Does Dimensions Tell us much about DoA5 gameplay? DOA5 Press Event!

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
So Morris is considered press now?

Funny. Well he always was one with connections... and he will probably be the only one there who knows how to play.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
remembering back to our 3.1 session at his house.

well... like one out of fifty wasn't bad. younger people have done worse.

d3v

When can we get impressions? If it's good, I'll spread the word on SRK's front page.

Berzerk!

Talking to publisher reps for some of the other companies producing fighting games, there are some events where they don't want to overload it with high level players because they are nervous about scaring off casual/new players. But I've never heard of high level players being expressly excluded.

Lets hope its just one of those situations they want it to be easy and fun for beginners without top players dominating and ruining the fun (I don't subscribe to this), and they are still planning more open events as the game is closer to completion to get high level feedback.

Raansu

Dahlsim isn't making any sense on doac, but what he's posted he's saying its a 3 point hold, but everyone has an "expert" hold for which I asked if that meant everyone had advanced holds. Here's the response.

Basically although of course only 4 characters are playable so can't be 100% sure.But yes, it seems there is an advanced hold, which is being called "expert hold" and looks like a standard move for all characters now available against the mid punch and mid kick respectively.

The last line makes no sense to me >_>

Raansu

So when you setup the new power move you control somewhat the direction you strike them into.this sets up the special dangerzone interactions. Then you get a little multiple choice mini game kind of like what happened in Mortal Kombat vs. DC.

.................................................................................................... Peace out TN.

Allan Paris

dahlsim said:
So far looks like 3pt. hold
I'm seeing the old 'expert hold' but now for everybody.
Looks like a sidestep evasion is in for everyone. We'll have to see how effective it is.

4 playable characters, Hayabusa, Hayate and now Ayane and Hitomi!
Yes, I think the girls look hot, and they sweat and get dirty!

So the new power move all the characters have looks like it will be key to the "fighting entertainment' that DoA5 would bring.

It creates some fun moves and interacts with the new danger zones. I'm curious as to how effective lt will be landed, but its exciting.

The controls, feel and play style feels very familiar, very much like DoA so that's a good thing in my book.
If you're good at DoA you'll be good right away. I didn't have a problem winning matches before I started just experimenting with another press guy.

dahlsim said:
Basically although of course only 4 characters are playable so can't be 100% sure.

But yes, it seems there is an advanced hold, which is being called "expert hold" and looks like a standard move for all characters now available against the mid punch and mid kick respectively.

I came across this on DOAC, more info is on Tkplayers.com. Don't know if any of you heard about this already, if you have, ignore it of course.

I personally don't know why the mids are advanced holds but then you can just hold them both at the same time. Maybe they give setups or cause more damage by advancing them, yeah that's it it makes sense. I hope they change their mind on the holding points, give us 4! Seriously though, whatever works and isn't broken is fine with me.

Allan Paris

Mutilple choice like Mk Vs. DC?! what. the. fuck. that game didn't do well, why are they taking something from it and working with it?

This is why they didn't want better players to play it now.

Raansu

Mutilple choice like Mk Vs. DC?! what. the. fuck. that game didn't do well, why are they taking something from it and working with it?

This is why they didn't want better players to play it now.

Whats funny is TN talks about fighting games not advancing, but they are literally just copying ideas from anime type fighters like DBZ Budokai or the Naruto games etc... (Not that games like Budokai were not fun, I loved them, but it's not exactly ideal for competitive games). That's at least the impression I'm getting.

Berzerk!

Everyone has normal holds, and advanced holds.

This sounds good so far. What I want is more detail, do the standard holds act as parries? Are they just low-damage holds? Do they cause knockdown?
At this time if they go with 3-way standard holds I'd want them to be parries or extremely low damage. It would be cool to see some battles go through parry-attack-parry sequences.
Advanced holds, however, are the old 4-way hold with included damage.

That's what I'm getting from it so far. Powerblows and falling minigame, really need more info about the amount of damage, control, and overall feel of it.

x Sypher x

Yeah I don't get it either lol. It sounds nice and all but I think it could do just fine without the multiple choice crap.

Raansu

Everyone has normal holds, and advanced holds.

This sounds good so far.

No...it sounds terrible. They are over complicating things because it seems like they don't know what they want to do with it so they are trying to get the best of both worlds.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD