DOA6 New Character Speculation

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
This thread is mostly made to discuss potential new characters for DOA6

Hopefully the VV girls end up in it, especially Luna

I don't think the chances are high for that at all... I guess that there will be no guests and these volleyball characters were created by other designers for Venus Vacation. Think that you will get some of the fan service you desire, but it will be in the form of other girls.

I'm actually extremely excited to see the characters I care about return to the game. Rachel, Nyotengu and OGs such as Tina or Leifang. Then I will worry about the new characters. Right now we have more guys announced than females so I have no doubts in my mind the next characters revealed will be females, ban me if I'm wrong.

Honoka's favorite activities were accidentally pasted into Kasumi's slot on the main web page, but I guess it was changed quickly. While it could be a silly mistake, I actually think there is a lot of stock in Honoka being the next reveal. I don't mind at all... actually I'm intrigued by her being involved with the story and I think her personality is cute and colorful.

They also have an opportunity to fix this character completely. I thought she played the worst in the game, but I really wanted her weird ass copy cat style to work.

Boogie

Just my hunch but I honestly dont foresee them cutting any characters. The average fighting game lately usually has 25-35 characters. I think we're getting our 28 and maybe 3-5 new characters at launch then older doa and guest characters as DLC.

P2p1mbs

Just my hunch but I honestly dont foresee them cutting any characters. The average fighting game lately usually has 25-35 characters. I think we're getting our 28 and maybe 3-5 new characters at launch then older doa and guest characters as DLC.

I dont see any reason why they would cut out most of the non-guest characters; with the exception of Genra and sort of Shiden, everyone who was ever playable came back in some way. Even Rachel was added to the game because they wanted her to fill the role of the heavy weight girl since they couldnt get Nicole back.

The only reason some characters might not make it is due to time and resources and I can imagine a character like Leon being a very low priority character but I am sure they will try to put everyone in.

As for new characters, I personally expect they will do it like they did for 5; 1 to 3 new characters with more added in as either DLC or part of the inevitable rerelease.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I think we may get resident evil character as guest character?
That's a Capcom property and we would likely see Chun-Li before any of the RE protagonists. RE crossover wouldnt sell NEARLY as well as Ryu or one of the ladies from SF

KwonJigglypuff

I'd love them to use the Smash Bros Ultimate card and bring back all the characters + a Korean MILF

I would be happy enough with that.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
But could they afford a Chun Li? I think not
In this instance it would be less a question of whether TN could afford Chun-Li and more about whether Capcom saw any profit in giving them permission to bring her in. The answer to that is likely going to be a no considering there isnt a new SF game coming out soon, and even if there were DOA had to start getting taken seriously before they'll remotely view it as an option.

Derock

In this instance it would be less a question of whether TN could afford Chun-Li and more about whether Capcom saw any profit in giving them permission to bring her in. The answer to that is likely going to be a no considering there isnt a new SF game coming out soon, and even if there were DOA had to start getting taken seriously before they'll remotely view it as an option.
If they do, she'll be instant buy for me! :cool:

Thing is though, Chun-Li has massive animations and attacks that has evolve over the years, more than Mai when TN transitioned her from SNK. They had done research from not only her native Fatal Fury and KOF but also the spin-offs like Capcom Vs. SNK and SVC Chaos. If TN ever decide to ask Capcom to bring Chun-Li into DOA, there will be tons of research as her attacks changed over the years (you'll have 2 and Alpha series, then 3: 3rd Strike, Capcom Vs. SNK, SVC Chaos, all of SF4 including Omega moveset and 5, Marvel Vs. Capcom series and even Street Fighter EX!) and which will be ported over. Although most of Mai's other specials (outside the common ones like Kachosen and Ryu-enbu) and supers were converted to holds and throws respectfully, not sure how Chun-Li will work out since she has a massive resume.

P2p1mbs

Now if only Marie and Honoka wouldn't come back as well :(. At least that means those 3 wont steal the spots of any of the existing girls. Thinking about it, putting them into the main games as fighters does seem rather forced. It worked for Lisa because she was just one character but having to come up with 3 individual move lists for 3 characters not everyone would have seen seems like a waste of time.

Cadaveri

Now if only Marie and Honoka wouldn't come back as well :(. At least that means those 3 wont steal the spots of any of the existing girls. Thinking about it, putting them into the main games as fighters does seem rather forced. It worked for Lisa because she was just one character but having to come up with 3 individual move lists for 3 characters not everyone would have seen seems like a waste of time.

mm, this is really good news in my eyes. Sorry for the people who fan the new VV girls, but for the more serious theme the game is pushing they would kinda look off

That said, ye sure drop Marie & Honoka as well xD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD