Does Dimensions Tell us much about DoA5 gameplay? DOA5 Press Event!

Berzerk!

Responses for non DOA playing fighting scene guys I know has been positive. The screen shots are blowing them away.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I'm not gonna lie. I play the game, and I can't help but be blown away by this. Attack me if you will, but it's the truth.

*defends himself, waiting for hostile backlash by the entire site*

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
The screenshots graphically are very nice, awesmic. I won't attack you for that.

The gameplay changes are scary at best, though.

Berzerk!

The screenshots are sans UI such as lifebars.

I'd like to know if they were there and if there has been a change in design, and if it felt like there was a change in the amount of damage holds did.

Did it feel like playing on DOA4 Normal Life, etc?

Raansu

I'm not gonna lie. I play the game, and I can't help but be blown away by this. Attack me if you will, but it's the truth.

*defends himself, waiting for hostile backlash by the entire site*

No one is denying that the game looks good visually. Just most of us here care more about the mechanics, and the mechanics so far are scaring us.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
i asked morris about the mini-game and he said it was meant to reduce or avoid damage, not to reflect it. (thank god)

team ninja did say that line about turning things around on hayate on twitter, but its highly likely that was a completely different build and its long been overhauled.

Tenren

well my hopes are up for it. From what Ive read with the lil play it seems to be going in the right direction. Granted so did DOA4 b4 the revamp. Just as awesmic said Im deff.. loving the screen shots. Also hope they never show any Christie pics :) muhahaha

KoF06

Woah, screen shop are very beautiful !
I was completly disappointed by the design in DoAD, but those pictures completly relief me !
About the gameplay, the multiple choice can be like mvc3 (damage reduce or thing like that) no?

d3v

Woah, screen shop are very beautiful !
I was completly disappointed by the design in DoAD, but those pictures completly relief me !
About the gameplay, the multiple choice can be like mvc3 (damage reduce or thing like that) no?
Just as long as it doesn't allow for a dramatic reversal.

Actually, speaking of MvC3, early builds of that game actually had it so that counter exchange gave you a free air combo. That off course was changed once players expressed their disapproval.

Dahlsim

i asked morris about the mini-game and he said it was meant to reduce or avoid damage, not to reflect it. (thank god)

team ninja did say that line about turning things around on hayate on twitter, but its highly likely that was a completely different build and its long been overhauled.

Just to clarify, I can't swear they don't intend to have turnaround option, just that from trying out the options in the limited play time I had, we only saw an ability to reduce / avoid damage. I also got that idea from the interview but some of what they intend they were not ready to disclose yet.

I played with a few decent media guys one from Gamespot for instance and we setup the option and tried a few.

I know quite a bit of the gameplay elements are still very fluid, so feedback on sites lie this with high level players will be quite influential at this point.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I believe they may yet be influenced by the community. If I didn't, I probably wouldn't be holding out for the game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD