DOAXBV Opening Remastered in 5K 60FPS

Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball's iconic opening CGI scene has been fully remastered nearly 18 years later by YouTuber, White Charisma utilizing AI upscaling in delicious 4K/5K at 60 frames per second. The original 2003 scene ran at 480p and 30 frames per second. By watching the video you can see the difference clearly on almost any screen available for your use.

One of the encapsulating things about Dead or Alive in the early 2000s were the CGI scenes that shed light, story and personalities to the DOA characters. Since Dead or Alive: Dimensions on the 3DS - Team NINJA has chosen to work with in game cut scenes for their storytelling and departure from Itagaki's narrative. Before this fighters were always eager to see the latest batch of CGI in the next Dead or Alive and it became a staple of Team NINJA to include them in most of their games.

This beautiful & remastered scene helps us breathe fresh life in the past, and it also goes to show how rich of a history DOA has and that the bar for DOA has always been quite high. Team NINJA does believe in quality over anything else and it shows in most of their work today and yesterday.

Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball's iconic opening CGI scene has been fully remastered nearly 18 years later by YouTuber, White Charisma utilizing AI upscaling in delicious 4K/5K at 60 frames per second. The original 2003 scene ran at 480p and 30 frames per second. By watching the video you can see the difference clearly on almost any screen available for your use.

One of the encapsulating things about Dead or Alive in the early 2000s were the CGI scenes that shed light, story and personalities to the DOA characters. Since Dead or Alive: Dimensions on the 3DS - Team NINJA has chosen to work with in game cut scenes for their storytelling and departure from Itagaki's narrative. Before this fighters were always eager to see the latest batch of CGI in the next Dead or Alive and it became a staple of Team NINJA to include them in most of their games.

This beautiful & remastered scene helps us breathe fresh life in the past, and it also goes to show how rich of a history DOA has and that the bar for DOA has always been quite high. Team NINJA does believe in quality over anything else and it shows in most of their work today and yesterday.
The 5K hime cuts of Kasumi and Hitomi!:oops::eek:

This was very high quality, and brings back Me seeing these videos on Youtube. This is a game I can't play on Xbox 360 (along with SVC Chaos), and usually see gameplay video from gamemaster14neo.

This game was when we got the first character who originated from the DOAX brand which was Lisa.

This is actually really good. Fantastic visuals. Would love to see DOA3, DOA2U & DOA4 in 4K60fps. Makes me clamour for a remaster/remake of DOA3/DOA2U/DOA4.

If anything, that would probably end up being a smart marketing choice. Because, what could happen is this:

Line 1). DOA3, DOA2U and DOA4 would get to be remastered or remade, with an update equivalent to what is shown in the video of this initial post for this thread.

Line 2). Each game will have balance updates between every character and possibly new moves.
But, if the player desires to play a previous version of that very same game, then TN/KT will offer a mode that will authorize the said player to do so. The exact same game as it once was. Otherwise, the current version can and will have its own balance updates.

:6: There is the remaster. Remastered version = Updated frame data, possible new moves and subtle mechanical changes for suiting the competitive aspect of the game, whether it be an update of DOA3, DOA4 or DOA2U.

:6: Within the remaster, the player can opt out and play the *original* version of same game. This will be made IMMEDIATELY available for the main menu that the player can access any time they desire.

Line 3). Additional story-based elements and clarifications (not factoring DOA Dimensions. DOA Dimensions can stay out of the equation).

Line 4). Customizations and/or new costumes exclusive to the remasters/remakes.
No idiotically priced DLC, no exclusives, and no censorship. KT/TN needs to *make* money, not lose it by pissing off its own audience and those potentially interested in the franchise.

Line 5). A remaster than can be used as a reference for a new DOA game layout (possibly DOA8, in the case that DOA7 may or may not already be in development. The last statement I just made is nothing more than hearsay without any confirmation and verification given out by TN/KT themselves.

Line 6). Can go as far as to reference DOAX and/or DOAX2 or possibly input them into the remakes themselves as how they were released. DOAX will be an installation to DOA3 while DOAX2 will act as an accessory to DOA4.

:6: The *original* DOAX will be made available on each remaster, just like the original version of the same game.
DOAX1 (Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball) will apply to the DOA3 updated remaster/remake.

:6: DOAX3 (Dead or Alive Extreme 2) will apply to the DOA4 updated remaster/remake.

Line 7). Each and every new update of DOA3, DOA4, *and* DOA2U will have online features, complete with 18-man lobbies and additional features, with a much stronger netcode.
*THE INDIVIDUAL IS ALSO AUTHORIZED TO PLAY THE ORIGINAL COUNTERPARTS OF THE SAME GAMES ONLINE AS WELL ON THEIR SYSTEM!*

Line 8). DOA3, DOA4, and DOA2U remaster/remake can also come in the same package with each feature mentioned above, complete with bonus content and materials between each title with its own UI and special additions for players to mess around with as they try each updated title and even the original versions of the same game. Available for the PC, PS4/5, Nintendo Switch, AND Xbox.

... Not likely to happen. Some might even disagree with some of these ideas. But, I figure this would be a method of regenerating interest and shedding more light towards the series.

Last edited:
I was actually planning on doing something like this about a year ago. Even using Topaz Gigapixel for it. The only difficulty I had was finding the actual raw footage from the videos without any compression, which was tough because downloading them off Youtube was out of the question as downloading anything from Youtube leads to heavy compression despite it can be fixed still with AI. But at the same time, we have to give Youtube props that they don't downgrade the video quality if it's under a specific resolution.

Speaking of, I think Matt Ponton is also working on that same idea as we speak, he was literally talking about this the other day on discord, no kidding.

Last edited:
Need the other DOA videos done like this now. Like the 3 and 2U openings and the 3 and 4 endings.

Should be very possible for the openings and endings I think. Especially with anything higher than 1080p because Youtube doesn't actually compress the videos being played when it's like 2K/4K/5K etc. So you get to see the upscale in it's full glory without issues on ghosting or some type of motion blur or pixelated problems. Compared to a 720-1080p video where Youtube (for who knows why) purposely lowers the bitrate of the videos to 8mb-16mb, sometimes a recorded un-uploaded video looks better than upload because of it lol. However with 1440p and higher, you don't really see that problem, especially in 5K despite more megapixels, it looks cleaner than watching most videos on an actual TV lol!

If someone can send me the raw uncompressed footage of them (not downloaded off Youtube or anything, no twitter, no FB videos, none of that. Actual raw video files from inside the game extracted. I know Topaz can still fix this but I always had errors with downloaded ones) I can do it, or send it to Matt as i'm pretty sure he can do it.

Last edited:
Looks really great for the most part, but I personally would've fixed the lighting in some scenes. Also, is it just me or does Hitomi just look... off?

It's been so long since I've seen this cinematic but damn, it's crazy how blurry the original was. Great stuff nonetheless.

Found another upscaled version of the DOAX intro, by repinscourge. This one is 4K though.

I really hate how in that 5K60fps one, the colours in Tina parts are pretty much ruined. Everything in those scenes looks the same fleshy colour and it also seems too bright. The one I'm sharing has it's own share of issues though, but overall I still like it better.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD