Community "Don't think. Feel" The Jann Lee General Discussion Thread

Lulu

There's 2 types of knockdowns in DOA, light knockdowns and hard ones, about 80% forcetech setups in the game can be avoided using quick getups but timing can be more difficult depending on the attack, hard knockdowns are given mostly to heavy weights and grapplers for this reason, so that they guarantee their ground throws and for making forceteching easier to keep momentum, other characters can get hard knockdowns as well but it can be a little trickier and can have more disavantageous results.

Well I'm familar with that much..... atleast I hope I am.

But I'm curious as to why this works for Sarah really well..... I'm going to try it using Mila this time since shes the only other character I know of with a really good Rebounding Move.

For some reason I could never get this to work with Jacky's Bounds.... its weird man.

I already dropped my findings in Sarah's general discussion.... if I find anything for Mila I'l post it there too.

Jefffcore

Okay so this is something thats been eating away at me for a while now.....
Why is the AI so good at getting up without quick teching ?

I ask because Sarah has a nice force tech set up that doesn't require you to use the Record and Playback Functions..... but for some reason this is extremely hard to pull off with other characters.
The AI can tech sooner than we can.

Lulu

The AI can tech sooner than we can.

The AI can do all kinds of impossible things.

Okay so I tried setting the AI to perform a Mid Kick on reaction with the hopes of increasing its vulnerability when I knock it down but no matter how well I time my force tech I can never seem to land.

I find this upsetting because I'm 80% sure that you can immediately try to wake up kick after you hit the ground and yet some how the AI seems to have pulled it off.

And while we're on the subject of knock downs..... has anybody had any success repeatedly stomping out a Wake Kick with a ground attack ? For some reason the game lets me stomp out the first Wake Up but for some reason it won't let me stomp out the second wake up kick attempt because when I try to do my ground attack again I just get a regular :2::P: or :2::K: and then I get hit by the kick.

Why is the game disabling my Ground Attcks ? Especially when the AI can always do it to me.

Jefffcore

When you knock someone to the ground you'll get a certain amount of advantage (it shows in the details); the attack you use to FT has to hit within a certain range of that number.

For the sake of the thread: finish a combo with 9kk and see what you get.

Lulu

When you knock someone to the ground you'll get a certain amount of advantage (it shows in the details); the attack you use to FT has to hit within a certain range of that number.

For the sake of the thread: finish a combo with 9kk and see what you get.

I wasn't necessarily talking about a Knock Down..... I would launch the opponent then let them fall.... thats when I try to Force Tech them before they kick me. Using an attack or a throw with knock down properties just didn't give me that much time to do my thing.

Lulu

GOD DAMNIT !!! :eek: WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME JAN LEE TURNS AROUND AFTER :3::3::P:..... I literally just found this recently...

Lulu

Di- did you not notice that until now? Wow, that's weird lol.

LoL..... I thought my game was broken because I never got the juggles I wanted...

This isn't the first time something like this has happened..... a few months back I found out Momiji had a 2nd Critical Burst, her Tenku :K:.... mind you this was after I used her for like a month.

I don't know how these things sneak past me. :(

Edit: I also didn't know Tina's tackle was an offensive hold..... although in my defense I didn't know what an offensive hold was before I joined FSD.

whiterobes

Hi! I recently started using Jann Lee again after having dropped him a while back. I loved seeing all the devotion there is for this character and I just wanted to contribute to this thread with some stuff I came up with too. I'd love to hear feedback or opinions and see if it would be useful or not.

Darkslay

Hi! I recently started using Jann Lee again after having dropped him a while back. I loved seeing all the devotion there is for this character and I just wanted to contribute to this thread with some stuff I came up with too. I'd love to hear feedback or opinions and see if it would be useful or not.

Awesome stuff man! I did knew some of these but i hadn't thought of some, great job. :jannlee:

Eks

Play Yakuza
Premium Donor

Great stuff. I would love to see more of those JL tech.

whiterobes

Great stuff. I would love to see more of those JL tech.

Thanks guys! I'm always open to dojo or usually in a party if anyone else wants to talk tech. I actually prefer that to fighting most of the time...

I just realized I had the computer hold mid for the 9P. It's still unholdable though. DAMN.

Gurimmjaw

Well here it is @Darkslay. This is what I was talking about with you earlier today. Using 2k and not getting the close ground hit version and instead the regular 2k version no matter how close you are.

Now 2k works very similar to 2p as it will only forcetech them up when they are pressing buttons. However you do have 2k2k which will forcetech them up and you can also do something else. When you do 2k and they are not force teched up you can do 2p and will force tech them.

I think this stuff works great after you do 9kk and also p6pk/66pk. Maybe after 6t as well.

Darkslay

Well here it is @Darkslay. This is what I was talking about with you earlier today. Using 2k and not getting the close ground hit version and instead the regular 2k version no matter how close you are.

Now 2k works very similar to 2p as it will only forcetech them up when they are pressing buttons. However you do have 2k2k which will forcetech them up and you can also do something else. When you do 2k and they are not force teched up you can do 2p and will force tech them.

I think this stuff works great after you do 9kk and also p6pk/66pk. Maybe after 6t as well.
Haha, you got me! I actually did know a few methods to get it, but its cool, indeed, freestepping with 2 will negate the ground effect of his 2K, now, there are 2 other methods, one which still works. Off of a full crouch and from a sidestep, the second one was patched from U to LR for some reason though.

2K 2P is the best option since it gives you a ton of advantage, over 20 i believe, its best to always free cancel 2K and in the case the opponent does not tech for you to retaliate with 1P+K to space yourself, you can try and go for the 2P but i wouldn't do it from nothing else than point blank since you run the risk of getting beat out by a WUK.

And about P6PK/66PK, use PP2K instead, more reliable.

DroWin_MaN

How do you get that animation without kicking them on the ground. I always get the other animation. Iseen ryujin do it but, i never get that animation

Gurimmjaw

Haha, you got me! I actually did know a few methods to get it, but its cool, indeed, freestepping with 2 will negate the ground effect of his 2K, now, there are 2 other methods, one which still works. Off of a full crouch and from a sidestep, the second one was patched from U to LR for some reason though.

2K 2P is the best option since it gives you a ton of advantage, over 20 i believe, its best to always free cancel 2K and in the case the opponent does not tech for you to retaliate with 1P+K to space yourself, you can try and go for the 2P but i wouldn't do it from nothing else than point blank since you run the risk of getting beat out by a WUK.

And about P6PK/66PK, use PP2K instead, more reliable.

Yeah its very great to do. Now if only it force teched like 1p lol. Though you can still force tech them with 2k2k at least and they are forced up from regular 2k if they hit buttons.

Yeah definitely man. 2k 2p is best option and gives a lot of advantage plus they are not forced far away when you force tech them up which is great.

PP2K is good but I do like using the 2k instead since it not from strings and easy to use to so as long as you know how to do the 2k you won't have problem getting the regular 2k everytime.

How do you get that animation without kicking them on the ground. I always get the other animation. Iseen ryujin do it but, i never get that animation

It not really complicated but simply do it just freestep with 8 or 2 and than do 2k and you won't get the ground hit version.

DroWin_MaN

Yeah its very great to do. Now if only it force teched like 1p lol. Though you can still force tech them with 2k2k at least and they are forced up from regular 2k if they hit buttons.

Yeah definitely man. 2k 2p is best option and gives a lot of advantage plus they are not forced far away when you force tech them up which is great.

PP2K is good but I do like using the 2k instead since it not from strings and easy to use to so as long as you know how to do the 2k you won't have problem getting the regular 2k everytime.

It not really complicated but simply do it just freestep with 8 or 2 and than do 2k and you won't get the ground hit version.

DroWin_MaN

iight thanks bruh

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD