DOA6 Design Contest 2019

indieanimator

I appreciate the topic! And all these entries- wow.
Been ages since visiting this forum, though I've enjoyed DOA6 for a while now.
Just found out about this on GameFAQs.
Great memories of that GenFu winning costume.

Not being confined to Halloween is nice!
One rule on their site: 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio. Is that 800x600 pixels?
Gotta decide which characters to try.
Suggestions? Maybe Brad, Kokoro, or others?
Wish I'd known back on 10/11, but at least there's still time!

RetroMe91

I’m working on some edgy Kpop inspired casuals for a few characters. Hopefully I have time to submit them. I have one started for NiCo, Marie Rose, Lisa, Momiji, and Helena. I also have a fun concept for a Chinese inspired Lolita dress for Leifang. Idk about time though.

uwu

my 2nd kasumi entry o3o
i wanted to give her an outfit similar to the holy dimensions outfit( i know y’all know wut i’m talkin bout) also reused the hair piece from my previous entry
FCED9AD2-8D98-4795-B3A9-AE7CC13FEA09.jpeg

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor

RetroMe91

Are Kula and Mai options to design for or since they are KOF guests, are they excluded? I know Mai never got support beyond her initial release in DOA5LR. I would love to make one for Kula, but don’t want it to be a waste of time if she won’t get anything.

Dr PaC

Are Kula and Mai options to design for or since they are KOF guests, are they excluded? I know Mai never got support beyond her initial release in DOA5LR. I would love to make one for Kula, but don’t want it to be a waste of time if she won’t get anything.
The Virtue Fighter characters were not excluded from the contest in DOA5 so im sure the KOF characters are good this time around. I'd say go for it

RetroMe91

The Virtue Fighter characters were not excluded from the contest in DOA5 so im sure the KOF characters are good this time around. I'd say go for it
Yeah, but I’m DOA5LR, everyone got something except for Mai. I assume it was a contract issue with KOF and that’s why we haven’t gotten anything new for Mai or Kula.

indieanimator

Gamer Nico is one of my favs. :) I gave that a like on Twitter.

Entered my first one, but was wondering about the rule: Image file must be JPG format in 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio
Is that 800x600 pixels? That's what I exported as.

Also, has Brad or Phase appeared yet? Those two are my first. Then I hope to try other less-entered characters.

Finally- can we post the art on Deviant Art, etc. separate from the Twitter post? Or wait til the contest ends...

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

Thanks @Project Bokuho !

So I made a costume for each DOA girl (except Phase 4), one for Zack, and 2 costumes for Helena (Phantom of the Opera & Chinese Opera.

Maybe I will try a last concept for Helena.

I feel like there were less designs this year....

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Here are the commissioned submissions I've entered, thank you @axouel2009 for bringing the concepts to life and refining details so they could have more pop to them^.^

EIC0zOOWkAEmfAD

This one I wanted based on her original white ninja dress in pant form so there would be no panty shots xD it's inspired by Li Mei's DA default costume with some refinements

Reference image from Li Mei in case you're not familiar, it was always my favorite Li Mei costume xD
limei-alli.jpg

latest

EIC0ztWWkAAdDrx

This is a wedding costume I wanted for Phase 4 but I wanted it to convey the symbolism of lack of freedom and forced loss of innocence and I feel Axouel did a great job helping set that tone. It's revealing but for a purpose and meaning other than just outright sex appeal, I think the long tattered veil is my favorite part besides the boots and corset. I wanted it originally for Kasumi but I felt the outfit's theme and design potential would be a bit too heavy and dark for her

EIC00NSWwAASD2Z

80s workout outfit for Eliot that I wanted in a few years ago, Axouel did a great job helping bring the concept to life and I like his chosen color scheme :-D

And finally...His revamped costume based on his DOA4 4th costume but refined for more details and more sex appeal, and a more futuristic type look while keeping the older details like the necklace and boots
EIC00l8WsAEKDzZ

Older image for reference
latest

I may commission one more concept for Kasumi based on Hazel E's(The queen of Love and Hip Hop and my favorite mixed race hood girl) video where She was meeting up to fight and "get down" with moniece but idk yet

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD