DoA5U Hayabusa

Juan The Man

[quoe="Brute, post: 123276, member: 818"]Well, that's kinda the main issue now is getting in. Without the threat of 4PK, opponents feel safe you block your whole string, so it's hard to get good CH properties with attacks like 3P and 4P2P.
I've been experimenting with stuff like 6KP. i15 on first hit with +9 on guard with the second hit. PP6P/PP6P4 are also pretty safe attacks, but combined with Ryu's relatively sluggish speed anyway, they're not too threatening on block. The idea seems to be that you need to get in on CH, but he's not really fast enough to do that, and he doesn't have any cheap bullshit like Momiji's 2H+K which crushes mids.

Ongyoin T also got a damage buff to 75 (old Izuna damage in 5 vanilla).[/quote]
Yea Im really suck here so I end up doing thinks like pp grab but its my only option to get good players to come off their block..especially wit all his strings being not only unsafe but super unsafe

Juan The Man

[quoe="Jin Masters, post: 123280, member: 507"]66k
2h+k
Ongyoin 6k
33P
Pp2k (mind games) finish string, ongyoin, SS p, throw[/quote]

Yea I don't use pp2k at at all

Brute

Standard Donor
Have to admit, odd approach. Hayabusa isn't meant to play the poke game. He's meant to get stun and then bait out HiC throws or punish heavy with a CB or launch->juggle mix-up. Most of Jin's strategies are unsafe on block, have very slow iframes and provide no follow-up potential on hit.

Got nerfed from +6 to +4. So from a i20 on guard you get an i8 high (unsafe) and i11 mid (which causes knockback with 0 follow-up potential, and is totally unsafe on block). How are you using this?

I usually get mid P'd right out of that due to it's lack of speed and mid crush properties.

Ongyoin 6k
i19 and -8 on block. 0 follow-up potential on hit. How are you using that? Beyond using it as a spacing mix-up from ong 6P+K, I really don't see a use to it.

Pp2k (mind games) finish string, ongyoin, SS p, throw
Could you elaborate on this, please? PP2K is incredibly risky being negative on NH.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I spend my entire time whiff punishing, fishing for Hi Counter Izuna, or crushing and going for counter hit juggles. Playing pure striker is risky as hell and you're relying on the other person respecting you too much.

Juan The Man

I hv to agree with u brute 110 percent...I use to use kk and work in throw mid punch but now I jus don't kno anymore not in high level play anyway

Juan The Man

I just wish they would make hayabusa 2 h+k duck under most mids to force your opponent to use their slower mids to crush n then 6p would become so useable...busa would be better than great where he should be

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I should've been clearer on what I meant but I was lazy with what I wrote. I whiff punish when I strike and then retreat. I never stay in close for long. Ongyoin 6P+K is my favorite whiff punish for rising kicks for instance. I use 4K like it's my job if I'm in close and expect someone to try to beat me out. Otherwise the only strikes I'll use to hit confirm into a CB are 6k and 3p. Juan has fought me (bastard beat up my Rachel so I had to go Busa vs. Busa...sick match too despite me dropping shit all day) so he might be able to explain better.

Point is, playing that unsafe with Hayabusa is a death wish. He's built around showing you why what you just did is fucking stupid, not on trying to keep block string pressure or beat people out.

Juan The Man

Ryu
I still say make 1K a hit throw into his expert mid kick hold. :p

That's not bad
I should've been clearer on what I meant but I was lazy with what I wrote. I whiff punish when I strike and then retreat. I never stay in close for long. Ongyoin 6P+K is my favorite whiff punish for rising kicks for instance. I use 4K like it's my job if I'm in close and expect someone to try to beat me out. Otherwise the only strikes I'll use to hit confirm into a CB are 6k and 3p. Juan has fought me (bastard beat up my Rachel so I had to go Busa vs. Busa...sick match too despite me dropping shit all day) so he might be able to explain better.

Point is, playing that unsafe with Hayabusa is a death wish. He's built around showing you why what you just did is fucking stupid, not on trying to keep block string pressure or beat people out.

It was a great match!!

Brute

Standard Donor

Shame. I like the fact that he has to be played smart, but it seems like his offensive pressure is miniscule and that to use him properly you're really forced into defensive, reactionary play rather than instigating pressure.

EvilJun

I usually use 214p to go in since its +2 on block and if the opponent doesn't know then its pretty easy to get a 6p CH

Brute

Standard Donor
Goofy question: How do you guys follow-up a successful wake-up kick (as in, you land a WU kick getting up)?

It feels like the distance it creates is large enough that my only attacks with enough lurch to follow-it-up are mid punches, which everyone is good at holding. But usually if I try to get up and run to them for a HiC throw, it's either too slow or they see me coming and knock me right out of it. Everything else with range is just too slow and I get intercepted. So what do you guys do?

Brute

Standard Donor
Has anyone else noticed how you get unique Izuna cams on the Shoho if done under the roof of Sky City Tokyo near the Lunar Staff? Doing a throw/hold Izuna in the same location will teleport you back, avoiding any ceiling shenanigans. Amusing stuff.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Has anyone else noticed how you get unique Izuna cams on the Shoho if done under the roof of Sky City Tokyo near the Lunar Staff? Doing a throw/hold Izuna in the same location will teleport you back, avoiding any ceiling shenanigans. Amusing stuff.
I can confirm this... I wonder why this is.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD