DOA6 List of bugs to fix and enhancements suggestions for Team Ninja

Xion

I would like to have a comprehensive place for team ninja or associated members that may come here (or have it pointed out to them) to see what the community have found as far as bugs or areas of low quality, not necessarily features they want added, but things that are lacking with the current version of the game.

I want to point out a few things I have noticed. They are all mostly visual related.

* Hit Effects OFF BUG - They still show up for throws and holds when hit effects are turned off.

* Performance modes - On Xbox One X in 4K mode (prioritize graphics) the game operates at native 4K. The prioritize action mode lowers the resolution to 1080P, but the console should still be capable of delivering 60fps at higher resolutions than 1080p. Also typically developers make increases to level of detail (LOD) or anisotropic filtering with a lower resolution mode because of the lower costs to system resources, but thats not the case here. Performance modes seem to do nothing on PS4pro.

* Story Mode Cutscenes - Please offer an optional 4K video download pack to replace all of the story mode movie files.

* SWEAT stage exhibits unusual framerate drops when turning camera towards windows during victory scenes.

* This bad texture out the window in the SWEAT stage sticks out like a sore thumb
D0q5NvkWsAACUuP.jpg:large

* Hair - Bad textures and/or poor animations...Honoka, Marie Rose, Kasumi, Tina, Hayabusa, Helena, Kokoro, Jann Lee, Brad Wong.

* specific character issues
Hayabusa -jagged neck when unmasked.
Zack - His eyes turn red when pulling back the camera in his win pose. creepy.
Christie - her short hairstyle from DOA5 is missing.
Nyotengu - No blowing wind animation for attacks like her Back P+K or her half circle forward throw that blows you up into the air.
Mila - Cos 13/14/15 are missing animation for hoodie straps. Headgear is missing animation for the string tie (all 3 color variations). missing facial animation for taunts.
Rig - His alternate costume (4/5/6) is missing animation for the straps and perhaps the chain on his belt.
Diego - no animation for the strap on his deluxe costume. missing facial animations for taunts.
Bayman - missing facial animations for taunts.
Raidou - missing facial animations for taunts.
Nyotengu - missing facial animations for taunts.

FIXED/IMPROVED
Database -
I have completed command training for every character, but it still lists 98.9% completed. FIXED 1.02
Eliot - can his hair move a little more. Just compare his hair to NiCO flipped and you'll see that it could easily look more animated BETTER 1.02
Nyotengu - Bun hairstyle is lacking animation for loose parts. BETTER 1.02
Hayate - Bad hair textures and kinda stiff BETTER patch 1.03, textures still suck though
Bayman - The facial animation during his winning pose often glitches. seemingly FIXED
Male characters have issues with navels as stated later by Tyaren. FIXED 1.08

Last edited:

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Controllers dont work properly on steam for me and the game crashes like a Ferrari doing 175 when I try to play story mode or go to certain stages.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Lips sync is just terrible, especially noticeable in Ayane's break blow.

Kasumi doesn't have lip sync at all after she's spinning in her win pose.

Lightning reflect too much in skin and especially in hair. Hair shines too much.

Hitomi has noticeable seams in her neck.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Eliot has a few issues, in his lose pose he won't move at all when it's about to loop again.

He also has a neck seam issue too, if you zoom in really close in the back you can see that the body they used for his head isn't properly seamed to the head.

As for the hair it's not an issue imo, they basically seem to have reused the old hair assets but added more stuff to it so it can move more dynamically than DOA5, like Kasumi's bangs move alot more and the hair looks like it has more weight, but tbh the hair physics in the story were best. But overall there's not much they can do to change the hair now

Tyaren

Standard Donor
First male characters had no navels at all, then after complaints they added a too tiny, wrongly placed navel, after more complaints they added a proper navel to the right location, but they left the tiny navel on the bodies, so now many male characters have two navels...

40282632563_d6ff34bb3a_o.png

Kasumi's and Hayate's hair textures are very low resolution and showcase errors such as these weird pixelation patterns:

31761990147_054594e859_o.png

45986058104_4b294b8e37_o.png

Xion

I hadnt even noticed the navel issue..oh boy.
@Tyaren Specifically I hadnt noticed that they added a new one without removing the old one lol

@KasumiLover My problem with the hair isnt really the texture or even the physics in general, just how it reacts when your being hit repeatedly or in the air. It starts to behave like its a stick figure instead of strands of something soft and floaty. Just look at Brads braid when he's being hit in the air before the izuna
Thats not how it should be.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I hadnt even noticed the navel issue..oh boy.

You didn't? I have been on a crusade for navels for many months and Team Ninja did actually listen and act on the complaints...but each time they did something right, they messed something else up. By now I wished I had never complained in the first place. No navels at all (not as noticable) is better than 2 navels (very noticable). :/

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
The game does not mark which command and combo challenges have been completed at the character select screen.

I think they assume if you have the associated title it must be all good. Then again sorting through those a pain in the butt just like DOA5.

Team Ninja associates come here? That's real cool.

1. I really miss Tag Battle. It has to be possible to bring that back. I'd love to see it in Spectator Mode especially. I miss the way Spectator Mode worked when it was "Watch Mode" back in DOA Ultimate and DOA 3. It had cool slow motion character jump-ins on certain levels like the Aquarium, the Cage/Fence level and Basketball court level in DOA Ultimate. To have a camera with a very cinematic presentation would be a treat!!! I've been a Team Ninja fan for so long now and hope they can oblige. I'd love to see some speed controls too! Slow motion is awesome. Us console gamers need more options at our finger tips.

So I purchased the game just now and started unlocking costumes and playing story mode. I'm enjoying it. I hate to complain about this but those prices for add on content are a bit extreme but hopefully we can pick and choose who to buy for like last game.

The game is GORGEOUS! Please add Tag Mode and enhance Spectator Mode for a po sap like me. I want to love this game more.

candynarwhal

Aside from the graphical issues that were already brought up - of which, the only one I've personally noticed is the weird halo effect of the smoke in Road Rage - I would also like to point out that there seems to be some kind of glitch when using Xinput controllers on PC.

I'm using an Xbone controller, and I was playing with my dad yesterday - when it got disconnected (the wire has seen better days, so that was my fault lmao) and my dad's controller (also an Xbone) in turn got bumped to P1, which doesn't happen in any other DOA game AFAIK.

When I got reconnected, the game insisted I was P2, but I was still controlling, I guess, P1 - the character I chose from the start.
Is this a feature I have misunderstood or a bug? o_O

Xion

I noticed that characters kind of glide over the surface in win and lose poses.. just zoom into their feet and you'll see it. FIXED
Also during the danger zone on forbidden fortune (not the one that grabs you and puts you in the lower level) sometimes characters will hit the ground in midair

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
PS4 Pro performance and graphics mode are not working like all other console versions (even base PS4 and base Xbox One) do, and since the demo nothing has changed.
Both performance mode and graphics mode are 1080p resolution and locked 60fps. Where is the need for two identical modes? Please raise the resolution in graphics mode to at least 1440p at the cost of framerate, like the X does with full 4K resolution. Pro owners can use this mode at least for making nicer photos, like it is possible in all othe console versions.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD