DOA6 Story Discussion

zoo

A general DOA6 discussion thread for all things story.
Page 8 onward contain spoilers.

Didn't see any threads strictly for discussing 6's narrative
Seems like we're seeing more with each trailer so why not have a dedicated spot to talk all plot related.
Feel free to list hopes, expectations, predictions or anything idc

So far we know..
- Ayane, Honoka and Marie will have interaction
- Tina and Bass form a team
- Mila still determined to fight Bass
- Nyotengu is in the story
- Kasumi clones still everywhere
- Rig has red eyes for some reason
- Helena is heartbroken about something
- Hitomi and Leifang still on their adventure
- Marie gets captured?

Last edited:

uwu

wait nyotengus in the story? that makes me happy:') Also it seems that Hayate and Hayabusa get into an argument over something(E3 trailer) and besides that we dont really see any other interactions between the ninja so far besides the two second clip of hayabusa and kasumi jumping out of a bomb so it makes me wonder if they are all angry at each other again like in doa 5 before the end. ayanes and kasumis bios are suggesting she still tryna kill her :/

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
So far we know..

- Ayane, Honoka and Marie will have interaction - Yup, I'm looking forward to that interaction!

- Tina and Bass form a team - I think that Tina is using the wrestling as promotion to her governor campaign, and Bass will flip when he finds out, as mentioned in my story for the reveal trailer.

- Mila still determined to fight Bass - I also think that Mila will defeat Bass, passing the torch, or Mila will be the perfect partner for Bass; the partner Tina couldn't always be.

- Nyotengu is in the story - This is where it gets interesting. Team NINJA possibly sets up possible characters for her story in DOA5. I see the three scenarios: Marie Rose's beautiful monster, Ayane's rival or seeks revenge on Hayabusa for killing Bakotsubo... or Nyotengu IS bankotsubo!

- Kasumi clones still everywhere - Where's Alpha?:(

- Rig has red eyes for some reason - I think his father experimented on him.

- Helena is heartbroken about something - likely has something to do with Donovan.

- Marie gets captured? - Marie is a servant of Helena, so Marie was likely retrieved by Bayman after a mission went wrong.

MegaMegaMike

Assuming characters who aren't Kasumi/Ayane/ninjas get to do something, I'm betting Tina and Bass's team falls apart by the end. Tina's other hobbies distract her from being a true teammate. That's where Mila comes in! She takes over as a wrestler by Bass's side, her idol!

A fun idea at least. Don't have any idea what the others will do.

Macca Beam

Rig is a vampire
Bayman is about to IMAGINE
Can't say I'm expecting much from the airheaded ganbarimass moeblob, but I look forward to the other two snarky bitches playing it out

Atahotaku

Didn't see any threads strictly for discussing 6's narrative
Seems like we're seeing more with each trailer so why not have a dedicated spot to talk all plot related.
Feel free to list hopes, expectations, predictions or anything idc

So far we know..
- Ayane, Honoka and Marie will have interaction
- Raidou must be in for explaining his relationship with Honoka
- Tina and Bass form a team - That would not last long xD
- Mila still determined to fight Bass - I hope we get some interaction with those two. An embarrased Bass because Mila's support would be cute xD
- Nyotengu is in the story - And I hope not only as a comic relief's character
- Kasumi clones still everywhere - I hope Phase 4 is the last one, and they give her more humanity and a purpose
- Rig has red eyes for some reason - Project Epsilon? Bipolarity?
- Helena is heartbroken about something - Maybe Kokoro's fate?
- Hitomi and Leifang still on their adventure - And I love that
- Marie gets captured? - More like retrieved by Bayman

zoo

Kasumi is one character I see potential with here. Knowing DOA it's not expected to have deep character development being a fighting game, but I think most can agree that Kasumi kinda falls below interesting or expressive. Being the mascot for DOA, I would love if they went more into her being this independent shinobi set on defeating MIST. Since we only briefly saw this "new" Kasumi in 5, this is a good chance for her to have a more protagonist role and be more badass in a sense. Not sure how to describe it exactly but I hope yall get what I mean.

Also hoping for her and Ayane to have some sort of scene together that doesn't revolve around hating each other lol like it'd be cool for them to finally have a legit moment in the story (kinda like a scorpion/sub zero mkx moment). Part of it could be the fact that they gotta fit every character in which cuts down on this kind of stuff. Basically why I wish DOA had more transmedia or at least some kind of story book to help bridge these things together. idk just rambling lol

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So far we know..

- Ayane, Honoka and Marie will have interaction - Yup, I'm looking forward to that interaction!

- Tina and Bass form a team - I think that Tina is using the wrestling as promotion to her governor campaign, and Bass will flip when he finds out, as mentioned in my story for the reveal trailer.

- Mila still determined to fight Bass - I also think that Mila will defeat Bass, passing the torch, or Mila will be the perfect partner for Bass; the partner Tina couldn't always be.

- Nyotengu is in the story - This is where it gets interesting. Team NINJA possibly sets up possible characters for her story in DOA5. I see the three scenarios: Marie Rose's beautiful monster, Ayane's rival or seeks revenge on Hayabusa for killing Bakotsubo... or Nyotengu IS bankotsubo!

- Kasumi clones still everywhere - Where's Alpha?:(

- Rig has red eyes for some reason - I think his father experimented on him.

- Helena is heartbroken about something - likely has something to do with Donovan.

- Marie gets captured? - Marie is a servant of Helena, so Marie was likely retrieved by Bayman after a mission went wrong.
I don't think so tbh. Helena didn't seem heartbroken, I honestly think that winged new character we saw concept art for is perhaps her mother as an angel.(whether an experimented upon one or not is yet to be determined but if Donovan can bring Raidou back to life after 2 years, im sure he could do the same for Helena's mother). I think maybe she encountered her in story mode and after a battle or something she flew away, which lead to her outburst which makes since because Helena would only react that way at the sight of her mother. Plus she was looking upwards at something xD

The story imo based on the trailers seems all over the place, it gives me really strong Warriors Orochi/Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors vibes with how everything just seems thrown together in these completely different areas with no real context.
I am so disappointed about Leifang and Hoitomi going through the same route as before. You have Marie and Honoka who you could have made a joke characters instead SMH.
I mean what do you expect? They have no real plot relevance anymore, Leifang is just gonna get her ass beat by Jann Lee again and she has no other purpose in the story besides fighting him. Hitomi hasn't had a plot since DOA4, Hayate basically washed his hands of her and so her only real purpose is to just enter the tournament and fight so it makes sense they're both just doing the same scenario as before.

Marie Rose and Honoka are way too popular to make joke characters in Japan, plus this will be their first major game where they actually have a story since they were just added in 5 with nothing backing them. I think Nyo will probably be a villain for Ryu but if she is he'll probably just kill her.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I don't think so tbh. Helena didn't seem heartbroken, I honestly think that winged new character we saw concept art for is perhaps her mother as an angel.(whether an experimented upon one or not is yet to be determined but if Donovan can bring Raidou back to life after 2 years, im sure he could do the same for Helena's mother). I think maybe she encountered her in story mode and after a battle or something she flew away, which lead to her outburst which makes since because Helena would only react that way at the sight of her mother. Plus she was looking upwards at something xD

The story imo based on the trailers seems all over the place, it gives me really strong Warriors Orochi/Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors vibes with how everything just seems thrown together in these completely different areas with no real context.

I mean what do you expect? They have no real plot relevance anymore, Leifang is just gonna get her ass beat by Jann Lee again and she has no other purpose in the story besides fighting him. Hitomi hasn't had a plot since DOA4, Hayate basically washed his hands of her and so her only real purpose is to just enter the tournament and fight so it makes sense they're both just doing the same scenario as before.

Marie Rose and Honoka are way too popular to make joke characters in Japan, plus this will be their first major game where they actually have a story since they were just added in 5 with nothing backing them. I think Nyo will probably be a villain for Ryu but if she is he'll probably just kill her.

It doesn't give me Orochi vibes at all. If it did I wouldn't be interested in it at all. Anyway, I wasn't the one that said Helena was heartbroken, but she certainly appears to be. Did her face animation not give it away to you while she was on the ground crying?

If your angel theory is correct... lol

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It doesn't give me Orochi vibes at all. If it did I wouldn't be interested in it at all. Anyway, I wasn't the one that said Helena was heartbroken, but she certainly appears to be. Did her face animation not give it away to you while she was on the ground crying?

If your angel theory is correct... lol
She wasn't crying imo, or maybe I didn't see any tears xD

IMG_20180930_180030.jpg

That doesn't look like heartbreak imo, that looks like a complex mix of disbelief, sadness and shock all in one which she would feel if she saw that her mother was alive and suddenly just flew away from her. And I really think the winged character is either an angel of her mother or something having to do with her mother getting wings. And Shimbori did say the new girl was "voluminous" in another area. My theory is that the new girl is that winged character because wings are large and voluminous, which means "occupying or containing much space; large in volume, in particular."

So if that's the case, that means Nyotengu won't be the only winged female character for long xD

Macca Beam

leifang and hitomi have been joke characters since the cabbage scene
with that said, it's not bad for variety. and if everything is serious and grim all the time it would be boring and lifeless as shit

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD