DOA5U wanted Costumes

Rawbietussin

Now... Before I crumple this out from existence and eventually throw it to the trash.

Tell me what you guys think and should I still go through with this?

image_zpsd7d814ce.jpg

Kronin

@Argentus: I agree with Tyaren' suggestions

Now... Before I crumple this out from existence and eventually throw it to the trash.

image_zpsd7d814ce.jpg
Is this an outfit for Momiji? The design seems to me a pretty good idea!

Maybe could be necessary to unbotton a little more the "skirt" for allowing to see better the shorts behind it?

Tyaren

Standard Donor

image_zpsd7d814ce.jpg

I think it's awesome and really fashionable. :) Now you should focus on a presentation style, that is less cute/chibi, that would give your design a bigger impact and approachability.
Just one question...is that supposed to be Helena or Sarah?

Pigi86

I can dig it. I say, unzip the jacket halfway, hood down (like his skeleton halloween costume), rolled sleeves. Silver necklace, and wrapped hands or some sort of fighting or fingerless gloves?

For now the hood will stay because I like it. He will wear fighting gloves

Not bad, but I'd like to see it stray from his C1 even a bit more. Maybe if the hood were down, or if the hoodie had some red/orange on it.

Good idea, I will put some red colors on it.

I prefer the color and the unziped version here.

I will try the unziped.

Thanks for the critics people :)

Rawbietussin

@Argentus: I agree with Tyaren' suggestions

Is this an outfit for Momiji? The design seems to me a pretty good idea!

Maybe could be necessary to unbotton a little more the "skirt" for allowing to see better the shorts behind it?
I think it's awesome and really fashionable. :) Now you should focus on a presentation style, that is less cute/chibi, that would give your design a bigger impact and approachability.
Just one question...is that supposed to be Helena or Sarah?

Thanks and it's supposed to be Sarah by the way. The flamingos should have hinted things lol.

@Kronin: The "skirt" is actually just the bottom half of the buttoned shirt. It's just being held together by the belt. I wanted to give Sarah more shorts/skirt costumes. I was thinking of changing her shorts into something more spandex-like but I'm also afraid that it looks similar to Leifang's C3. Should I change colors or use different shoes?

UpSideDownGRUNT

Okay since I can't draw and no matter how many times I try it all looks awful and you can't tell what I'm getting at so here's a few ideas I have for Ein.

I'd like to see Ein in something modernised and snazzy kinda like what I posted before
Red checked/plaid shirt/jacket
images
opened up with a white tank top/black shirt underneath.
396589264_811.jpg
stone washed jeans paired with white studded belt.
finished off with
DC%20Skate%20Shoes%20Black%20White%20Black.jpg
black/white sneakers/skateshoes (obviously w/o DC logo lol)

Ofcourse this would need to be styalised to fit Ein's personality.

Rawbietussin

It just so happens my design DOES looks similar to Leifang's C3. The boots, the shorts underneath a long buttoned shirt. -facepalms and bang my head on the wall- #FashionFailure

Leifang_-_Costume_03.jpg

Argentus

I don't think i've seen this outfit. Why don't more people use this? Also if these were jeans I'd have an outfit I'd pick for her, aside from her yellow MMA one.
because a, daisy dukes don't suit her, and b, can't remove the visor.
@Argentus I've got some tips for you. I hope, that is alright? :)

13285881265_9d9b979873_b.jpg

Imho you should weaken the angle, Mila's pants are hanging from her hips. Your version so far looked more like the left version here. It's hardly possible for pants to sit like that on the body. It doesn't really look casual.
Also her slip shouldn't be pulled so high. It has that dated 90s/80s look. Current fashion has slips/bikini bottoms situated pretty low (just take a look at other DOA outfits for the girls).

So far it looks, as if you really want to emphasize her slip showing, but if you tone it down a little, it looks just as sexy but less forced. Sometimes less is more. ;)
Thank you, I'd been struggling with that. trying to show enough to warrant customization options.
Since you're only allowed to make 1 costume submission I'd say stick to Leon, @Argentus this looks great.
The catch is, I'm not going to submit the Leon design, its actually that of @DontForkWitMe , I'm just drawing it for him, then i think he's submitting it. I hope.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Okay since I can't draw and no matter how many times I try it all looks awful and you can't tell what I'm getting at so here's a few ideas I have for Ein.

I'd like to see Ein in something modernised and snazzy kinda like what I posted before
Red checked/plaid shirt/jacket
images
opened up with a white tank top/black shirt underneath.
396589264_811.jpg
stone washed jeans paired with white studded belt.
finished off with
DC%20Skate%20Shoes%20Black%20White%20Black.jpg
black/white sneakers/skateshoes (obviously w/o DC logo lol)

Ofcourse this would need to be styalised to fit Ein's personality.

Great look and I agree Ein needs a more current look. I've said it at other times, but Ein looks like his character design is stuck in the 80s. I've always suspected Ein as Itagaki's self insert into the series. ;) And since Itagaki is gone, they haven't really touched up Ein...

Rawbietussin

I like it makes her look like she belongs in doa her defaults always make her stand out.

Thanks but I need to make the costume look less like the one in Leifang above. If I were to push through with it.

Sarah has always been versatile in a lot of her costumes. She can be casual in 2 of her outfits and a formal dress.

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
Thanks but I need to make the costume look less like the one in Leifang above. If I were to push through with it.

Sarah has always been versatile in a lot of her costumes. She can be casual in 2 of her outfits and a formal dress.

This is true, although they stand out they're don't look bad.

Rawbietussin

I'll put Sarah on hold for now. I might redesign it later.

Gonna try on Helena next before I decide on who's costume should I submit.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Funny, how certain forumers have suddenly vanished altogether from this thread, once real creativity is called for and it's not just: boobs and asses out. ;)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD