doa5u impressions thread

Seppu

:bradwong:
  • he has a new move, :6::P::4:, which is his forward punch into :4::P:. can follow up as normal with a sidestep, punch/kick or both
  • his :6::K: sit down stun in now a crappy launcher that causes the new bound thing. what the hell? this is a pretty big nerf as i use that kick a lot. goodbye guaranteed launcher (:8::P: sit down stun still only works on a crouching opponent, so he better get something else in compensation)
  • bt :2::P::K: doesn't appear to force tech at the end of juggles anymore. may have just been because of the height/slope
  • someone mentioned that his low :1::K: string has been nerfed and doesn't cause that +11 stun anymore, but it looks the same from what i saw
  • :4::H+P: and bt :H+P::5::H+P: appear to be the same with guaranteed options afterwards
  • the person that was playing brad was using his cowboy costume, but without his hat. they must have pressed a button to do that. no long hair option?
  • and his cowboy costume has a whiskey bottle instead of a gourd <3

UpSideDownGRUNT

Hayabusa has a changed H+KKK. Different kick animation on 3rd K and no longer guard breaks.

He also got some kind of gap closer kick (may be the H+KKK). Moves distance really quickly and has a very fast and weird spin animation.

Couldn't really tell you much otherwise (PP4PK change already mentioned somewhere no doubt.
that's not a new animation that's a new mix up, instead of H+KKK it's H+KKP

and the tornado kick is WR H+K and I believe MASTER said it was unsafe

so far from what I've seen:
Leon is awesome if I used grappler types he'd be an awesome character, holy crap
Ein is looking good-ish he seems to be a mix of DoA4/DoAD however, he's mid tier at best.
Momiji is also looking good definitely replacing either Ayane as my 3rd or Busa as my second.
Hayabusa I'm not too sure about, he's got some new tools and a few buffs but a few nerfs
Hayate is looking MUCH better from DoA5 he's got more DoA3 tools this time which is awesome I may casually pick him up... atm I just play him just for lols.

Last edited:

ShinQuan

:bradwong:
  • he has a new move, :6::P::4:, which is his forward punch into :4::P:. can follow up as normal with a sidestep, punch/kick or both
  • his :6::K: sit down stun in now a crappy launcher that causes the new bound thing. what the hell? this is a pretty big nerf as i use that kick a lot. goodbye guaranteed launcher (:8::P: sit down stun still only works on a crouching opponent, so he better get something else in compensation)
  • bt :2::P::K: doesn't appear to force tech at the end of juggles anymore. may have just been because of the height/slope
  • someone mentioned that his low :1::K: string has been nerfed and doesn't cause that +11 stun anymore, but it looks the same from what i saw
  • :4::H+P: and bt :H+P::5::H+P: appear to be the same with guaranteed options afterwards
  • the person that was playing brad was using his cowboy costume, but without his hat. they must have pressed a button to do that. no long hair option?
  • and his cowboy costume has a whiskey bottle instead of a gourd <3
looking forward to seeing new moves in action, hopefully theres more than that :6::P::4: but thats pretty cool.
Loss of that 6K sit down stun sucks. Hopefully something compensates for it!
As much as I want it I doubt we'll get the loose hair option. Girls take precedence for that kindve thing.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Gonna post this quickly: Ein is not as solid as I'd hoped but feels familiar at least. Rachel is amazingly fun and troll-y. Momiji is awesome. Hayabusa...RIP.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Gonna post this quickly: Ein is not as solid as I'd hoped but feels familiar at least. Rachel is amazingly fun and troll-y. Momiji is awesome. Hayabusa...RIP.
Ein: yeah to be honest I didn't expect too much anyway but for what he is he's not bad.
Momiji: Agreed from what I've seen she's pretty decent
Hayabusa: he's not that bad he has a few minor pluses but I agree that it is mostly bad.

TakedaZX

Tell me things about Zack please.

Someone. . .anyone!
Hopefully we get a good Zack player on the stream today. Otherwise, we only know about what we saw in the E3 Trailer.

@Helena players
I swear I saw a critical burst effect on a move from BT. Someone confirm this for me?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Ein: yeah to be honest I didn't expect too much anyway but for what he is he's not bad.
Momiji: Agreed from what I've seen she's pretty decent
Hayabusa: he's not that bad he has a few minor pluses but I agree that it is mostly bad.
Judging by the fact that I don't see you here, you're not. Try not to discount opinions and impressions of players that are here. I've seen you do it to two people now, myself included. I'm heading down to get ready so actual in-depth information will have to wait. Hayabusa is dead now.

Omegan Eckhart

I doubt it but you caught my interest. What's the number on highest SE?

Yea, it'd be interesting, kind of completes her mix-up game.
It's +13 on highest SE. Meaning it guarantees absolutely nothing! Currently it is totally worthless so switching to a CB would be a buff.

Brute

Standard Donor
Judging by the fact that I don't see you here, you're not. Try not to discount opinions and impressions of players that are here. I've seen you do it to two people now, myself included. I'm heading down to get ready so actual in-depth information will have to wait. Hayabusa is dead now.
When Summer Jam is over, give us a breakdown on the new Hayabusa, if you wouldn't mind.

TakedaZX

It's +13 on highest SE. Meaning it guarantees absolutely nothing! Currently it is totally worthless so switching to a CB would be a buff.
Right next to Hayate's BT 4K, he can 6p off of it though. How unfortunate for her though and fortunate for her in 5U.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Okay, about Hyabusa. I was incorrect about the new gap closer that I thought may have been H+KKK. The input is 1H+K, looks like several flips, does not guard break but has quite a bit of range.

H+KKK animation is the same, just doesn't guard break. Yes he has the new input (H+KKP). Does not guard break.

Cyber will be able to tell more about the rising H+K and other Hyabusa changes.

The way the fall speed and strikes work now make Tech Rolling very odd at times. Sometimes I found myself teching just fine while other times I may as well not have pressing any buttons at all.

As for force techs: different characters are affected in different ways, FTs still work but they are changed around. The people who have the knowledge on individuals can talk about them in their character threads.

Fall speeds seem to have been increased but gravity seems to have been decreased.

Not much Power Launcher stuff at the moment. I think only one person actually did something with it on stream and it was made up on the spot, however it was a combo that could be performed off of a regular launcher. Until the game is released and we find out how individual characters can benefit from PLs Power Blows are the way to go.
On the topic of Power Launchers though, when charged they have a significantly shorter "charging delay" time than Power Blows.
Example: You successfully get a Critical Burst. You choose to perform a PB. You have to charge it immediatley after a CB up but you end up charging for too long and whiff the PB. You get a second CB and decide to use a PL. You start it immediately after the CB and even though you fully charged the PL it hits and sends your target into the air.
The timing on a fully charged PL seems to be short enough to guarantee a PL if you execute it immediately after getting a Critical Burst.

David Gregg

Wow...:eek:
  1. @TeamNINJAStudio @shimbori_x Just remove him (referring to Eliot) from the cast. I'll never understand the theory of balancing when it comes to you guys

2. Team NINJA ‏@TeamNINJAStudio18h
    @oLoV3sObLuEo And we'll never understand the likes of you who thinks they're an authority on balancing. Better yet, we'll just remove YOU.
So much for fan feedback? I feel bad for that person they're just speaking the truth.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD