DOA6 Gameplay Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah I think I was incorrect about that wall splat thing xD It seems to be alot more than just some specific attack property hopefully if it is based off a DOA4 wall splat, launchers will be guaranteed but maybe if you wish to try to continue a stun set up for more damage, you can but the trade off is it costs meter.

I'm ok with it but tbh I'll miss the DOA5 wall splat, but maybe this will be better since we could get a launcher of our choice for even more wall damage into a Break Blow as well xD

Raansu

Yeah I think I was incorrect about that wall splat thing xD It seems to be alot more than just some specific attack property hopefully if it is based off a DOA4 wall splat, launchers will be guaranteed but maybe if you wish to try to continue a stun set up for more damage, you can but the trade off is it costs meter.

I'm ok with it but tbh I'll miss the DOA5 wall splat, but maybe this will be better since we could get a launcher of our choice for even more wall damage into a Break Blow as well xD

DoA3 wall bounce was like that. The launcher was guaranteed, but if you really wanted to you could reset and play the stun. If its like that I'm perfectly fine with it. Its way better than what we had in DoA5. It just makes me nervous to see it after losing the free launcher in DoA4 lol.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
That’s how I think it’s going to play out in all honesty. I know literally everyone wants to forget about DOA4’s balance so.... modelling it off of DOA3 would be ideal.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
DoA3 wall bounce was like that. The launcher was guaranteed, but if you really wanted to you could reset and play the stun. If its like that I'm perfectly fine with it. Its way better than what we had in DoA5. It just makes me nervous to see it after losing the free launcher in DoA4 lol.
Idk tho, I still feel like they're trying to tell us something(forgive my constant instinct xD) I noticed that in the videos they showing this off in, they ALWAYS go for a launcher afterwards, so who knows, maybe if you try to go for more hits like 6P or P, maybe they'll just fall to the ground like if you didn't launch after a CB in DOA5LR?

If the new wall splat will be that way I think it's cool, it'll give players a choice to use the wall tje way they want to, so if you want that guaranteed damage like in DOA5, you can do that but if you want to get MORE damage and maybe bait a hold from your opponent you can do that too. That'll hopefully strengthen a few characters who have a meh wall game

Raansu

Idk tho, I still feel like they're trying to tell us something(forgive my constant instinct xD) I noticed that in the videos they showing this off in, they ALWAYS go for a launcher afterwards, so who knows, maybe if you try to go for more hits like 6P or P, maybe they'll just fall to the ground like if you didn't launch after a CB in DOA5LR?

If the new wall splat will be that way I think it's cool, it'll give players a choice to use the wall tje way they want to, so if you want that guaranteed damage like in DOA5, you can do that but if you want to get MORE damage and maybe bait a hold from your opponent you can do that too. That'll hopefully strengthen a few characters who have a meh wall game

I'm guessing the main reason is so you can use a break blow off the wall.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I don’t think the wallsplat in 5 was something bad, to me the wallsplats in 5 were fair. I don’t get why people seem to hate the wallsplats of 5.

Also SDS becoming a FS is something I’m really happy about, in 5 SDS were just too good, some even got guaranteed launchers/CB’s out of it. Characters like Jacky really benefitted the most and got way too much free damage out of it. Also, now I think of it, Rachel would’ve been very dangerous in 6 with her 8K.

Raansu

For fuck sake.....They were doing so well to. If it was just to use break holds I'd be perfectly fine. This though? No TN, just no. Change it the fuck back.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
For fuck sake.....They were doing so well to. If it was just to use break holds I'd be perfectly fine. This though? No TN, just no. Change it the fuck back.
I don't think it's that bad tbh, you won't have guaranteed damage but your opponent will still have to guess between a launcher or a throw. That set up they did in the video basically shows the consequences of being put in that situation so that'll scare the opponent unless they know exactly what you'll do or they have meter xD

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I don't think it's that bad tbh, you won't have guaranteed damage

D5E40CE9-31E2-49A5-AE58-172203BB7B2A.gif

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Kasumi will have a huge setback because of this... I am definitely not a fan of this.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I mean you'll already have situations where you can get it if your opponent doesn't have meter xD I don't think TN is gonna change it so the best thing to do is to just digest it imo

Also they seem to be adding more screen indicators too since when Honoka hit Leifang when she was recovering from that one environment break, it said "CROUCHING HIT" which I think is cool xD It'll make it easier for beginners to learn what can and won't hit in situations like that

Radiance

I'm a bit upset, but i'm not sure. Master is still telling people to wait until the game drops until we provide our opinions. So I'm going to wait and see if there's more to it before going on a full rant. Could just be something we don't know.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I'm a bit upset, but i'm not sure. Master is still telling people to wait until the game drops until we provide our opinions. So I'm going to wait and see if there's more to it before going on a full rant. Could just be something we don't know.
I told him it was unnecessary and he said to me that I have to wait until to play the game

Raansu

I don't think it's that bad tbh, you won't have guaranteed damage but your opponent will still have to guess between a launcher or a throw. That set up they did in the video basically shows the consequences of being put in that situation so that'll scare the opponent unless they know exactly what you'll do or they have meter xD

It makes going for the wall pointless. I'd rather risk for the fatal stun than go for the wall damage, especially given that overall damage seems terrible right now. In DoA5 that setup in the clip would have almost killed.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It makes going for the wall pointless. I'd rather risk for the fatal stun than go for the wall damage, especially given that overall damage seems terrible right now. In DoA5 that setup in the clip would have almost killed.
That's probably the main point, the smartest thing to do likely is to go for a break blow if your opponent doesn't have meter, but if you don't I think that'll force you to either play the stun game for more damage or you can go for a launcher for safe damage or you can bait for a hold which is quite a few ways to get damage imo.

They probably also set up the wall game like this since you can cancel break blows and as seen when Honoka did her fatal sit down stun, that already takes away their option to hold unless they have meter for a break hold. I think by switching up the wall game to this it'll help keep the whole fatal stun attack properties balanced more reasonably and give the victim actual chances to use their meter outside of the usual critical stun from normal hits and counter hits

Radiance

I do see safe throws, and resets being a potential danger for anyone who's back is against the wall in DOA6. Honestly, I'd rather deal with and take a DOA5 wall splat than being wall splatted, reset to neutral, and possibly in another stun/wall splat situation. That itself is a vortex and Jann Lee players will love it =/

just_me

Standard Donor
In DoA5 that setup in the clip would have almost killed.

Not really… everything is on Normal Hit so the Damage of the moves and Wall Hits before the BB adds up to 106 Dmg in DOA5.
Looking at the stun threshold (assumed to be 25HP) I'd say this is a 360HP lifebar in Training mode as well.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD