DOA5U Press Conference Link - 12pm PDT on Twitch

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
What exactly is sad about it? I mean they originally designed DOA2 and DOA3 to be tag games. DOA4 was their attempt at making a singles game.

At least, from what Itagaki said.

TakedaZX

What exactly is sad about it? I mean they originally designed DOA2 and DOA3 to be tag games. DOA4 was their attempt at making a singles game.

At least, from what Itagaki said.

I hope they reach a strong point for both sides. Tag is looking more interesting but I do want to play Singles primarily.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Yeah but did people play tag in DOA3 or singles? :/

You're missing my point.

The system was designed for Tag in mind, that system is what allowed for the Singles system to be so "broken": NH launchers, Relaunching attacks, Wall Game, throw launchers, etc.

HoodsXx

You're missing my point.

The system was designed for Tag in mind, that system is what allowed for the Singles system to be so "broken": NH launchers, Relaunching attacks, Wall Game, throw launchers, etc.
I understand that, but I mean it doesn't look like anything that's in Tag is even being brought to singles though, that's the problem. Just looks like Tag is getting re-done and singles isn't. I mean pretty much most of what we asked for, is being put into Tag right now, no?

Raansu

Well, that tag focus gave us DOA3...

Except so far tag mechanics do not translate into singles in DoA5 (such as sit downs actually guaranteeing stuff in tag and not in singles) and I'm willing to bet it will be the same in 5U.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
And it matters to you why? If you didn't play tag before, and don't plan on now even after it's been made better, you'll just bitch about it anyways?

Koompbala

I personally don't like tag and never will like it in any game. Tag getting more features is good though. This way it will hopefully get more people into the game even if its a mode I don't play. Its actually more of a feature mode in this game. Rather than some throw away mode to play when your bored like it was in 4.

Besides there's very few things that doesn't translate well between singles and tag. Its sad that the only thing in 4 that made tag deep is that normal guard breaks became guard crushes. The only guarantees you got from that game was that and untechables. As Mr. Wah said any changes is a good thing

MasterHavik

I know you guys don't like this game....but Ps allstars is balance base off of Free for all while there is no real 1v1 and leads to balance issues...do you think DOA is balance base off of tag?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD