DoA5U Hayabusa

Brute

Standard Donor
Good news, everyone. Some guys are coming over tomorrow afternoon to fix my internet. So far I've only had really (really really) laggy matches with g-gill, but hopefully after this gets resolved I'll be able to finally emerge onto the online scene with the new Ryu.

I'd love to run matches with you guys and compare strategies, so I hope y'all are in the mood for some epic Ryu-Lost World showdowns. ;)

SilverForte

Things I found in the first 3 hours playing:
  • 666P -> 236P -> 6KP
  • 666P -> WR H+K
  • 6KP -> Airgrab (even with 6K hitting!)
  • WR H+K -> WR H+K (looks effing amazing!!)
  • Ong P+KPP juggle seems a bit nerfed, because the last P can't be charged as long as in vanilla (I think).
  • All unteachables seem to be gone (as in you can't force the opponent to tech at the end of a combo),
  • 6K on Counter or HiC gives the new backroll stun. Best to follow up with WR H+K, as far as I can tell. This is kinda bad, as you know need to distinguish between normal 6K (combo friendly) and Counter and HiC 6K and most of the time completing a combo would be better than ending it with 6K -> WR H+H. Edit: Dammit, I meant 9K of course!

WR 4k- airthrow works after 9k bound, so not bad.

cip

WR 4k- airthrow works after 9k bound, so not bad.
I can't execute that :( Edit: I can only get it to work on lightweights, not on midweights.

Couple more things:
  • WR H+K does track (except for the last 2 hits)
  • Shoho in a combo only seems to work on Alpha
  • as has been said, 3 P+K teleport is useless except for force teching and maybe to get out of a corner
All in all, I'd say Hayabusa got even more technical. You need to execute the Izunas, distinguish between normal and counter 9K and go for airthrow more often, because PP4PK needs more height now. It's even harder to keep the pressure up with the lost guard breaks, which sucks, but there is more potential for mind games and punishes with the low Izuna, 666P, 3P cancels and H+K K P.

I feel like 66K and 6KP will be more essential now as the only feasible guard breaks.

If TN wants to buff Hayabusa, I recommend allowing WR H+K out of Ongyoin and making it low crush or safe on guard. Right now, the move is pretty much only of use after Counter 9K, as far as I can tell. Looks amazing though.

Last edited:

SilverForte

Shoho does work in a combo, after a PL, and it supposedly works on all weight classes.

If 6kp groundbounces every time now, it would seem to me to be great as an alternative launcher.

I can see the 3 p+k teleport for being very useful when there are dangerzones or a cliff behind you. You could launch them and teleport behind them, then throw them into the dangerzone/ off the cliff.

Juan The Man

some things that are working for me with ryu

power launcher then 2p+k shoho that's that only other way I could get it to land besides the alpha way from combo challenge.

6k,p does bounce under all circumstances but can only be used as a trump card or it will get counter but still its an option

can use 9k for more combo ender mix-up even after just one stun(9k,236p,6kp for middle and light weight(7k force techs if they don't}heavy weights get 9k,236p,wr4kp)

if you scare someone into staying on the ground you can hit them with 3p+k p+k(teleport) from here you can land a guaranteed 3pp,pp thresh hold option(witch is great because hayabusa can end this wit a critical burst, high p or kick launcher, mid k or paunch,launcher izuna, or crounching izuna so pretty damn much which ever way your opponents wants to fly/die

the lone ultimate ninja

Juan The Man

From what I've seen, you can forch tech during the later part of a bound, is this true?
yep and what im gather from it is your opponent has invincibility frames from any attack that in vanilla would force him or her of the ground. so pretty much you have to wait until late after your opponent has hit tha ground AND decided not to tech for the move to hit....so in short a combo can and will connect as long as it would cause the player to tech

SilverForte

I was watching a stream earlier where a player used 666p, and 3 p+k was used to forch tech afterwards, it seemed that if he used it early it launched them a little bit but when he hit them a little late it just forch teched them, and he did have it set for them to tech roll.

Juan The Man

I was watching a stream earlier where a player used 666p, and 3 p+k was used to forch tech afterwards, it seemed that if he used it early it launched them a little bit but when he hit them a little late it just forch teched them, and he did have it set for them to tech roll.

well 666p causes a new slow roll which there area ton of follow up which Idt all have been discovered....but I may have to hit the lab because im pretty sure under all circumstances you have the choice whether to tech
or not

Brute

Standard Donor
Bad news. COX says it's a faulty wire and that they have to get their tech guys to come out and replace it. That could take over a week.

Looks like you'll have to party on without me for a bit longer.

Jin Masters

All of busa's tricks seemed to be stripped from him and its discouraged me to play as him...
So based on his new moves and game properties I've gone to the lab to see what i can come up with...

3p
-this moves gives +27 on fastest stagger on a backturned opponent
-strongest guaranteed backturned combo being:
3p, 4 h+k, 6kk, ppkkp

3 h+k
-IF THEY DONT TECH can lead to 3 p+k,p+k force tech leaving you behind the opponent with huge advantage

EvilJun

they can hold 4h+k after 3p if they shake :(

the only two launcher ive found that's 100% gauranteed so far is 4k and 8k

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Well, that's kinda the main issue now is getting in. Without the threat of 4PK, opponents feel safe you block your whole string, so it's hard to get good CH properties with attacks like 3P and 4P2P.
I've been experimenting with stuff like 6KP. i15 on first hit with +9 on guard with the second hit. PP6P/PP6P4 are also pretty safe attacks, but combined with Ryu's relatively sluggish speed anyway, they're not too threatening on block. The idea seems to be that you need to get in on CH, but he's not really fast enough to do that, and he doesn't have any cheap bullshit like Momiji's 2H+K which crushes mids.

Ongyoin T also got a damage buff to 75 (old Izuna damage in 5 vanilla).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD