• No.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Meh.

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ADR JaiDe N

My God, what were they thinking?

They take away our lobbies + the ability to have a ranked SEARCH FILTER as well?

I understand they rushed (7 years not long enough?) the game to the point that

they have to strip us of these necessities, and they already have plans for

SEASON PASSES + costumes on DAY1!?!?! what !?!? WTF.

Am I the only one to find it very STRANGE, that they are working on costumes BEFORE the game was even FULLY released?

When they should really be working on patches and other fixes ect.

What the FUCK, did we wait 2 extra weeks for?

WHY is it then, that DOA4+DOA5 BOTH came included with lobbies vanilla?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHy is it, that DOA6 has SEASON PASSES on DAY1!?!? whereas DOA5 did not?

Why is it that DOA6 Vanilla has inferior online functions to DOA5+DOA4?

I know I'm repeating the same lines, but this is just ridiculous; in the 7 years between doa5>doa6 ,

they really couldn't find the time to plan online lobbies for doa6?

I'm confused , because this is 2019!

They said we'll get the lobby'patch "end of March' but this point is, we shouldn't have to wait -

it should have been included DAY1 vanilla, even the DEMO failed to delivery on it's promise of lobbies.

How does everyone else feel about this?

werewolfgold

Corporate is gonna corporate. Can't let anything stop the money train.

The best reading of it all would be they delayed it thinking that they would be able to finish the lobbies in time, but it was a no-go. After that, it wasn't like they could just keep delaying it over and over again.

But, if the rest of the game was "finished" (not really), they thought they could just go with what ever else they had planned and they could weather the storm of negative feedback.

However, the lobbies being missing is only one problem in a sea of many with the game. The whole thing needed at least 3 more months in the oven.

ADR JaiDe N

Precisely, well put

the game feels incomplete in some areas, and to think, there was a 7-year gap between doa5&6, ridiculous.

Taking that timespan, usually of 7 years in between games, it's also fair to assume A LOT of changes

will happen to this. For the better I'm hoping.

Shining_Wave

vader_NOOOO-1.jpg

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
So let me see if I can sum this thread up in a nutshell.

TN: We'll give you guys a Deluxe Demo before the actual release date that'll have lobbies!
You: Sweet! Let's go!

Manny: Hey so we know it's the day before we put the Demo out but it turns out we can't give you lobbies atm we're having issues with them but we'll give you the Demo anyway without them should still be fun!
You: WHERE ARE THE LOBBIES YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE LOBBIES IN THE DEMO WHY AREN'T THERE LOBBIES IN THE DEMO WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU TN

TN: Hey so here's a list of what we're going to roll out in march including the lobbies that have been giving us problems incorporating, it's a lot of DLC costumes and two KoF characters including Mai Shiranui since everyone loved her in 5!
You: WHY YOU PLANNING DLC OUT OF THE GATE EVERY OTHER FIGHTING GAME HAS DLC OUT OF THE GATE BUT YOU SHOULDN'T BECAUSE I'M GOING TO USE IT TO SAY YOU LOOK SHITTY FOR DOING IT

TN: Hey it's launch day! Still having trouble with those Lobbies but we'll have them to you sometime in march! In the meantime we're going to go ahead with our planned DLC if you guys want it, should be pretty cool!
You: F%^& YOU WHY ARE THERE NO LOBBIES DAY 1 AND THE SEASON PASS FOR 62 COSTUMES AND 2 CHARACTERS COSTS 93 USD YOU'RE JUST A BUNCH OF CONS AND YOUR GAME IS AN UNFINISHED PILE OF SH%^

Just first impressions.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
oh boohoo lobbies aren’t available. People act like it’s the end of the world, they’re clearly working on it. It’s not like they were being lazy but more that they want to have everything working properly. I’d rather wait for the lobbies than to have lobbies with various bugs. They obviously needed more time but even they have a deadline that was given to them and needed to finish the entire game within that time period. They already were given 2 weeks extra and I doubt KT would’ve gave them extra time.

Xhominid The Demon Within

oh boohoo lobbies aren’t available. People act like it’s the end of the world, they’re clearly working on it. It’s not like they were being lazy but more that they want to have everything working properly. I’d rather wait for the lobbies than to have lobbies with various bugs. They obviously needed more time but even they have a deadline that was given to them and needed to finish the entire game within that time period. They already were given 2 weeks extra and I doubt KT would’ve gave them extra time.

This. It's funny that even people who pretend that they are knowledgeable of the gaming industry doesn't realize the existence of the deadline, pointing out that other studios being able to delay their games' into infinity as if it's the same everywhere else:

Newsflash, it's not. Koei Tecmo gave Team Ninja not only a bad budget for being one of their main moneymakers but an absolutely tight schedule and past giving them an extra 2 weeks, decided that it was not worth it at all to delay it any further, damn the state the games' in.
This is ironic as hell because we've seen this type of shit in gaming NUMEROUS TIMES and yet people act like this never happens. We've had games get entirely retooled and then rushed out before they are even finished, straight up betas being released and so on and so forth.

This type of crap is nothing new and people should finally realize that developers can straight do nothing if they don't have the time or money to do what they need.

Lady Tengu

Anyone else constantly disconnecting from Ranked matches? 5 bars doesn’t matter the game quits, its been a struggle just to get one actual game in. I’m glad they’re working on Lobbies though, sad that it wasn’t day one. I got my friends to buy the game and we couldn’t even play lmfaoo.

Darkwatchman

Anyone else constantly disconnecting from Ranked matches? 5 bars doesn’t matter the game quits, its been a struggle just to get one actual game in. I’m glad they’re working on Lobbies though, sad that it wasn’t day one. I got my friends to buy the game and we couldn’t even play lmfaoo.
I start getting disconnects when I'm winning a match, so I suspect it's mostly just rage quitters.

Marteze

nah, lobbies should've been in the game from jump. it's great they're adding them eventually but the fact they weren't in game day one shows you exactly where time and resources went. and where they will be going in the future.

ADR JaiDe N

L0L@the replies

the notion of proper online functionality included day1, i.e lobbies+RANKED SEARCH FILTERS applies more to the *online only* casual player I feel.

I am like the many, who just wanted to have fun lobby matches with mates. There isn't even a search filter to play with people in your own country? And this is 2019, so much for technological advances? Ha It's a downgrade from DOA5 clearly.

This game must be great@LANs and tournaments tho, which is funny because that's as far as they got. Just enough to show the game off and promote it, gaining exposure in the Esports community. Which is fair-enough for them to promote DOA as the true competitive fighting franchise it was aiming to be, 2bad about EVO lol.

At the moment, we only have 1 piece of online functionality; RANKED, albeit an inferior version mind you lacking search filters?L0L? seriously? How hard is it to implement a search filter that SHOULD cum pre-included in DOA5, I ass'k you?

I can understand what some of you are saying, yes. But also, step back and look@ this picture >>>>>

>>>>> DOA4: released 2005(more accurately 2006)
>>>>> DOA5: release in 2012 < now, compare the final product of DOA5 to DOA6 in 2019 and what do we have?

*there was NO costume/DLC content for DOA4 ; yet DOA5 came to us in a complete form < supposedly, they had LESS TIME / LESS RESOURCES to make DOA5 than given in DOA6.

*DOA5 had costume/DLC content = profit, I believe as the games went on, they had a bigger budget each time. Just think about ALL the costumes produced in DOA5:LR lol.

This is just my understanding of it, you can agree/disagree or be looking at it from a different perspective than myself,
obviously it's not the end of the world - and we WILL have lobbies(eventually)

But the bigger picture is WHAT.THE.FUCK. in the WORLD could they have possibly done wrong to NOT have lobbies included when we ALL know it is MEANT to be a CORE feature and component of this game > just as it was in DOA4/DOA5. need I say more.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Edited the title to be less misleading.

I agree we should have had lobbies but this had to release before the game was ready, likely at the behest of the publisher. They did what they could with the time they had and are proving very responsive to the community, if the costume parts stuff is anything to go by. Be patient.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD