DOA5U Press Conference Link - 12pm PDT on Twitch

Codemaster92163

Even on none ceiling stages, Power Launchers will still be useful on CB. Considering some combos already get close to (and even exceed) the damage of a Power Blow, I could see it being useful given it lets you get off a few more hits.

Nightpup

Even on none ceiling stages, Power Launchers will still be useful on CB. Considering some combos already get close to (and even exceed) the damage of a Power Blow, I could see it being useful given it lets you get off a few more hits.

This.

It's really a choice of whether you wanna be flashy or whether you wanna try for that little extra damage.

Unless there's a ceiling. Then using a power blow is just stupid.

SilverForte

Critical Launchers could also be useful for chars who have a hard time getting to Critical Burst. Hitomi comes to mind.

Dave

Oh wow, they've even taken the time to add some combo tutorials for tag characters. Nice. Oh and did that woman call Christie Christina?

Koompbala

Probably its no surprise she doesn't know much about the game, but at least in this one better questions were asked. Still didn't learn anything new from the questions though.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Oh wow, they've even taken the time to add some combo tutorials for tag characters. Nice. Oh and did that woman call Christie Christina?
The funny thing about it (and a fun fact, might I add) is that Christie and Tina have the same name of origin, which is Christina. The DOA movie - of all sources - pointed this out playfully when they slept with each other.

Berzerk!

Here's the Twitch.tv broadcast for anyone interested:

This was a bit better as an interview than the Gamespot one, as Rachel (the host) actually pressed the question a couple of times on what feedback they received from competitive players.

Peter may have misunderstood or dodged the question though as he talked about fan service, stages, costumes, no details about adjusting the mechanics.

Randzz

This was a bit better as an interview than the Gamespot one, as Rachel (the host) actually pressed the question a couple of times on what feedback they received from competitive players.

Peter may have misunderstood or dodged the question though as he talked about fan service, stages, costumes, no details about adjusting the mechanics.
Or the randomly glitchy online aspect on both systems.

MasterHavik

Someone email him his pink slip.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
I hope they reach a strong point for both sides. Tag is looking more interesting but I do want to play Singles primarily.
Tag mode confuses me because many moves have different properties, especially for juggles. It doesn't help to learn the whole game which already has a very complex system. Perhaps when I have mastered single mode in some years I'll play tag seriously, heheh. I would play much sooner if all moves retain its properties in both modes...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD