DOA5U: system tweeks/character buffs and nerfs for Team NINJA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Uh... I just want Christie's 4k2kpp wall splat back vs. heavyweights. 3k as a SDS on counter hit would be nice too to compensate for the few things she lost. She could use a reliable tracking SDS the way she is now. But then again, I'm still learning. ^_^v

Malfury

I want Pai to have better juggles with heavies. Best I could find was about 102 or so raw dmg. (I guess its not so bad.. lol). Maybe a cooler launcher?

FlamingMuffin

She has amazing gap-control, good pressure with safety, GBs and reset throws, tons of mix-ups, heavy damage and a disproportionately punishing non-escapable throw for her strike capabilities (that's guaranteed damage, btw). She also has a sabaki that puts someone right into threshold, and many other good CB->set-ups and gets good damage off of those CBs. She has shit for tracking, but anyway... despite all this you think she's crap because you have to make a few reads for your damage (which, btw, most do)? And then you say this:

As if it's a good thing. Hint-hint: THE STUN GAME IS THE GUESSING GAME YOU'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT

Are we looking at the same character? She has gap control, I can give you that. 214P has good range (even though 33P was nerfed) However:

- She honestly isn't that safe. Lots of her "safe moves" are -6/-7 on block. Neutral throw or use a grappler against her and her safety flies out the window.
- 1P+K is neutral on block and slow, 214P is good but again +0, Heichu P+K you shouldn't be blocking it as you should be SSing it
- Reset throws the options in 5U were reduced to Heichu P+K and 2P, both of which can be countered and since the P+K stun is hot garbage....
- Her mixups have been reduced: Heichu advantage being nerfed, PK4K/2P being slowed down with less stun (MAJOR nerf with less stun). She isn't Kasumi or Chrisite or THE MAJORITY OF THE CAST where some strings have a small NH low stun, or tracking to keep the opponent honest. Heichu stance is telegraphed so SS.
- Disproportionate? It does 65 damage. Every other character in the game got their throws buffed to compensate for the lifebar increase. She did not. How does Ayane, Hitomi and Helena have less strike capability than her?
- The 44P sabaki stun is also hot garbage. Did they counter? Enjoy being +10 and not being able to CB, launch or even extend the stun. Did you wait to see if they would counter and they didn't? Enjoy losing the stun while they fall to the floor (Heichu P+K suffers the same way)
- Her stuns were nerfed, so her best CB stun options are gone. She only has her pseudo 66P+KP+K2P CB mixup now
- Her damage was nerfed slightly + health bar increase = less damaging
- 1T is now useless (see previous)

The stun guessing game is fine. In 5, she made you afraid of certain options giving her a stronger mixup game. She had 1T giving free entry. Heichu had options at all three levels. All they had to do in 5U was give her a mid tracking move, and she would be good. They failed and took away everything solid that she had.

/rant (Just really put down by the fact she was nerfed so heavily while buffing Gen Fu for example)

Last edited:

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
All her stuns are pretty garbage, honestly. You basically have to 9P between every two moves, 'cause everything that's not a high punch stuns for like +15 after SE if you're lucky and +5 if you're not (or -15 on hit). She can't realistically launch or CB off of anything that isn't 9P. Her throws are terrible. Still no tracking. Her now limited mixups just lead to frame advantage or even more 9Ps. She's not unplayable by any means, though, 'cause this is DOA and even Bass can win games with the triangle system.

d3v

And yet, she still wrecks a good part of the roster? This reminds me of people complaining about Lili in TTT2 being linear and losing options and yet she still has the same guaranteed stuff that makes her BS.
This is why I keep saying y'all should make a match up chart first. But I guess people are too afraid if finding out that their characters are actually strong after asking for all these buffs/changes.

Malfury

This is why I keep saying y'all should make a match up chart first. But I guess people are too afraid if finding out that their characters are actually strong after asking for all these buffs/changes.
I agree with you completely, which is why I'm keeping humble with Pai. I understand I gotta work harder on certain matchups (ugh, Leifang) and keep my style of play in mind, so all I can do is try to level up my game and gain more experience.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
There was such a thing for DOA5. I don't feel DOA5U is out long enough for matchup charts outside of stuff like, "Bass vs Kasumi is a joke."

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
This topic is a joke. Don't take it seriously. Did you read the second post? Guy wants DOA mixups to be Injustice mixups. Or the next page, where he wants to buff Alpha.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
It's more compared to other characters in 5U. A three part throw that only does 65 damage isn't good even on a striker. It was great in vanilla.

EDIT: On a side note, I drop it like a quarter of the time. I've spent like 2 hours in the lab grinding just that. I do like 2-3f combos in 2D fighters all the time. Izuna, I can do near 100% without any practice ('cause Hayabusa is hard ;_; ). It's the weirdest thing.

Last edited:

d3v

And it's universal. In Injustice Gods among us you can block mids with crouching guards.
You're mixing up terminology.

American 2D FGC uses different terminology from the standard (i.e. Japan).

What we call "mids" in 3D FGs are actually analogous to overheads in US 2D FG terms. In fact, they're called exactly that (mids) in Japan.

Max536Drago

You're mixing up terminology.

American 2D FGC uses different terminology from the standard (i.e. Japan).

What we call "mids" in 3D FGs are actually analogous to overheads in US 2D FG terms. In fact, they're called exactly that (mids) in Japan.
"analogo... what!? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD