doa5u impressions thread

David Gregg

That does discount the hostile tweets directed at them previously. Sure, it'd be nice if Team Ninja listened a little bit more and engaged in discussion with the fanbase, but it'd also be nice if the fans acted like adults when engaging in the first place.

Never said that the hostility was right but TN clearly believes that they are properly balancing the characters as confirmed by their statement.

TakedaZX

Fucker had it coming... anyway yea I'd be happier if people were heard a bit more. Some of these players really do have some good ideas that seem like they should be explored. But whatever ya know?

Anyway, only thing I really wanna see is Leon get Spartan's 3P~ series (3PPP, 3PPKK, 3PP6PPP, 3PP6PPK, etc.). It just seems like it fist since he's an offensive god.

KidArk

All I can say is Leon looked nice, i'm still kinda unsure the details of his CB, it's a combo throw.. and guarantee's cb on full charge? What's the purpose of combo throw , does leon of gBoD or stun palm like akira?

Bayman, that back roll looks a little too useful , yes all those moves are unsafe out of the roll but damn it looked like Jak levels of evasion almost, I mean Rik was having an open house with that move. The slide out of backwards tank roll also looked really fast like under 20 frames, but I haven't watched that archive yet to make sure . If it has even been archived as of yet that is.

Gen Fu , I really wanna know what SR was complaining about to be a nerf. From all I could see since not much was shown
33P is Punisable well, it's always been -5 and crouching so yeah
6PPP is Punisable well, the last hit in the string is 33P?
I'm going to have to watch that again but those moves can be punished but if you keep mashing atleast for 6PPP it doesn't seem to get punished o_o
His juggles are different, well FINALLY that causes me to use some of his other moves in my juggles IE (3)K , (3)K (3)k 16P
I don't think Gen Fu was really nerfed I mean those moves seem exactly the same, if anything i'm upset he wasn't changed at all but no one really cares for Gen Fu right?
EDIT: Okay I saw someone's gameplay with Fu Vs Rachel, his juggle potention seems so low, and did they slow him down wth? No one ever uses 8k to juggle but now that seems to be his best launcher since they glimped the launch height of all his launchers and 3K P P knocks down now? excuse me? why can't gen fu get back turn stumble Momiji has it bs. They just nerfed him but gave him back nothing no new moves, nothing just lowered his frame advantage on everything and made him unsafe while taking away half his juggles and now he has no force techs? But Helena players want to complain smdh? I'll look deeper into this but "My fists only get stronger with age " has never been so wrong.

Last edited:

RoboJoe

Gen Fu , I really wanna know what SR was complaining about to be a nerf. From all I could see since not much was shown
33P is Punisable well, it's always been -5 and crouching so yeah
6PPP is Punisable well, the last hit in the string is 33P?
I'm going to have to watch that again but those moves can be punished but if you keep mashing atleast for 6PPP it doesn't seem to get punished o_o
His juggles are different, well FINALLY that causes me to use some of his other moves in my juggles IE (3)K , (3)K (3)k 16P
I don't think Gen Fu was really nerfed I mean those moves seem exactly the same, if anything i'm upset he wasn't changed at all but no one really cares for Gen Fu right?

From memory:

-H+K is now command throw punishable (believe it was -4 or -5 before)
-3PP now causes bound state instead of sit down stun
-3[3]P has a lower launch height off counter hit (might be remembering wrong)

I doubt this is the extent of his nerfs, especially since his safety was said to have taken a hit, gonna have to wait and see when the game launches or if Sweet Revenge decides to post about it.

DR2K

Wow...:eek:
  1. @TeamNINJAStudio @shimbori_x Just remove him (referring to Eliot) from the cast. I'll never understand the theory of balancing when it comes to you guys

2. Team NINJA ‏@TeamNINJAStudio18h
    @oLoV3sObLuEo And we'll never understand the likes of you who thinks they're an authority on balancing. Better yet, we'll just remove YOU.
So much for fan feedback? I feel bad for that person they're just speaking the truth.

Ethered. Shit that makes your soul burn.

This isn't feedback. fyi

synce

Didn't catch most of the stream but what I saw was kinda disappointing. Not the game itself, but the fact that no one seemed to be experimenting with the old characters. I just saw vanilla combos and moves, no attempts to bound during juggle or anything. But again I only caught glimpses inbetween the Marvel hype :p

KidArk

From memory:

-H+K is now command throw punishable (believe it was -4 or -5 before)
-3PP now causes bound state instead of sit down stun
-3[3]P has a lower launch height off counter hit (might be remembering wrong)

I doubt this is the extent of his nerfs, especially since his safety was said to have taken a hit, gonna have to wait and see when the game launches or if Sweet Revenge decides to post about it.

LOL I WISH H+K was -5 , no that thing is -14 always has been throw punishable
3PP, is a string so I'm going to assume you mean 33P causes bound instead of sit down. I have no clue what that will even do , it just removes Gen fu's super easy access to guaranteed damage VIA CB, it even changes his ceiling combos. Sit down 33P WAS Gen Fu for the most part. So I can see how he's been nerfed Thanks TN.
Oh well , he'll probably have something stupid to abuse, it's cool. I was getting bored of 33P to crush most of the casts moves into delayed cb / grab mix up to be boring anyway. (a mid that crushes mids , lolo)
Yeah I saw the Launch height off Hold 3P was lowered a lot, I have no clue why though , I mean it's so low you can hardly get his normal juggle off.
Time to relearn Fu, if he's really not viable anymore after some lab time then idk what TN did, old men are supposed to be good in games ._. that's why they're there. We got Shun, Chin , Gen , and Gen Fu.

RoboJoe

Well it has been half a year since I last really played the game so if you say h+k was always -14, then I believe it. Anyways, yeah 3pp and I assume 33p bound now, which sucks. Then again, you could always se the second p or more likely the cb so maybe this could go in his favour. Also, I remembered that 64P ground bounces now. I wonder if you can still use it to ft. Overall, I don't expect Gen Fu to be bad though, just a bit worse than what he is now.

GodlyHades

Team Ninjas logic about Helena:
Take away her annoying tech roll.
Adds more desctruive moves that make her tech roll seem worthless.

Seems Legit.

GodlyHades

Just wanted to choose a character I didn't see yet. Knew I had no clue how to play him.
Haven't introduced myself before. Name's Hades nice to meet you, pleasure is mine.
Great job at the Summer Jam, really enjoyed your gameplay and your Bass was unique.

MasterHavik

I can't watch archive recordings. Will it be on youtube? Also can anyone fill me on Zack?

Never said that the hostility was right but TN clearly believes that they are properly balancing the characters as confirmed by their statement.
This is coming from the same team that likes to run characters into the ground and call them balance. Zack is an example of this. I question if TN knows what they are doing with Zack. The info I got from 0.50 DOA 5. I heard from C1 Zack got buff in the E3 build of DOa5U. But I have feelings any buffs he gets in won't stick. I wonder if TN knows if people play Zack at a high level. I got a bad feeling that they may balance characters around who they want to see at offline events to promote the game. So yeah they must hate seeing a Zack, Bass, or Eliot player win majors. This is just me guessing though.

Last edited:

Omegan Eckhart

Team Ninjas logic about Helena:
Take away her annoying tech roll.
Adds more desctruive moves that make her tech roll seem worthless.

Seems Legit.
Helena is overall worse in 5U than she is now.

Her easy access to FT is gone, EVERY old FT combo that works now even using her BKO sweep and her back dashing sweep no longer work. Perhaps there is new tech for her to use but seeing how hard TN has worked to remove her current ones I'm not holding my breath.

In return she has gotten:
A new sit down stun which we thought was +44 but that report was wrong, we don't know what it guarantees currently.
So far we have counted 3 bind state attacks and two new unsafe transitions into BT.

That seems about it so far. No other real buff's have been found as of yet.
No report of more safe moves.
No speed increase.
No more frame advantage against blocking opponents and no buff's to her +13/+15 sit down stuns.

It's a bit too early to jump ship, regardless I'd rather have a low tier character than the rinse and repeat scrub-fest she became in DOA5. But as Vanilla taught us initial impressions don't mean a whole lot so we have to wait and see.

MasterHavik

Helena is overall worse in 5U than she is now.

Her easy access to FT is gone, EVERY old FT combo that works now even using her BKO sweep and her back dashing sweep no longer work. Perhaps there is new tech for her to use but seeing how hard TN has worked to remove her current ones I'm not holding my breath.

In return she has gotten:
A new sit down stun which we thought was +44 but that report was wrong, we don't know what it guarantees currently.
So far we have counted 3 bind state attacks and two new unsafe transitions into BT.

That seems about it so far. No other real buff's have been found as of yet.
No report of more safe moves.
No speed increase.
No more frame advantage against blocking opponents and no buff's to her +13/+15 sit down stuns.

It's a bit too early to jump ship, regardless I'd rather have a low tier character than the rinse and repeat scrub-fest she became in DOA5. But as Vanilla taught us initial impressions don't mean a whole lot so we have to wait and see.

All I heard was that her handslap force tech was gone and I'm like," Well you fucking raped her. Good job TN. She needed it."

Omegan Eckhart

All I heard was that her handslap force tech was gone and I'm like," Well you fucking raped her. Good job TN. She needed it."
Handslaps > 6P no longer works, Launch into BT > 4K > 4K > 66K no longer works and BKO F+P > 4PP8K > 2K no longer works either.

All these combo's cause FT currently but in the steam I saw them all attempted, even though the opponent didn't tech it whiffed right through them anyway.

Whether or not FT has to be set up a different way I don't know as I don't have access to the game myself but all I know is all current FT set ups are null and void.

Edit: I should specify that when I say all current FT set ups no longer work I am referring to Helena and no other characters.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD