DOA5U Press Conference Link - 12pm PDT on Twitch

Tulkas

Premium Donor
I would have personally preferred Tengu and Ryo over Momiji / Rachael. More Ninja's just makes the game look bland... Not gonna lie. (I don't hate the two chars I mentioned). They just don't appeal to me as they're not going to play much different from most of the cast.
I would like Momiji using Tengu´s fighting style! :D But it's late, she got Hayabusa's one...

Tones

Premium Donor
And by them trying to show off the double jump we see a ton of tracking glitches.

TakedaZX

I guess i'm probably one of the only ones who isn't liking Momiji and Rachel so far. Their styles are interesting but what I'm finding that's extremely unattractive is the animations. There's a lot of spinning + hits with both hands at the same time. It basically looks like they literally took the animations straight out of NG and just pushed their hands together.

Frankly all the new animations for all of the characters looked a little bit clunky (with the exception of most of the ones from the latest trailer). I'm not sure if it's because they've been pressed for time or something a long those lines but it's definitely

It's not... interesting to me. I was also disappointed about some of the things I've heard about Hayate so far. P+K gives the new knockdown animation. This is the only really cool thing. The return of PP6P4 isn't though. There's not exactly an incentive to this mix-up... but it's there.

Also teleporting from his Rekkuga (Elbow GB's) is pretty nice to hear but... this means that his old wind dash most likely won't come back which is a bummer since he had really good stuff from it. It'd make a great addition to his current one.

His new costume is cool too be it a carbon copy of Ryu's Ninja Gaiden costume but it's still solid and it fits Hayate pretty well.

I'm really scared about this game. I don't want to end up disappointed and I don't want other people to end up disappointed either.

Randzz

No one from those kind of interviews never know how to play fighters its not just DoA. Its a problem with all fighters they never have anyone experienced to talk about the game.

By the same token, if they actually asked tough "make you sweat" questions they may never get an interview with that publisher again. I agree though, I really wanted to know about the online component which is still too randomly glitchy for my tastes & the numerous issues they have with the current one in terms of the online pass. Oh well.

HoodsXx

So the Power launcher combos look pretty legit, which is nice to know. Seems they may be worth doing, in terms of coming back from a health disadvantage IF you can get it off. Some of Hayate's new strings looked pretty good too.

Jaguar360

So the Power launcher combos look pretty legit, which is nice to know. Seems they may be worth doing, in terms of coming back from a health disadvantage IF you can get it off. Some of Hayate's new strings looked pretty good too.

At first I didn't like them, but they make sense. I just wish you didn't have to sacrifice a power blow in order to do them. :( I wonder if power launchers guard break.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Burst Tag confirmed to be tagging in your partner to auto CB! immediately once tagged in.

Raansu

Does no one else find it sad that tag is getting more solid mechanics than singles? Seems like you all should play tag as the main game instead.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD