DOA5U Combo Potential - Bind/Bound State

TakedaZX

Well, we've all see the recent trailer of DOA5U's gameplay debut. If you haven't check it out here.

So basically the footage revealed some gameplay of Momiji sporting an Akijitisu style and Kasumi with some new tech on her Hoshinpo. Later on in the video, after the dangerzone was activated, a situation arose. Kasumi landed a 66KK sitdown stun then linked together what seemed to be some sort of new follow up to 66K(66K4K, 66K6K?) that put Momiji into a grounded state where after Kasumi followed up with a dash in 7K~P+K. Raansu was so kind as to offer us a small gif of the situation.

k1of3qH.gif
Now this isn't an argument about whether the hand caused it or Kasumi caused it, but rather the... what if this was the norm? What if ground slamming techniques offer a bind state like in Tekken.
A bind state is basically when an opponent gets hit hard into the ground and are put into a state where they can be juggled by mids that pick them up off of the ground and can give a possible relaunch situation. This could really upgrade the entire game's juggle potential for all characters.

In anticipation I decided to speculate some possible juggles for some characters.

These aren't official at all, it's just ideas

:hayabusa:Ryu Hayabusa

• :8::P::5::6::P::5::3::P::P::5::P+K: CB! :5::4::K::5: Ongyoin :K::5::6::K::P: B! :5::1::P+K: (Full Charge). This could come out to about 120 Damage on NH which is still below the Shoho Izuna ender (126 Damage).
  • :8::P::5::6::P::5::3::P::P::5::P+K: CB! :5::6::K::P: B! (Launch to Bound), :3::P+K: (Special Flip Relaunch) :5: BT :P+K::P::P: (No Charge). Comes out to 121 Damage as well. Only slightly better for the most part, but that's just to keep it under control.

Kokoro

• CB! :7::K::5::P::6::P::5::P::K::P: B! :5: -dash- :2::P+K: (low relaunch) :5: BT :2::K::P:
  • CB! :4::P+K::5::3::K::4::K: B! :5: -dash- :7::K: (flipping relaunch) BT :P::6::P::6::P:
  • CB! :2::P+K::5::4::P::K::P: B! :P+K: (Might be the wrong notation, but relaunches) :5::6::6::P+K::P+K::~::P+K:

:bradwong: Brad Wong

• CH :1::K::K::K: B! :5: BT :6::K: (scraping relaunch) :5: BT :6::K::5: BT :1::P::5::1::P::K:
  • CB! :214::P::5::6::K: B! :5::1::K::K: (low sweep relaunch) :5: BT :6::P+K::5: BT :1::P::K:
  • CB! :214::P:
  • CB! :3::3::P::5::1::P::K: B! :9::K: (Good Relaunch) :5::P+K::5::6::K::5::1::P::K:

:kasumi:Kasumi

New (Speculated) Notations

New 66K follow up - :6::6::K::4::K:

• CB! :3::3::P::5: BT :P::6::P::P: B! :5: -dash- :7::K::6::P+K::~: Hoshinpo :K::K:
  • CB! :236::P::5::6::6::K::4::K: B! :5::3::P+K::K::5::K::K::P: or :7::K::P+K:
  • CB! :3::3::K::5::6::6::K::K: Ground Bounce Bound :5::3::3::P::5: BT :2::P::4::P::K::K:
  • CB! :9::K::K: B! (Launch to Bind) :5::6::K: (relaunch) :5::P::P::P::P::P:

:hayate:Hayate

New Wind Dash Transition for Hayate - :8::P::8::K::6::P+K: (On hit only)

• CB! :6::K::5::3::H+K: B! (Ground Bounce Bound) :~: :4::P::6::P+K::5: BT :7::K:
  • CB! :8::K::5::9::K::K::K: B! :3_::P::P::~::7::K:
  • CB! :6::P+K::~::P+K::5::8::P::8::P::K::6::P+K: B! (Weird Ground Bounce) :~::K: (Wind dash kick relaunch) :5::P::P::6::P::K:

Tell me what you think about this possibility in DOA5U and post up your own combo ideas as well.

Fantastic Damage

Why would TN put in a new mechanic? What happened when they put in sidesteps... Oh thats right! Nobody fucking uses them. TN is stupid but not that stupid; but then again.

Belinea

If they are in, and it's not just a state caused by the statue, then what I find interesting is not the ability to add them to existing combos, but rather being able to go straight into it and bypass the stun system entirely. For example, I wonder what would have happened if Kasumi hadn't hit Momiji with the first 66kk, would the new 66k(new kick) be enough by itself to send her into the ground? And then I wonder how many times the bound state can be caused in one combo, like how Pai's can do 3f+k, 6f+k, 33~p+kp in FS.

TakedaZX

Why would TN put in a new mechanic? What happened when they put in sidesteps... Oh thats right! Nobody fucking uses them. TN is stupid but not that stupid; but then again.
Well I mean I am a nobody in the DOA scene >_>, but I know a few somebodies that know for sure how to use it.
If they are in, and it's not just a state caused by the statue, then what I find interesting is not the ability to add them to existing combos, but rather being able to go straight into it and bypass the stun system entirely. For example, I wonder what would have happened if Kasumi hadn't hit Momiji with the first 66kk, would the new 66k(new kick) be enough by itself to send her into the ground? And then I wonder how many times the bound state can be caused in one combo, like how Pai's can do 3f+k, 6f+k, 33~p+kp in FS.
I would imagine that the check would be one bound per combo post launch so that people can't sit there any loop bounds back to back over and over, kinda how Leifang and Pai can basically sit there in tag and loop 999 tag kk, between the both of them.

So the basic criteria for building the combo would be potentially:

Stun - Launch - Bind - Ender
Stun - Launch - Filler - Bind - Ender

The later the bind in the combo the less relaunch your get from follow the bind. So that means, 3p+k, BT P+KPP will not work in the first combo that I posted. That far into a combo would only open up for a full charge/half charge 1p+k. The point of this mechanic while making more damaging combos possible, isn't aimed at making more damaging combos. It's more so about opening up the players to the ability too have more freedom in their combo in style.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!

Nobody uses sidesteps?

You're kidding right?

Anyway I think Binds would be cool but its totally alien to the game for the most part. Would be interesting to see it incorporated. We need flashier juggles.

Jaguar360

Hey, Takeda. Do you think that Busa's PP4PK could cause a ground bounce if this feature was to be implemented in the game? This all looks pretty awesome, can't wait!

uyko112

Man that bind feature will be so awesome in DOA5U..... but than again people going to complain about long combos just like in TTT2. :oops:

Dave

I don't really see them adding any new mechanics or taking any out. I think this game is purely being made to give us a bunch or extra content, not new game play mechanics. Who knows though, maybe they're paying more attention then we think.

TakedaZX

Hey, Takeda. Do you think that Busa's PP4PK could cause a ground bounce if this feature was to be implemented in the game? This all looks pretty awesome, can't wait!
I don't know for sure if any of these would cause a ground bounce state.

Potential Bind Moves For Busa
3H+K
PP4PK/4PK
6KP
3P+KK

Hitomi
8K/1KK/9PKK/8PPK/6KKK, 7PKKK, 6PKKK
8PPP

Jaguar360

I don't know for sure if any of these would cause a ground bounce state.

Potential Bind Moves For Busa
3H+K
PP4PK/4PK
6KP
3P+KK

Hitomi
8K/1KK/9PKK/8PPK/6KKK, 7PKKK, 6PKKK
8PPP
Whoops, I meant grounded state. Both ideas would be interesting anyway. Ongoyin p might go on that list, too.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Go play some Mila. She has 2 powerful SS options.

Extra environmental knock down... don't need anymore trashcans ruining combos.

synce

I hadn't noticed that second kick from 66K before, it comes out so quick... According to 4gamer the game has a new feature called 'power launcher' though. This probably isn't it but they are definitely changing up the system

Evil_Gotenks

I have a feeling that this new Bind will only be possible from stuns... U'll have to pick bind and go for the relaunch or skip bind altogether and go for a launcher.

And it's also worth pointin out that these bind moves r not like Tekkens, so when goin through ur main's movelist to see what could potential be a move to cause this new state, ur not actually looking for attacks with a downwards slam motion (if we were, then Kasumi's 66KK would cause the new state and not her new followup kick). Hitomi's PP6PK would be more likely to cause this than her 6KKK.

Tekken does have this type of hit stun as well (see 1:19 in vid), but the most it ever allows is a grounded follow-up if it is not teched into a back roll (eg Alisa bf2, f1+2, Asuka f1+2, f2)

synce

The only ground bounce I can recall is from Eliot durring that big ass combo of his.

Pai had one before they removed it in ver1.03 and took her down a few pegs. Maybe 66H+K will be restored to its former glory in DOA5U...

Edit: Actually I'm not remember correctly, that was a sit down stun unless done in a juggle. I can't remember any moves that would bound a standing opponent but it's been a long while since I played

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Sarah has them .. so does akira ..

Sarah: 4H+K > 1H+KK > FL 7K ...
Akira: 46P > 43P > 2P > 3F+KP466P+K
in VF they call them FLOPS...

theres a similar situation for Sarah after a knockdown with FL P2KKK
FL P2KKK > FL 1KK > FL 6KK
(granted this is a faint stun, but you get to follow up after the opponent already hit the ground)

I think also Ayane in some situations after (counter) BT 6H+K where you can follow up with a 4P2K (but I think its techable before the 2K hits tho). But I guess thats more of a GROUND BOUNCE.
I'm sure theres more ..

This isn't exactly new, but it would be cool to see more situations like it :)

dawnbringer

I think also Ayane in some situations after (counter) BT 6H+K where you can follow up with a 4P2K (but I think its techable before the 2K hits tho). But I guess thats more of a GROUND BOUNCE.
I'm sure theres more ..

Ayane's 1P+K on hit does this kind of low floaty ground bounce, which can be followed up with 66K.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD