude that focuses mostly on a single console. That causes inherent issues. Now, you got randoms editting it.

Unless its a list exclusively for offline tournament players, the list will always be flawed.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Yeah I looked at it & then seen the posts on Facebook. You knew that it was going to cause some kind noise.

Codemaster92163

Even for offline only, it'll be flawed. Any such list is sort of a pointless exercise where everyone wants their friends to be on, regardless of how good/bad they are. But it's been made, and it's been seen, so there's not much we can do now except to grin and bear it.

Brute

Standard Donor
If you judge it by offline, what you'd be looking at doing is judging tournament results. But obviously then 70% of the character roster is fucked because no one ever places with them.

I see this as more of a rep thing, as in "Player X is known for their exceptional character Y." But obviously, flaws have been pointed out in using it for that as well.

In general it's just some names and pictures.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
If you judge it by offline, what you'd be looking at doing is judging tournament results. But obviously then 70% of the character roster is fucked because no one ever places with them.

I see this as more of a rep thing, as in "Player X is known for their exceptional character Y." But obviously, flaws have been pointed out in using it for that as well.

In general it's just some names and pictures.
It's drama bait, is what it is.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I took a quick look at the doc and it's already being edited with random nobodies taking up slots. In other words, open docs like that just have people putting their friends on there. If this is being done for whatever reason it shouldn't be open. It'll never work, not that I think this sort of thing should be done at all.

Well, as far as I know you can only comment on who you think should take a particular spot on that spot. Regardless I can agree with it being stupid if it's used as a popularity contest, but I also think it could be a good tool for new players to reach out to other players, and just throwing top 2 players from tournaments isn't really enough because some are not willing to help. That's another thing I can understand, if the intention is to make money at tournaments.

And @Brute ... my bf nominated you, @CyberEvil, and the amazing but vocal @DontForkWitMe.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD