DOA5U Combo Potential - Bind/Bound State

TakedaZX

-thy snip-
Exactly what I'm saying. It makes it to where you don't have to juggle that way but if you want to you can and it gives another element to juggling. 3kp across the map into the FT setup, go for the backflip setup for wall damage, or ground bounce into the throw. But that's just straight out of the juggle.

I can't exactly run the combos you said right now but if you were talking about the moves that just push the person onto the ground on their backs and their feet fly up and the combo extends, that's another element.

I'm going to the bank, i'll finish this post in a few.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Yea the VF chars do have them.

It's just bizarre to see a DOA character juggle in this manner. I'm all for it though.

The crowds in Philly love watching Sarah do her stuff.

TakedaZX

Just for the hell of it I moved on to speculating on other characters some possibilities for post bound situations.

Kokoro

CB! :7::K: :5: :P::6::P: :5: :P::K::P: B! :5: -dash- :2::P+K: (low relaunch) :5: BT :2::K::P:
CB! :4::P+K: :5: :3::K::4::K: B! :5: -dash- :7::K: (flipping relaunch) BT :P::6::P::6::P:
CB! :2::P+K: :5: :4::P::K::P: B! :P+K: (Might be the wrong notation, but relaunches) :5: :6::6::P+K::P+K: :~: :P+K:

Brad Wong

CH :1::K::K::K: B! :5: BT :6::K: (scraping relaunch) :5: BT :6::K: :5: BT :1::P: :5: :1::P::K:
CB! :214::P: :5: :6::K: B! :5: :1::K::K: (low sweep relaunch) :5: BT :6::P+K: :5: BT :1::P::K:
CB! :214::P:
CB! :3::3::P: :5: :1::P::K: B! :9::K: (Good Relaunch) :5: :P+K: :5: :6::K: :5: :1::P::K:

Kasumi

New (Speculated) Notations

New 66K follow up - :6::6::K::4::K:

CB! :3::3::P: :5: BT :P::6::P::P: B! :5: -dash- :7::K::6::P+K::~: Hoshinpo :K::K:
CB! :236::P: :5: :6::6::K::4::K: B! :5: :3::P+K::K: :5: :K::K::P: or :7::K::P+K:
CB! :3::3::K: :5: :6::6::K::K: Ground Bounce Bind :5: :3::3::P: :5: BT :2::P: :4::P::K::K:
CB! :9::K::K: B! (Launch to Bind) :~: :6::K: (relaunch) :~: :P::P::P::P::P:

d3v

Exactly what I'm saying. It makes it to where you don't have to juggle that way but if you want to you can and it gives another element to juggling. 3kp across the map into the FT setup, go for the backflip setup for wall damage, or ground bounce into the throw. But that's just straight out of the juggle.

I can't exactly run the combos you said right now but if you were talking about the moves that just push the person onto the ground on their backs and their feet fly up and the combo extends, that's another element.

I'm going to the bank, i'll finish this post in a few.
I think you quoted the wrong person. All I said was that the term you were using was wrong.

TakedaZX

I think you quoted the wrong person. All I said was that the term you were using was wrong.
That, I did. But I did use the terms bind and bound when talking to people that have played Tekken or maybe haven't. It's used loosely apparently in the community, (so I've seen) even though I generally say bound anyway, so technically I'm not wrong. It's just the word bind, actually doesn't mean the same thing as bound in the first place, they just sound alike so that's where it even got mixed in.

Bind would be to tie something to the ground. Closest thing to that would an untechable, but untechables aren't binds, they're untechables and they're not technically locked to the ground because that next hit will send them flying.

Bound means to hop, skip, or "bounce". That's closer to what I'm looking at. But yea in the end I'm mostly just looking at more ways to combo with the characters. Ground bounces, bound animations like the one from the video/tekken, more hits that will put the opponent into that flip knockdown animation like Hayate's 66PK used to do in DOA4, and most of all more unique stuns.

Ghosty-J

As a VF5FS and Tekken 6/Tag2 player, I'm all for bounds in DoA so long as they can promote more guaranteed setups. It's probably another way to avoid trying to fix the deep stun system, but we should probably start kicking and shouting so they actually do something about it to help make the game a little less random and luck-based.

uyko112

As a VF5FS and Tekken 6/Tag2 player, I'm all for bounds in DoA so long as they can promote more guaranteed setups. It's probably another way to avoid trying to fix the deep stun system, but we should probably start kicking and shouting so they actually do something about it to help make the game a little less random and luck-based.
I totally agree :)

TakedaZX

Appreciate the feedback on the idea. I'd like to explore other types of knockdowns/bounds as well. If people remember, there were some knockdowns like 66PK from Hayate in the last game. It sent the person flipping in the air and when they hit the ground they had an untechable bounce happen, allowing for a 8p follow up into a juggle as if it was a launch.

Of course... the launch is better now than it was then, but this would be a nice for mid juggle situation, if you catch my drift.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
can't believe I forgot to mention that Pai's (hakkeshou) P creates the same situation ...

Example:
6KP 3/9 P+K > (hakkeshou) P > 6KP7K ... (I happen to love this string .. ) :)

TakedaZX

can't believe I forgot to mention that Pai's (hakkeshou) P creates the same situation ...

Example:
6KP 3/9 P+K > (hakkeshou) P > 6KP7K ... (I happen to love this string .. ) :)
True that, yea so if anything I guess they're just making a sort of new form of launching, or rather introducing that type of knockdown deal... which in the end just works like a launcher. It makes me hope they consider making ground bounce launches come back for a LOT of characters.

For example, launching with 214K for Hayate, 1KK for Ein/Hitomi (3h+k is fine as just an untechable knockdown for her since she has 8h+k now anyway), 9K is already a ground bounce launcher for Kasumi on threshold break, 4k for Ayane, and so on.

Unique launchers and aerial rebounds just would make room for more creativity, and maybe even longer juggles so that for all this "stunning" we end up doing, you could probably get a better pay off.

But oh well, maybe I should've made this a little poll. I expected a little more of a discussion from more people overall.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
True that, yea so if anything I guess they're just making a sort of new form of launching, or rather introducing that type of knockdown deal... which in the end just works like a launcher. It makes me hope they consider making ground bounce launches come back for a LOT of characters.

For example, launching with 214K for Hayate, 1KK for Ein/Hitomi (3h+k is fine as just an untechable knockdown for her since she has 8h+k now anyway), 9K is already a ground bounce launcher for Kasumi on threshold break, 4k for Ayane, and so on.

Unique launchers and aerial rebounds just would make room for more creativity, and maybe even longer juggles so that for all this "stunning" we end up doing, you could probably get a better pay off.

But oh well, maybe I should've made this a little poll. I expected a little more of a discussion from more people overall.

I don't think flops would create longer combos per se... at least not in single mode. if you notice, a flop only happens to a character which is grounded. so you may be able to follow up but with limitation (height from follow up juggle does not change regardless of the situation). Think of it as an alternate way to launch and juggle for guaranteed damage.

In tag mode however, you may be able to add a few more hits here and there through tag canceling. but in reality, lets say your flop move is a mid K ... most likely your character would have a mid K launcher as well ... giving you much more juggle potential. Granted, move speeds differ and the flop (or launch) may be part of a stance or string making them more practical at points... so it ends up being a case-by-case evaluation...

for example:
with Akira...
he has 9K as a high launcher and he has 46P as a high flop ..
- 9K would be useful as a launcher+ low crush vs say Rig who hardly has any high crushes... but its much slower than 46P.. and its not a practical move (or a safe move.. ) to just throw out like that .. .
-46P is faster. guaranteed after a 6P+K guard breaker... (or even a 2P+K guard breaker when near a wall.. which functions as a high crush too)..
So, if my opponent was in stun, I might consider the 9K option if i expect him to go for a mid hold .. but in other cases I would consider the 46P flop for a quick guaranteed set up.

same thing with Sarah ... 1K launcher would grant you much more damage than 4H+K flop... (despite them being both mid Ks )
but 4H+K is -8 and 1K is -15 ... (not to mention that from a certain distance your 4H+K can connect out of throw range) ...so... again .. you have to weigh your options ..
in stun ... 1K ... out of stun and from a distance i might consider the 4H+K option ... but it may not be the ideal poke ... 8H+K is a low crush and -6 on block and gives you a nice juggle too ...

vINv

Why would TN put in a new mechanic? What happened when they put in sidesteps... Oh thats right! Nobody fucking uses them. TN is stupid but not that stupid; but then again.
Why would TN put in a new mechanic? What happened when they put in sidesteps... Oh thats right! Nobody fucking uses them. TN is stupid but not that stupid; but then again.
If you think that ur a ROOK i SS all the time liner moves against lei fang and zack and new combo system thats a BFD coming from tekken that would give me a huge edge i hope it happens does anyone know doa5u is an udate or is it a new disque?

vINv

Also in regards to what mr cow said u cant make that kind of speculation with out knowing what new moves they are going to encoperate into the game as well the properties this alleged Bound system they may b puttting into the game it would make for longer combos if it is truly set up like tekken then they might change move properties on certain chars bounding post launch post cb changes the scope of the game entirely makes the mix up of launch grab or cb or reset way more threatning game needs this despratly also add a better back dash and better side step much needed part of the reason why tekken is more succesful then this game

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Just remembered that Scramble has something similar to what the statue appears to do, just without the knockdown (which might actually act like a Sit Down Stun via Ceiling Hit because Kasumi was able to extend the combo).

TakedaZX

Just remembered that Scramble has something similar to what the statue appears to do, just without the knockdown (which might actually act like a Sit Down Stun via Ceiling Hit because Kasumi was able to extend the combo).
It does but it's a stun, not a knockdown. I don't believe it was the statue still, but it will be interesting to find out if it's the oki that's changed or if it's just the factor of a new flop launcher.

But like I said guys, it's just an idea that dropped into my head for mid combo stuff. I say bound because Tekken has a word for it but they were probably not the first people to do it. Flop launchers were done in VF and the mid air ground bounce... well I can't speak on that but DOA already has had some of it as Emp_Cow has mentioned and as some of you have already scene.

I would like to see ground bounce launchers back for some characters and just missing launchers in general. 1KK for Hitomi... wait... deja-vu did I say this already? But yea 1KK for Hitomi, 4KK for Hayate, etc. Whatever though.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I didn't exactly clarify myself. I meant if the statue was the one initiating the knockdown the knockdown acted more like a Sit Down Stun rather than an actual knockdown because the Kasumi in the video was capable of continuing her combo with a 7:K::P+K:. It seems similar to how landing after taking a ceiling hit also puts you in a Sit Down Stun even though the animation shows the character in the stun is lying on the floor as if they were knocked down.

TakedaZX

I didn't exactly clarify myself. I meant if the statue was the one initiating the knockdown the knockdown acted more like a Sit Down Stun rather than an actual knockdown because the Kasumi in the video was capable of continuing her combo with a 7:K::P+K:. It seems similar to how landing after taking a ceiling hit also puts you in a Sit Down Stun even though the animation shows the character in the stun is lying on the floor as if they were knocked down.
Well it is still all speculation.

In my opinion if I were to assume anything, I'd assume it's a new type of untechable knockdown and changes to the games oki (or rather the addition of true oki) to the game, but that's just me, but I don't really think it's a stun... but who knows... we'll see for sure soon enough.

But yea I understand what you're saying. I'm really interested to see if it's really a big thing, this little situation Kasumis sparked up.

Rapham0n

@TC:
No. Just no. I moved away from Tekken for the very fact that there is just way too much juggling in that game. The state that Tekken is in now each and every match is nothing more than a juggle fishing contest. Not to mention the juggles are just way too damn long. If you get juggled you have enough time to go and make a cup of coffee/tea and be back just in time for the juggle to end and your health to be emptied by that one juggle. Tekken is in desperate need of a "Combo Breaker" system, such as the one seen in Mortal Kombat (2011). When 85% or more of your life bar can be taken out by a single juggle then you know something is very wrong. That is the state that Tekken is in at the moment.

If Team Ninja turns DOA into a juggle fest then you can count me out. That crap is boring as all hell. I'd much rather watch opponents counter each others moves with holds (which is very entertaining) than sit through a juggle fest (which is boring).

There is absolutely no need to extend the juggle potential in DOA5.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD