DOA6 Story Discussion

KwonJigglypuff

I was so eager to see Helena interact with Rig. She seems to know him as a good guy apparently... So confusing.

And no confrontation between Christie and Helena.. or Bayman regards he killed her father.. they "had a story" together but what was it? Sex tension?

Also Christie's dialogue when she fights Helena in versus implies "the lady has grown". Does this mean she knew Helena as a child, or that she grew between DOA5 and DOA6? -_-

P2p1mbs

I was so eager to see Helena interact with Rig. She seems to know him as a good guy apparently... So confusing.

She did assign him to help Tina with her run for governor so she clearly knows his "good" personality

And no confrontation between Christie and Helena.. or Bayman regards he killed her father.. they "had a story" together but what was it? Sex tension?

Also Christie's dialogue when she fights Helena in versus implies "the lady has grown". Does this mean she knew Helena as a child, or that she grew between DOA5 and DOA6? -_-

When it comes to Bayman, she does seem to have hired him to find Marie and Honoka. And as far as the whole thing with him killing her dad, its implied that she was never really close to him so was probably indifferent to his assassination.

With Christie's quote, she says something similar to Rig when she meets him in the bar back in DOA5, its just her being a tease.

Baalzebub

I have one question about Trivia 002

Marie: "Lady Helena, I have arranged for a suite room throught to the port of new york."
Helena: "Thank you. Zack's a busy man, so I suppose it can't be helped."
Marie: "His companion seemed most pleased."
Helena: "... His companion

I'm french and this one let me think that Helena are jealous to think that Zack have a partner. What do you think ? Can you confirm ?

For exemple Helena tell to Bayman a small request and Bayman says "Your little pet ?" and in french it says "Your little toy?"
Pet can mean toy in some context ?

The french translate are not very good unfortunately
I like this idea about the trivia, I hope they will had more in the future.
Ps: Hope my english is not so bad

Leifasumi

Jann Lee? Really? Who asked for this? He won again and for what? That was extremely dumb and boring because someone like Hitomi, Leifang or Mila would have been a great champion we didn't want a repeat. Also Leifang's reaction after beating him before the tournament was very unsatisfying as if she didn't want to beat him since forever?

I hate Honoka with every fiber in my body, she is so cringy and annoying.

The only interesting and unpredictable thing about the story was Nico bringing back Maria, I wonder if she will be playable in DOA7

onelasttime

I can't put into words how frustrating the layout of the story was. Who asked for that?

Anyway
I hope they continue the story via DLC expansion - I'd totally pay for that; I hope they release Maria-reborn as DLC and make Helena have to kill her own mother. That would be somethin

Jadeinchains

Confusion about the tournament in general
So...did Jahn Lee actually win again or...?
Cause like it seems like by all accounts he won but then Diego got back up and beat him, So does that count as Diego actually winning or did Jahn still win but that was just so that Jahn Lee still had something to fight towards because a new challenger finally beat him?

KwonJigglypuff

- Lei Fang and Hitomi should have been both winners. Come on. Where are the strong ladies?
- I wonder if we know NiCO's father?
- I feel Maria Douglas will inherit Alpha's code. I can see her jelly opera dress already.
- I hope Diego took the cash price to take care of his mother.
- I can't believe after 6 games.. Helena and Tina eventually met! They actually look cool in the same screen. Nice alchemy.
- I believe DOA Quest 70 to 104 could show some hints at cutscenes which might have been cut. Like, Zack's "Dancing in the Arena" (82) : Zack did confront Helena and Nyotengu, but Eliot ? Not sure. Just a theory.
- In DOA Encyclopedia, TN actually shares a fan theory regarding Fame's death. Donovan and Anne were lovers and planned his death. I think they have NO idea what they are saying, but still, interesting. Christie (who looks like her) could be Anne's daughter, and Victor would be.. her step-father?
- My favourite moment in the story is actually when General Helena Organa infiltrates MIST lab and tells Marie she did a good job. Badass. I'm glad she did not stay behind her desk this time. Very satisfied.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Honestly, I predicted this would be the last DOA story before a reboot of some type. They look to continue it and many things went unsolved. Almost all of the fighters have a reason to defeat Jann Lee, whether it be some hidden love or just because other fighters think he's an asshole. I think the decision to give him another tournament win was actually a great decision as he's been hyped as one of the best and most driven for the tournament.

I'm sorting out the bracket right now, and I think it's possible TN screwed up on adding Diego into grand finals.

Tina2040_

I hope it's not actually Maria but a mistake... or perhaps it's revealed that the Maria we know isn't really Maria at all
Maybe they can mistake Miyako for Maria

zoo

The more I think about it 6's story feels like the story to DOA5LR. Like it's more of a 5 followup explaining the DLC characters than the next saga in the timeline. The fact that 6 didn't really conclude anything from 5 makes me sorta think this. Idk just adding to the convo lol

KwonJigglypuff

The more I think about it 6's story feels like the story to DOA5LR. Like it's more of a 5 followup explaining the DLC characters than the next saga in the timeline. The fact that 6 didn't really conclude anything from 5 makes me sorta think this. Idk just adding to the convo lol

I agree it was a bit slow, but there were some progression :
- Mila got to meet with Bass and met a new rival/love interest
- Tina and Bass got closer to DOATEC, and Rig was more developped
... wait you're right, that's it!

Eliot got stronger... but did not win anything AGAIN. Hitomi did not win, AGAIN.
Jann Lee won AGAIN. Lei Fang stalked him AGAIN. I mean, that subway scene in DOA5 was pretty much the climax of her story.
Kasumi did not defeat Donovan like she said she would. The ninjas killed Raidou.... AGAIN ?!!!

And it took 3 freaking games for Kokoro to UN-DER-STAND that Helena is her half-sister. There is so much potential with her. What a shame.

I felt like they were trying to build something with Bass/Tina/Rig/Mila/Diego within DOATEC but some stuff was cut.
We don't know what Lisa's projects are. Bayman did not do anything special. Christie did not rebel against MIST.

What they should do :
I would like to see a big shift in the story : some characters are recruited by DOATEC, some by MIST.

For instance, as the biggest champion in the competition, Jann Lee should be interesting for MIST. I'm not saying they should kidnap him or anything, but maybe they could trick him into thinking his parents well killed by Fame. The poor boy has no reason to fight, he seems constantly bored. This way, Zack could recruit Lei Fang (who is not particulary found of Helena, you know it), but she would agree and join DOATEC's forces to bring Jann Lee's back to his senses. BAM! Jann Lee versus Lei Fang.

Since Rig was friend with Bass, he could manipulate him into thinking Tina's friend, Lisa (who works at DOATEC) is a terrible influence for his daughter. Mila, as a fan of Bass, would not realize she had joined an evil team too. Tina, on another hand, would be informed by Lisa about MIST's true actions and would try to prevent her dad (and Mila) from doing anything regrettable. BAM! Bass & Mila versus Tina & Lisa.

Stupid, but Brad could also join MIST having heard they were trying to recreate the legendary Genra liquor. Or something. Eliot would try to wake him up. This does not prevent the two of them of having funny scenes. Or just add Mei Lin as an NPC. Make. It. Work.

"Oh sweet Hitomi, you want to be a ninja too to earn Hayate's heart ? Come and join us."
"Oh sweet Diego, you want to prevent your mother from dying of <insert desease> ? Come and join us".

Maybe they are trying to build that slowly now that NiCO can bring anyone back to life (Alice Armstrong, Lauren, etc.)

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

Ayane, Honoka and NiCO all have unnatural hair colors. I always suspected for Ayane, this was from her father. Honoka also being Raidou's daughter makes me suspect this more.
Could it be that NiCO is related them somehow? Obviously, she is not another child of Raidou (she would have been clear about this in the story) but maybe she and Honoka share the same mother? Maybe they even share the same mother as Marie due to their similar faces :eek:?

KwonJigglypuff

Ayane, Honoka and NiCO all have unnatural hair colors. I always suspected for Ayane, this was from her father. Honoka also being Raidou's daughter makes me suspect this more.
Could it be that NiCO is related them somehow? Obviously, she is not another child of Raidou (she would have been clear about this in the story) but maybe she and Honoka share the same mother? Maybe they even share the same mother as Marie due to their similar faces :eek:?

Hopefully there are no more half-sisters in DOA haha.

I don't think we know her mother, but maybe her ancestor is Lana from Hyrule Warriors :D
I mean, she is a blue-haired cast speller using lightning.

1cc7d937ca123e523c0cbaf1449517ec.png

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD